14 Glenbrook Dr, Mendham, NJ 07945
- 3 full, 2 half
- $4,437 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Magnificent private retreat on 5+ acre wooded lot backing to 500+ acres of protected land in Mendham Township. Custom home with open floor plan featuring MUST SEE 4-room Master Bedroom Suite with solarium, 3-season room with spa tub, sitting room and travertine en-suite bath. Floor to ceiling windows bring natural light to large Living and Dining Rooms. Fully updated gourmet Kitchen with adjacent Breakfast Room opens to large Family Room with wood burning fireplace. 3-story Home Office/Guest Suite with separate entrance. Professionally landscaped property features 2000 square foot paver patio with full outdoor Kitchen including gas grill, refrigerator, storage &built in wood burning fire pit. Lower level has Home Gym and Recreation Room with full-length wet bar. Abundant storage, top-notch schools and minutes to town and close proximity to Morristown Train station!
Welcome to 14 Glenbrook Drive, an alluring retreat nestled on 5+ wooded acres backing up to 500+ acres of protected land. This custom designed home boasts an open floor plan, numerous custom touches, upgraded amenities and the ultimate in privacy!
A short drive through the charming town of Mendham and then past rolling hills adorned with lush greenery brings you to this truly special home. Upon arrival, you’ll pass through a striking custom designed arched entry into the Entry Foyer where fine Brazilian cherry floors lead you to your first glimpse of the open and airy rooms found throughout the residence. Step straight ahead to the Living Room where floor to ceiling windows provide exquisite views of the backyard patio and beyond. Open to the left is the light filled Dining Room, also with floor to ceiling windows. What a fabulous environment to enjoy gourmet meals created in the neighboring chef’s dream kitchen. This updated space is complete with custom cherry cabinetry and high-end appliances set in striking granite counter tops. Enjoy the convenient wet bar area, the walk-in pantry equipped with abundant shelving and a 3rd oven that will really come in handy when entertaining. A granite topped Breakfast Bar is adjacent to the sun filled Breakfast Room and Family Room combo where a full wall custom built-in surrounds a striking wood-burning fireplace that takes center stage when family and friends gather here.
At the end of the day, everyone will find their own private retreat in one of 5 spacious bedrooms found in the home. The Master Bedroom Suite dazzles with amenities worthy of any 5-star hotel. Unwind in your choice of unique settings found in the well-appointed suite…read a book snuggled in your favorite chair in the elegant Sitting Room, bask in the warmth from the sun shining into the multi-windowed Solarium complete with wet bar, or step into the heated hot tub found in the Terra cotta tiled 3-Season Room – all just steps away from the serene bedroom boasting its own gas fireplace, dual walk-in closets and luxurious en suite bath featuring custom vanity with double sinks and a dedicated make-up counter, a glass enclosed shower with multiple shower heads and a large spa tub set in a travertine and granite tile surround. With all it has to offer, you’ll never want to leave this fabulous suite! Four additional bedrooms and a full hall bath on the second level assure family and guests will also enjoy comfort and privacy in their own personal space.
And there’s more…an impressive array of options for your free time abound here. The finished lower level is home to an inviting Recreation Room outfitted with a full-length sit-down bar, a fully equipped Exercise Room, a conveniently located Laundry Room and Full Bath. But that’s’ not all…the serene setting outside beckons…it’s the “piece de resistance” of this wonderful home. Here, a large paver patio sits comfortable below a canopy of mature trees and provides your opportunity to fully enjoy the natural wooded setting. Picture the space set with multiple tables and chairs as you enjoy cocktails al fresco while appetizing smells waft from the elaborate built-in outdoor kitchen. When there’s a chill in the air, gather round the wood-burning fire pit for further outdoor pleasure.
And when it’s time for work, you need go no further than the three-story home office that’s located just steps from the home’s main living areas. Completely outfitted with desk stations, file drawers, a conference room, even a Powder Room – this unique workspace provides the ultimate in convenience…and options for alternate use! The flexible space can easily be converted to an In-Law Suite, Play Room and so much more…it’s up to you to use as you see fit!
Upon viewing, you’ll undoubtedly see that 14 Glenbrook Drive provides a truly unique living experience – it’s private natural setting combined with the ultimate in modern amenities and easy access to nearby town and Midtown Direct train line, shopping and top notch schools make this property the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 14 Glenbrook Drive, Mendham
- Custom designed contemporary front entry door
- Entry Foyer with Brazilian cherry floors, custom wood door with etched glass insets, light fixture, walk-in coat closet; open to Living Room, Dining Room, wood staircase to second level and rear hallway with Powder Room
- Living Room with Brazilian cherry floors, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers, large closet with shelving, full glass wall with patio and backyard views; glass door leads to patio, open to Dining Room
- Dining Room with Brazilian cherry floors, recessed lighting, art spot lights, built-in ceiling speakers, chandelier, full windowed wall with backyard views; archway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry, granite counters, stone tile backsplash with decorative insets, under-cabinet lighting, high end appliances including Frigidaire 5-burner cooktop, warming drawer with integrated cabinetry panel, Samsung stainless steel refrigerator/freezer, Maytag double wall oven, Samsung stainless steel dishwasher, GE Profile built-in microwave, stainless steel sink, center island with stainless prep sink with instant hot and water filter, granite top, built-in GE Profile wine refrigerator and additional wine storage rack, large pendant light above, granite topped breakfast bar shared with Family Room; access to large pantry closet with shelving and 3rd oven; open to Family Room, access to garage and lower level
- Family Room with full wall custom cherry entertainment center with cabinets, glass display shelves, wall mounted TV above wood-burning fireplace with granite surround and wood storage enclosure, built-in ceiling speakers, dining area with large picture windows and doorway to patio
- Powder Room with Brazilian cherry floors, furniture style vanity with marble top, framed mirror above and storage below, recessed lighting, window with window treatments, 2 large sconces
First Level North Wing
- Master Bedroom Suite
- Sitting Room with Brazilian cherry floors, 2 windows with treatments, ceiling fan with light; access to Master Bedroom, en suite bath (access to 2 large walk-in closets with shelving)
- Master Bedroom with Brazilian cherry floors, ceiling fan with light built-in ceiling speakers, recessed lighting, gas fireplace, Panasonic wall mounted TV; access to en suite bath, sliding door to Solarium and doorway to Hot Tub/Spa Room
- En Suite Bath featuring marble tile floor, His & Hers vanities with granite counters and glass bowl sinks, storage cabinets above and below, make-up counter, framed mirrors above vanity, tile backsplash, glass enclosed walk-in shower with travertine tiled walls and rain shower and hand held shower heads, corner Jason jetted tub with granite surround, tile backsplash and recessed lights above, heated towel rack, large window with backyard views
- Solarium with ceramic tile floor, angled ceiling with 2 skylights, supplemental heating unit, track lighting, floor to ceiling windows with 2 exposures, screens for all windows, wet bar with stone top, stainless utility sink and cabinet storage below; doorway to Hot Tub/Spa Room, doorway to Master Bedroom and doorway to patio
- Hot Tub/Spa Room with ceramic tile floor, large spa tub, raised ceiling, ceiling fan with light, 2 remote controlled skylights, track lighting, supplemental heating, windows on 3 sides, mini refrigerator
- Home Office Suite
- Main Level Office with separate frosted glass door entrance, Brazilian cherry floors, full wall built-in unit with large file drawers and shelving space, 3 remote control operated skylights, track lighting; spiral staircase to Loft area
- Loft with 2 built-in work stations with full wall of cabinets, ceiling fan, 2 windows, track lighting, carpet; overlooks Main Level
- Lower Level Conference Room with hardwood floors, 6 grade level windows, storage closet, fluorescent lighting, wall mounted TV, sump pump and French drains, cabinet with built-in Avanti mini-refrigerator; access to Powder Room
- Powder Room (can be converted to full bath) with tile floor, Corian topped vanity with storage cabinet below and mirror above, recessed light
- Gallery Landing with Brazilian cherry floors, large picture window, angled ceiling, chandelier
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, ceiling fan with light, 2 double door closets, large window overlooking patio
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, 2 windows (one overlooking patio), ceiling fan with light, walk-in closet
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, light fixture, 2 windows, walk-in closet (accessible via pull down steps to one of the two attics)
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, angled ceiling, window, light fixture, double bi-fold door closet, door to walk-in attic storage
- Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor, 2 pedestal sinks with mirrors above, bead board wainscoting, shower over tub with tiled walls, 2 windows with treatments, light fixture and recessed lighting
- Recreation with cherry laminate floors, recessed lights, stained glass pendant light, full-length sit down wet bar with granite counter, stainless steel prep sink, built-in glass shelving, additional shelving and wine refrigerator under bar, Sharp wall mount TV; access to Utility Room, Laundry Room and Home Gym
- Laundry Room with tile floor, fluorescent light, Kenmore washer and dryer, supplemental refrigerator/freezer, bi-fold doors to storage closet with utility sink
- Exercise Room with French door entry, rubber tile floor, fully mirrored walls, 2 grade level window, recessed lights, wall mount Insignia TV, remote controlled windows
- Full Bath with stall shower with tiled walls, pedestal sink with mirror above, recessed light
- 2-car garage with Liftmaster electric doors with battery back-up, side door and 2 large walk-in closets
- Professionally landscaped property on 5+ wooded acres backing 500 acres of protected land. Property features expansive 2,000 square foot paver patio with summer kitchen equipped with granite topped breakfast bar, built-in Prestige barbeque and beverage refrigerator and two sets of build in storage drawers (3 drawers on each side of grill) set in stone surround, built-in wood burning fire pit, gas heater lamp, exterior lighting with automatic timers (installed 2012)
- Hand laid Brazilian cherry hardwood floors throughout
- New 75-gallon hot water heater installed (2016
- New dishwasher installed (2017)
- New washer/dryer installed (2016
- New roof installed (2015)
- 3-Zone heat/AC with new Office heat zone installed (2016)
- Full Kitchen update (2006)
- Easy Breathe air purification system in lower level
About MendhamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Mendham is truly a special location. Mendham is situated in the southern part of Morris County a few miles from the hustle and bustle of Morristown and about an hour train ride from New York City. Brookside, Ralston and Roxiticus are sections within this picturesque township, where winding roads, large estates, and historic landmarks give it a unique charm all of its own. Mendham is comprised of a township and a borough, Mendham Borough is the smaller part of the town. The township was founded in 1749 and measures about 18 square miles, the borough was later created from a six square mile portion of the township in 1906.
Mendham School Information
Mendham’s highly-rated public schools include two elementary schools for children grades kindergarten through grade four. Middle school students in grades five through eight go to either Mountain View Middle School or Mendham Township Middle School.
High school students attend West Morris Mendham High School, where they can participate in one of the few International Baccalaureate programs in the state. Known for its academic excellence, the high school was ranked #4 in the state by New Jersey Monthly magazine. The school district also offers a full array of child services to make sure each child gets the very best eduction.
Mendham Commuting Info
Mendham is a very commuter friendly town. Located just minutes from the Morristown train station, NYC commuters are often found riding the Midtown Direct train line to and from work. A train schedule for the Morristown train station can be found here. Mendham is also conveniently located close to Routs 78, 80 and 287 which makes commuting by car a breeze.
Mendham BLOG POSTS
Weekly Winter Famers Market in Morris CountyREAD MORE
New Listing for Sale: 77 W Main St, Mendham NJ 07945READ MORE
“Walking in a Winter Wonderland” with the Frelinghuysen ArboretumREAD MORE
- 51 Minutes to NYC (Madison)