131 Highland Ave, Chatham Township, NJ 07928Chatham Twp.
131 Highland Ave, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 131 Highland Avenue
- Chatham Twp.
New listing for Sale! 131 Highland Ave, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
Call Laurie Silver-Corsello for more information 973-936-9129
Like new 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath Caplan built center hall colonial with numerous upgrades and spectacular 3-tiered backyard. Spacious front to back entry, oversized gourmet kitchen with updated appliances open to dining area and dramatic glass enclosed sitting area highlighted by fireplace and butler’s pantry. Large Family Room with brick wall fireplace, French doors lead to Living Room with full wall custom built-in cabinetry. Master Bedroom Suite with renovated dressing area and luxurious bath. Expansive lower level Recreation Room with wet bar and access to private fenced in backyard with pool, hot tub, stone patio with fire pit and newly sodded lawn. Don’t miss this spectacular private oasis in sought after Chatham Township neighborhood!
A short walk along a winding brick paver pathway and through an elegant wooden door with leaded glass sidelights leads you into this spectacular residence’s front to back Entry Foyer, a welcoming point of entry that displays your first glimpse of all this home has to offer. Spacious rooms, unique finishings and numerous upgraded amenities assure your ultimate satisfaction with this “like new” 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath gem. Newly refinished warm hued hardwood floors guide you into the many inviting living spaces found throughout the home.
Proceed through a broad archway to the left of the foyer into the Family Room where a distinctive brick wall surrounds a large fireplace with wooden mantel that is sure to be the focal point when family and friends gather for conversation in this inviting room. On the opposite side of the foyer, French doors open to a cozy Living Room with built-in custom cabinetry. Picture the room with all your prized collectibles on display on lighted shelves that frame your favorite reclining chair or even the family piano. Just around the bend is a light filled Home Office/Guest Room/Den that’s ideal for use as you see fit…it’s the perfect place to finish up daily paperwork, for use as a private retreat for visitors to your home or even as a comfortable space for watching a movie at the end of the day.
Back through the foyer you’ll find the formal Dining Room with a large picture window overlooking the lush backyard. It’s the ideal setting for holiday celebrations and intimate dinner parties alike and is conveniently located next to the oversized gourmet kitchen. This impressive space is a cook’s dream with high end appliances framed by fine custom cabinetry, granite countertops and a striking brick backsplash. An oversized center island is open to a spacious dining area as well as a dramatic glass enclosed sitting area highlighted by a charming brick fronted gas fireplace as well as a fully outfitted Butler’s Pantry with access to the pool and patio spaces just outside. A conveniently located Powder Room and fully equipped Laundry Room complete the first level living space.
When its time to retire at the end of the evening you’ll proceed up the attractive curved staircase leading up to the second level where a gallery hallway guides you to the master bedroom suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite that’s featuring hardwood floors and plenty of closet space. Behind a decorative sliding door you’ll find an impeccably designed dressing area boasting even more storage space in a full wall of custom built-ins. Step through another doorway into an en-suite, spa-like Master Bath with tiled floor, a double vanity with innovative manufactured concrete sink and a walk-in shower with luxurious rain showerhead and additional wall jets. You’ll find plenty of flexibility as you continue through the hallway to find ample room for family and guests in three bedrooms, all with newly refinished hardwood floors and plenty of closet space.
And there’s more…the lower level is home to a spacious Media Room with three distinct areas for casual entertaining, relaxation and family play time. Watch your favorite sporting event on the enormous 78” TV situated in an attractive built-in entertainment center, enjoy a cocktail at the adjacent fully equipped wet bar, indulge in your favorite video games or foosball. This multipurpose space has so much to offer including access through sliding doors to a
one-of-a-kind backyard setting. This 3-tiered outdoor oasis is an entertainer’s dream…take a swim in the private salt water pool, dunk in the jetted hot tub, enjoy views of colorful flowers and specimen trees in the garden bordering the stone patio, gather round the gas fire pit on a cold night, indulge al fresco in delectable creations prepared on the professional barbecue…all in this jaw-dropping lush setting!
With its sophisticated “like new” style, luxury modern amenities and one-of-a-kind backyard combined with close proximity to NYC transportation, world-class shopping, fine restaurants and a top ranked school district, 131 Highland Avenue is a truly special place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 131 Highland Avenue, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with front to back views, hardwood floors, 2 coat closets, light fixture, decorative sconce; access to open curved staircase with chandelier and skylight above, broad archway to Family Room, French doors to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, full brick wall framing fireplace with wood mantel and brick hearth, 46” Samsung smart TV, large picture window, recessed spot lighting, doorway to Kitchen
- Living Room with French door entry, hardwood floors, crown molding, custom built-in wall unit with cabinets, display shelving and accent lighting, 2 windows with front yard views, 2 sconces
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, large picture window with window treatments, chandelier, grass cloth wallpaper; access to Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry, granite countertops, brick backsplash, ceramic tile floor, recessed lighting, high end stainless steel appliances including Frigidaire 4- burner gas range (convertible to indoor grill), Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid microwave, oversized granite topped center island with breakfast bar, storage cabinets, stainless steel double sink with disposal, water filter and 2 chrome pendant lights above, built-in granite topped desk with cabinets above and drawers below, buffet serving counter, full wall of pantry cabinets, open to adjacent dining area with chrome chandelier and spacious sitting area with brick fronted gas fireplace/heater with remote control, built-in Samsung TV, raised ceiling, full windowed wall overlooking backyard; open to Butler’s Pantry
- Butler’s Pantry with custom cabinetry, granite counters, 2 built-in Marvel wine/beverage coolers and side door to backyard
- Office/Den with hardwood floors, 2 windows, crown molding, wall mounted TV bracket
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Formica top, cabinets below and decorative mirror above, 2 sconces, window and crown molding
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, Bosch front-loading washer and dryer, stainless steel utility sink, wire shelving and doorway to garage
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, chandelier, 2 wall sconces and linen closet with shelving
- Master Bedroom Suite with sliding door entry, hardwood floors, 2 double door closets with shelving, 3 windows with plantation shutters, dressing area with sliding door entry, custom built-in cabinetry with “soft close” drawers, ceramic tile floor and walls, fully renovated en suite bath featuring ceramic tile floor, custom built vanity with unique manufactured concrete sink with framed mirror above and storage below, recessed lighting, built-in mirrored medicine chest, walk-in shower with glass door, ceramic tile floor and walls, 2 showerheads with additional wall jets, separate commode with tile floor and window with plantation shutter
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, large window, light fixture, walk-in closet with shelving, decorative oval window with window seat below
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, light fixture, closet and 2 windows
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, walk-in closet, additional closet with shelving, light fixture and 2 windows
- Full Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor and walls vanity with 2 sinks and framed mirror above, separate dressing/vanity area with 2 closets, Corian counter, raised ceiling with skylight, additional space with commode and shower over tub with built-in corner shelves
- Media Room with engineered hardwood floor, recessed lighting, 3 separate seating areas including a custom built-in with 78” Samsung surround sound TV, storage cabinets and display shelving, gaming center with foosball table and wall mounted Samsung TV, additional seating area with sliding door walk-out access to backyard, wet bar with honed granite counter top, built-in Marvel mini refrigerator, bar sink and 2 sconces
- Unfinished Utility/Storage room
- Caplan built brick front center hall Colonial
- Professionally landscaped property with brick paver walkways and 3-tiered backyard (installed 2011) with magnificent fully fenced in heated salt water pool and hot tub, stone patio featuring iron railings, built-in Lynx Professional gas barbeque with extra 2-burner cook top and built-in lighting, circular gas fire pit, built-in planter/flower boxes, lush flat lawn, Sonos sound system and exterior lighting
- Gas forced air heat and central air
- Oversized 2-car garage with electric door and storage alcove with shelving (flooring painted 2016)
- Interior painting throughout home (2016)
- Hallway Bathroom ceramic floor and walls re-glazed (2016)
- Master Bath/Dressing area complete renovation (2014)
- New roof installed (2013)
- Hardwood floors throughout home refinished (2013)
- New Pella windows installed throughout home (2013)
- French drains and 2 sump pumps installed (2010)
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.