Picture Perfect Chatham Boro Home on Sought-After StreetChatham
117 N Hillside Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 117 N Hillside Ave
- 2 full
New Listing for Sale! 117 N Hillside Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
A charming stone walkway, lush greenery and mature trees greet you as you approach this immaculate split-level home in sought after Chatham Boro. Step inside and immediately notice the recently refinished hardwood floors throughout the open living space that makes up the Living Room, Dining Room, and Kitchen. The sunlight pours into the spacious Living Room through three big windows, and through the new French doors in the Dining Room. This easy flowing floorplan will make entertaining and everyday living effortless.
Head upstairs and be greeted by three nicely sized bedrooms with recently refinished hardwood floors throughout the entire floor, with special details like crown molding, baseboard molding and custom closets. Beautiful sconce lighting gives glowing ambience in every room, making each bedroom a quiet sanctuary. Plus, you’ll never run out of space with all of the storage options throughout.
Take a few steps down to the lower level and utilize this flexible space as your home office, recreation room, playroom – this versatile space will work for all of your family’s needs. The chair rail, high ceilings and window display ledge give this room a high-end, updated feel, while the soft carpeting and built-in nook make it cozy and comfortable. Enjoy the convenience of access to a full bathroom and to the walkout backyard. Three closets mean ample storage, above grade windows give you tons of fresh air and light, and a Laundry Room right off the Recreation Room allows you to spend time with the kids while getting the housework done. As a bonus, there is a flexible space with large closet that is open to the Recreation Room, which can be utilized however works for you.
Located in Chatham Township, which boasts some of the top schools in New Jersey, easy access to several major highways and a direct train line to New York City – 117 North Hillside Avenue is the perfect place to call home – just move right in and enjoy!
Floor by Floor Details of 117 N Hillside Avenue, Chatham. NJ
- Living Room with hardwood floor, three windows, crown and baseboard molding, coat closet
- Kitchen with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, pantry closet, window with display ledge, granite countertop, GE Profile wine refrigerator, custom cabinets with glass display, Maytag stainless steel refrigerator, Bosch stainless dishwasher and microwave, Bosch stainless four range gas stove and oven with decorative glass backsplash
- Dining Room with hardwood floor, chandelier, French doors with access to the deck, crown and baseboard molding
- Upstairs Hallway with hardwood floor, crown and baseboard molding, two entrances into the attic, light fixture and linen closet with built-in shelving
- Hall Bathroom with marble mosaic tile floor, window, marble topped sink with storage below, vanity with storage, mirror with two wall sconces, shower over tub with subway tiling and recessed lighting
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floor, two windows, crown and baseboard molding, built-in shelving unit in the wall, two closets and ceiling fan with light
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floor, three windows, baseboard molding, double closet, ceiling fan with light
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floor, two windows with custom shade, crown and baseboard molding, custom closet with shelving and light fixture
- Family Room with carpet, two windows with custom shade, chair rail, built-in nook with shelving, recessed lighting and wall light fixture
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, door access to patio and backyard, utility closet, linen closet with built-in shelving and light fixture
- Rear Bathroom with ceramic tile floor, one window, stall shower with glass door, vanity light fixture over mirror and linen closet with shelving
- One car garage with automatic opener and storage options
- Basement with carpet, above grade windows, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, two utility closets with adjacent Bonus Room with double sliding closet doors with shelving
- Laundry Room with above grade window, utility sink and hook-ups for both gas or electric appliances
- Kitchen sink, faucet and garbage disposal (2016)
- Ground Level Bathroom renovated (2015)
- Hardwood floors refinished and restained on first and second floors (2012)
- Moldings throughout (2012)
- Living Room window (2012)
- Custom closet shelving (2012)
- Sump pump (2011)
- Dining Room French Door (2010)
- Patio Paver stones
- Attic and 1-car Garage with industrial grade insulation
- 1 Zone heating and Central A/C
- Professional landscaping
- 3-car Driveway
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.