135 Sunset Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 3 full, 1 half
- $3,589 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
For Sale: $999,000 | For Rent: $5,500 per month
Lovingly maintained, classic center-hall colonial with spacious rooms nestled on a quiet tree-lined cul-de-sac. With slightly under a half acre, 135 Sunset Road offers a sizable living area and plenty of space for growing families. An open airy feel with large windows and custom finishing touches, including moldings and built-ins, punctuate the main floor. An updated kitchen with granite counter tops, custom cabinets and stainless steel appliances, opens to a large deck overlooking a private, park-like backyard. Three large bedrooms and a master bedroom en suite complete the living area on the second floor. A finished lower level features a home office, game room, bedroom, full bath and plenty of additional space to create your ideal recreation room. Set back on an expansive property, gardeners and entertainers alike will enjoy this private setting. Don’t miss this opportunity in the heart Chatham Township!
Room by Room Details of 135 Sunset Road Chatham Township
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, solid wood front door with leaded glass transom and ¾ lite sidelites, 2 coat closets, pendant decorative light, stair case with custom runner, opening to Dining Room, opening to Living Room, Hallway to Family Room and doorway to Lower Level
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, one double hung window, crown and baseboard molding, built in floor to ceiling dark wood china cabinet, swinging door to Kitchen
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, pivoted recessed lighting, baseboard and crown molding, wood burning fireplace with decorative panel molding and dentil mantle shelf, four large double hung windows
- Family Room with carpeting, recessed lighting, double hung windows, built in floor to ceiling wood cabinets, floor to ceiling brick wood burning fireplace with crown molding mantle, painted knotty pine walls, wood beam ceilings, door to outside porch
- Hallway featuring hardwood floor to Kitchen, Half Bathroom and Food Pantry with adjustable shelves off of Family Room
- Half Bath featuring wood vanity countertop with Corian countertop, American Standard sink and toilet, 2 wall sconces, ceramic tile, double hung window
- Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, swing door to Dining Room, breakfast area with decorative chandelier and sliding French Doors to the outside deck, center island with custom wood storage cabinets and granite countertop, stainless steel appliances including: Kenmore 35” french door refrigerator, Maytag Gemini double oven with 4 gas burners, GE Profile spacemaker over the range microwave, Frigidaire dishwasher, double sink, granite countertop with custom wood cabinets, corner glass window cabinet, casement window, door to Mudroom/Laundry Room
- Mudroom/Laundry room with tile flooring, General Electric top load washer and dryer, built in adjustable shelving, coat closet, exterior door to drive way and door to garage
- Stairway with decorative lighting with access to 2nd floor carpeted landing, double door linen closet, access to all Bedrooms and Full Bathroom
- Bedroom #1 with hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, 3 side by side windows with custom wood valance and blinds, closet with shelving, ceiling fan with light.
- Bedroom #2 with carpeting, 2 windows, baseboard and crown molding, built in wall to wall storage shelving
- Bedroom #3 with carpeting, 2 windows, baseboard and crown molding, sliding double door closet with shelving, door to attic
- Full Bathroom with tile floor, double American Standard sinks, built in vanity with storage, recessed lights, frameless wall mounted mirror, open to separate room with Toto toilet, sliding framed beveled glass tub/shower door with tile surround, window
- Master Bedroom Suite with carpeting, ceiling fan with light, 2 windows, 2 walk in closet with shelving, open to en suite bathroom with walk in closet/dressing room, double sliding mirror doors to linen closet with shelves, flush mount light, open to room with ceramic tile, window, sliding glass framed doors with tile surround, double sink with corian countertop and built in wood vanity, silver decorated framed mirror
- Carpeted stairway to lower level landing with two storage closets, flush lighting, opening to Game Room, Recreation Room and Full Bath (American Standard toilet, tile floor, built in vanity with sink, vanity light, wall mounted mirror and medicine cabinet, sliding framed beveled glass shower with tile surround)
- Game Room/Office with carpeting, recessed lighting, door to backyard, built in shelving and cabinets, built in desk, exposed wood ceiling
- Recreation Room with carpet and tile flooring, built in storage units, 3 side by side windows, recessed lighting open to exercise room/recreation room/au pair (with carpet recessed light and exposed wood ceiling), two addition rooms (one tiled with walk out door to backyard, the other unfinished floor with workbench and built in in shelving for tools)
- 2 car extra large garage with automatic door, 4 windows, built in work area and bench, custom shelving, stairs to pull down storage attic
- Large mahogany deck
- 2 blue stone walkways to Front and Side Doors
- Lower Level Height?
- ADT security system with glass breakers and motion sensors
- Water Filtration System
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
2017 Chatham New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC