Charming Center Hall Colonial on nearly a full acre of prime Old Short Hills LandMillburn/Short Hills
1 Washington Ave, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 1 Washington Ave
- Millburn/Short Hills
- .93 Acres
- 4 Full and 2 Half
Exclusive listing from The Sue Adler Team: Call Sue Adler for more information 973-464-9129
SOLD! Price: $1,595,000
1 Washington Ave, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Welcome to One Washington Avenue situated on nearly a full acre of professionally landscaped, park-like grounds in the heart of the desirable Old Short Hills section of Short Hills. The charm of this meticulously maintained center hall colonial is instantly apparent.
A brief stop in the foyer reveals elegant hardwood floors and a classic center stairway. Step right into the inviting Living Room where hardwood floors and an intricately detailed wood-burning fireplace make quite a statement while providing the perfect backdrop for entertaining family and friends. The adjoining sun filled Den is perfect for relaxing after a long day of work…Soak up the light streaming through the many large windows while you cozy up in front of the gas fireplace, enjoy the warmth that radiates from the heated floors throughout the room or simply gaze through the French doors to the spectacular view of the greenery in the backyard. Continue on and you’ll reach the light filled Office with its built in cabinetry and equally stunning views of the
property… a perfect place to work from home. Proceed to the open and airy kitchen where custom cabinetry and high-end appliances accented by fine granite counters and ceramic tile backsplash provide the ideal setting for the preparation of gourmet creations that can be easily enjoyed in the adjoining informal dining area, the adjacent spacious formal Dining Room or on the deck accessed through the large double French doors. Take two steps down to the Family Room featuring a rich looking built-in entertainment center, herringbone wood floors and a large gas-fired wood-burning fireplace. A conveniently located Powder Room, Laundry Room and Mud Room with additional storage and access to the garage complete the first level.
When its time to retire for the night, you’ll proceed up the center staircase to the second level where everyone will find their own personal retreat. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Bedroom Suite with its elegant gas fireplace, walkout “Juliet” balcony, expansive custom walk-in closet and spa-like en suite bath. Light streams through the many large windows in the adjacent sitting room where you can relax with a book beneath the unique cupola ceiling. Five additional bedrooms with hardwood floors and plenty of closet space along with 3 easily accessible full baths and plenty of additional storage space complete the second level.
A finished lower level provides plenty of recreational space for day and night fun. Get in a workout on a stationary bike in the exercise room, tee it up in the “golf room” and peruse your bottled favorites in the temperature controlled wine room. Additional areas provide plenty of flexibility and storage space to meet all your needs. And there’s more…The 2-tiered deck and sprawling, flat lawns adorned by a canopy of mature trees and plantings for privacy are ideally suited for outdoor entertaining…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbecue and room for all of your outdoor hobbies.
With its sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, world class shopping and restaurants, One Washington Avenue is the perfect place to call home.
- Entry foyer with carpeting over hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, 2 coat closets (one double deep) and chandelier
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, French doors to deck, wood burning fireplace with decorative mantel, recessed lighting
- Den with windows on three sides, gas fireplace with wood mantel and ceramic tile surround, radiant heated tile floor, recessed lighting, tray ceiling with ceiling fan, crown molding, Samsung heating/cooling unit, French doors to deck
- Office with crown molding, hardwood floors, French door, built-in cabinetry/shelving, Tiffany style light fixture and wainscoting
- Kitchen with custom white cabinets, granite countertops and backsplash, ceramic tile floors, Sterling 5 burner cooktop, Samsung refrigerator, double electric wall ovens, Kenmore dishwasher, separate breakfast area with bay window, recessed lighting, pantry, built-in desk and shelving, built in speakers and French doors to deck
- Family Room with herringbone wood floor, recessed lighting, built-in entertainment center with surround sound speakers, gas-fired wood burning brick fireplace with raised hearth and French doors to deck
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown molding and wainscoting, built-in speakers for sound system, chandelier and swinging door access to kitchen
- Powder Room with marble floor and pedestal sink
- Laundry room with tile floor, washer and dryer, built-in cabinet with sink
- Mud Room with ceramic tile, built-in storage, closet, back staircase to second level and access to 2-car garage
- Multi level deck with privacy screen and gas grill
- Hallway with carpeting over hardwood floor, decorative lighting, 2 linen closets, pull-down stairs to attic
- Master bedroom with cathedral ceiling and arched windows, Juliet balcony, large walk-in closet with window and custom built-ins, gas fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround, en suite bath with spa tub, double vanity with marble countertops, tile floors, recessed lighting, built in speakers towel warmer stall shower with marble floor and seat, heat lamp
- Master Suite Sitting Room featuring wood floors with decorative inlay, rotunda ceiling with ceiling fan, 5 walls of windows and built-in speakers
- Bedrooms 2-6 feature hardwood floors and generous closet space
- Jack n’ Jill bath shared by second and third bedrooms features tile floor and wainscoting, vanity with Corian top, soaking tub and stall shower, recessed lighting
- En Suite Bath in Bedroom 5 with floor to ceiling tile, vanity with Corian counter tops and tiled shower over tub and
- Hall bath with tile floor, sink and tiled shower over tub
- Recreation room with hardwood floor
- Exercise room with hardwood floor
- Golf room with indoor/outdoor carpeted floor and recessed lights
- Temperature controlled wine room
- Utility/Storage room with tile floor
- Large tiled floor work area with sinks, closets and stairs to garage
- Powder room with vanity/sink
- Driveway re-surfaced (2014)
- Front walkway (2014)
- 2 Zone gas forced air heat and central AC. Den has separate heat/AC unit
- Natural gas back-up generator for essential functions
- Sound system speakers in dining room, kitchen, family room, master sitting room and deck
- Professionally landscaped front and rear yard
- Security system with remote access
- 3 Sump pumps and French drains
- Water softener and filtration system leased
- Large storage room in back of garage
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.