101 Old Hollow Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- $3,230 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this open and airy, meticulously maintained 3 Bedroom, 2 ½ Bath ranch in the sought after Deerfield Section of Short Hills with proximity to New York City, easy access to Midtown Direct train service and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants at the Short Hills Mall and downtown Millburn. Sunny and bright, well-designed floor plan with amazing flow, enormous sun-drenched Living Room, easy access between indoors and outdoors with fabulous Sun Room, 2 fireplaces, stunning hardwood floors, updated Kitchen, roomy and bright Master Suite and painted in neutral tones throughout. 101 Old Hollow, an exceptional value located in one of Short Hill’s most coveted neighborhoods, simply cannot be missed!
Welcome to 101 Old Hollow Road! This immaculate, updated 3 Bedroom, 2 and ½ Bath Ranch, located in the sought after Deerfield section of Short Hills, hits all the right notes. Enjoy all this home has to offer with top notch schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct train and close to shopping and restaurants.
A handsome bluestone walkway with brick trim is the perfect introduction to this impeccable home. Step inside the welcoming front door to find the Entry Foyer featuring gleaming hardwood floors and generous Coat Closet. Enter the blissful, sun drenched Living Room with huge picture window, hardwood floors and a classic fireplace with lovely millwork and stone surround. Flow easily into the luminous formal Dining Room with charming chair rail perfect for hosting dinner parties with friends. Relax in the 3-season Sun Room that flows easily from inside. This tranquil and breezy space with flagstone flooring exudes relaxation and is well-suited for an al fresco dinner party or simply spending time with the kids. Just beyond the porch, enjoy complete privacy on the bluestone patio or in the meticulously landscaped flat yard. Gourmet meals are a snap in the picture perfect renovated Kitchen featuring updated wood cabinetry, granite countertops, island with butcher block top and bright and airy Breakfast Area.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk down the hallway to find 3 generously sized bedrooms gleaming with natural light. The Master Bedroom is spacious and well-designed with hardwood floors and 2 roomy closets. The renovated Master Bathroom is well appointed with crisp, white tile and pedestal sink. Bedrooms 2 and 3 feature hardwood floors, plenty of light and abundant closet space. Bedrooms 2 and 3 share the tastefully updated Hall Full Bath featuring a sizable wood vanity, decorative tile and decorative storage niches.
And there’s more! The Lower Level provides plenty of additional living space with a sizable Recreation Room/Children’s Playroom perfect for movie watching, billiards or arts and crafts. Laundry is a snap in the tiled Laundry Room with built-in cabinetry. The area outside the entrance to the 2 car garage has plenty of space to serve as a mudroom with cubbies. Finally, there is plenty of additional space with built in shelving and an extra bay in the garage for storage to ensure that not a thing will be out of place. A Powder Room rounds out the Lower Level.
With its incredible neighborhood, Blue Ribbon Schools, proximity to New York City and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 101 Old Hollow is an absolute must see.
Floor by Floor Details of 101 Old Hollow Road, Short Hills
- Entryway featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, pendant light fixture, double sized Coat Closet
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, fireplace with custom millwork and stone surround, large picture window
- Renovated Kitchen featuring chair rail, recessed lighting, tumbled tile flooring, tumbled tile backsplash, custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, island with butcher block countertop, Kenmore refrigerator, stainless steel Kenmore dishwasher, stainless steel Kitchen Aid oven/range, stainless steel Zephyr hood, GE stainless steel microwave, stainless steel sink, window with Roman shade, door to Sun Porch, door to Lower Level stairway
- Breakfast Area featuring tumbled tile flooring, pendant light fixture, chair rail, window with Roman shade
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, chair rail, chandelier, doorway to Sun Porch
- Sun Room featuring flagstone flooring, windows at 3 exposures, recessed lighting, bamboo shades, door to side yard, AC wall unit
- Hallway leading to bedrooms featuring hardwood floors, flush mount light fixtures, baseboard molding, crown molding, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount lighting, dual closets with double sliding doors, wood blinds
- Master Bedroom Bath featuring tile flooring, tile wainscoting throughout, pedestal sink, shower with sliding glass door, medicine cabinet, 2 light sconce, fan
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, closet with double sliding doors, wood blinds
- Bedroom 3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, closet with double sliding doors, wood blinds
- Full Hallway Bath featuring tumbled tile flooring, wood vanity with storage, 2 sconces, recessed light in shower, shower with tile, shower niches for storage, mounted cabinet over toilet, decorative mirror, bath/shower combination, wood blinds
- Carpeted staircase to Lower Level
- Lower Level Entry Space featuring carpeting, utilities, built in wire shelving, recessed lighting, flush mount lighting
- Recreation Room featuring fireplace with brick surround, carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Laundry Room featuring tile flooring, built in cabinetry, GE Washer and Dryer, utility sink, recessed lighting
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, pedestal sink, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, decorative mirror
- 2 car garage with electric doors (extra bay for storage)
- Bluestone patio
- Professional landscaping
- Heat/Forced Air
- Sump pump
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 2 | 1
- 4 | 1
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country, and with good reason. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and a short commute to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area; and whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods or farm fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. This concentration of artists helps shape Short Hills’s character. Short Hills began as a planned community when Stewart Hartshorn (who became wealthy from developing, perfecting and manufacturing the self-acting shade roller) purchased 13 acres of land in Millburn Township near the present-day Hobart Avenue, Parsonage Hill Road, and Chatham Road. Hartshorn's purpose was to create "a harmonious community for people who appreciated nature," and "where natural beauty would not be destroyed by real estate developments, and where people of congenial tastes could dwell together." He later increased his land holdings to 56 acres for himself and 1,552 acres for the whole village, with each plot not owned by Hartshorn being no larger than 1/2 acre. Hartshorn chose the name "Short Hills" because it reflected the topography of the region, and also because the local Lenape Native Americans used that same name to describe the region. One local resident suggested that he call his village "Hartshornville," but he definitively refused. Click here for more information about the Millburn/Short Hills Master Plan!
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
Short Hills Schools
Short Hills Commuting Info
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
Concerned About Your Reassessment? We’re Here To Help!READ MORE
5 Close-to-Home Ways to Say ‘I Love You’READ MORE
Tennis Anyone?READ MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC