141 Oak Ridge Ave, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
141 Oak Ridge Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
- 141 Oak Ridge Ave
- 4 full, 1 half
Listing for Sale! 141 Oak Ridge Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
New Price: $1,399,000
Move right into this gorgeously maintained and renovated 5 Bedroom, 4 ½ Bath European-style home on prestigious Oak Ridge Avenue in the sought after Brayton School District with proximity to NYC, easy access to Midtown Direct Train & convenience to fantastic shopping & restaurants in downtown Summit. Situated elegantly on a perfectly landscaped lot with the ultimate in privacy & stunning views, this home is move-in ready! Beautiful architectural details & updates include floor to ceiling arched windows, stunning renovated Chef’s Kitchen and Butler’s Pantry, Master Bedroom Suite with Dressing Room & renovated Master Bath, spacious & sunny Family Room & stunning outdoor entertaining spaces with exquisite Bluestone Patio and Brick Terraces. 141 Oak Ridge, located in a coveted neighborhood, this one cannot be missed!
NOTE: Taxes have been reduced but not yet reflected in tax record – please call for addtl information
Welcome to 141 Oak Ridge Avenue, located on one of Summit’s most prestigious streets with outstanding views of Watchung Reservation, this timeless 5 Bedroom, 4 and ½ Bath European-Style Manor home in the sought after Brayton School District has it all with close proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct train, excellent restaurants, shopping and all Summit has to offer.
Drive up the prestigious tree-lined street and take in the timeless elegance of this home. With its exquisite stucco exterior with Beaux Art detailing, elaborate rows of arched windows and ceramic tiled roof, this is truly one of Summit’s most unique homes. Stroll up the brick walkway with meticulously manicured landscaping to the impressive Front Door flanked by bluestone staircase and period lanterns. Enter an elegant marble floored Vestibule that takes you through French doors into into the sun-drenched Living Room complete with high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows with elegant arches above and refined fireplace with decorative carved wood mantle. Flow easily through beautiful French doors into the bright and spacious Family room complete with French doors at 3 exposures and custom built-in media center. The lushly landscaped backyard, with multiple herringbone brick terraces, brickwork staircase and a secluded Bluestone Patio, is easily accessed from the Family Room and is the perfect place for al fresco dining or spending time with family and friends. Dinner parties are divine in the Formal Dining Room as you sit by the fireplace under the stately tray ceiling while looking out the gorgeous picture window. The Dining Room flows seamlessly into the exquisitely renovated Chef’s Kitchen featuring chic grey cabinetry, fabulous Caesarstone countertops, stainless steel appliances and adjacent Butler’s Pantry with built-in desk area and charming glass cabinets for china display. A generous Mud Room off of the Kitchen provides ample storage and ensures everything will be in its place. A pretty Powder Room with arched window rounds out the First Level.
Ready to retire for the evening? An elegant hall, complete with board and batten Paneling, leads you to the graceful staircase with its own arched French doors out to a juliet balcony. The staircase leads to a graceful 2nd floor Landing with 2 large linen closets with floor to ceiling shelving. The bright and sunny Master Bedroom Suite is truly a private oasis with a cozy fireplace, His and Her walk-in closets and a light-filled Sitting Room/Office complete with custom built-in desks. Getting ready for the evening is pure bliss in the Dressing Room with built-in window seat and custom vanity and closets. The Renovated Master Bathroom is sure to impress with a built-in soaking tub enclosed in an intimate nook, oversized shower and marble-topped double vanity with Waterworks fixtures. Two additional generously sized bedrooms share the renovated Hallway Bathroom complete with geometric floor tile pattern and pedestal sink. The 3rd floor boasts three additional bedrooms, two of which are flexibly being used as an Office and Den, plenty of closets and storage space and a renovated Full Bathroom complete with custom built-in vanity and attractive tile throughout.
And that’s not all! The Lower Level, renovated in 2015, has all new epoxy flooring, pristine Laundry Room with built-in cabinetry, Recreation Room/Playroom, multiple storage spaces and tasteful Full Bathroom.
With its proximity to New York City, easy access to Midtown Direct train service, sought after school district and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants in downtown Summit, you will undoubtedly want to call 141 Oak Ridge Avenue home.
Floor by Floor details of 141 Oak Ridge Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
- Glass front entry double doors into vestibule featuring French doors into Living Room, marble floor, antique gold leaf lantern, crown and baseboard molding
- Large coat closet
- Living Room featuring 3 floor to ceiling windows with true arches above, fireplace with detailed carved mantle and tile surround, French door with arch above to Family Room, hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, antique sconces
- Family Room featuring 5 sets of French doors with true divided lights at 3 exposures, built-in media center with display shelving above, double French doors to formal Dining Room, French doors out to bluestone terrace, French doors out to brick terrace, carpeting, crown and baseboard molding, sconces
- Formal Dining Room featuring window seat with storage, picture window above window seat, fireplace with stone surround and carved wood mantle, wainscoting with shadow boxes, tray ceiling with Greek key molding, hardwood floors, chandelier with drum shade, swinging door into Kitchen
- Butler’s Pantry featuring custom cabinetry with glass door upper cabinets, wood countertops, tile backsplash, built-in desk area with bookshelf and bulletin board, hardwood floors, recessed lighting
- Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry, cabinetry with glass front upper cabinets, Caesarstone countertops, tile backsplash, island with storage, recessed lighting, pot rack, stainless steel Kitchen Aid Refrigerator, stainless steel Kitchen Aid Dishwasher, stainless steel Jenn-Air Stove and Range, hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding built-in pantry with floor to ceiling shelving, stainless steel sink, French Door into Mudroom
- Mud Room featuring bench with storage and wall storage, tile floor
- French rear entry door with keyless entry
- Hallway with board and batten paneling, staircase, antique sconce, landing with French doors with true arch out to Juliet balcony
- Powder Room featuring built-in corner sink, tile flooring, arched window
- 2nd Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, antique chandelier
- 2 Linen closets with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring His and Her Walk-In-Closets (1 for hanging storage, 1 with built in drawers and custom adjustable shelving), sconces, double French doors to Sitting Room/Office, fireplace with decorative wood mantle and tile surround, carpeting, crown and baseboard molding, wood shutters
- Sitting Room/Office featuring custom built-in desks, built-in drawers and shelving, casement windows at 2 exposures, wood blinds, light fixture with double ceiling fan, carpeting
- Dressing Room featuring custom built-in vanity with storage and lighting, built-in custom closets, window seat with built-in storage, crown and baseboard molding, carpeting, recessed lighting, sconces, 2 windows
- Master Bathroom featuring custom double vanity with marble countertop, Waterworks fixtures, built-in linen closet with floor to ceiling shelving, oversized shower with tile surround, built-in Jacuzzi tub with gooseneck fixture, geometric tile floor, recessed lighting, wood shutters
- Bedroom #2 featuring custom built-in desk with storage and shelving, 2 large windows, closet with custom adjustable shelving, carpeting, baseboard and crown molding, wood blinds
- Bedroom #3 featuring 3 large windows, large closet, carpeting, baseboard and crown molding, wood blinds
- Hallway Bath featuring geometric tile floor, tub/shower combination with tile surround, glass shower door, pedestal sink, glass shelf over sink, sconce above sink, pivot mirror
- Carpeted stairway with wood railing to third floor
- Eave storage
- Landing and hallway featuring linen closet with floor to ceiling shelving, cedar closet, carpeting, baseboard molding, skylight, 2 sconces, chandelier
- Bedroom #4 (currently used as a Recreation Room) featuring arched ceiling, carpeting, built-in armoire, eave storage, double hung and casement windows
- Bedroom #5 featuring built-in armoire, wood blinds, sconce, carpeting, baseboard molding
- Office featuring arched ceiling, 3 double hung windows, carpeting, closet, baseboard molding
- Full Bathroom featuring geometric tile floor, tub/shower combination with tile surround, original recessed medicine cabinet, custom built-in vanity with storage, Corian countertop, double sconce
- New epoxy flooring throughout (2016)
- Large Laundry Room featuring built-in cabinetry, Bosch high efficiency washer and dryer, built-in ironing board, Whirlpool refrigerator, utility closets
- Under stair storage closet
- Storage Room featuring wall of utility shelving, oversized double door closets with floor to ceiling shelving, recessed lighting, Frigidaire Freezer
- Full Bathroom featuring vanity with storage, shower with tile surround, floor tile, sconce over mirror
- 3 additional utility closets
- Recreation Room featuring exposed brick, recessed lighting, carpeting, storage closet, window
- Exterior door to Backyard
- Fully fenced in yard including lattice topped fence
- 2 tiered brick patio and terrace with herringbone brickwork, brick staircase connecting patio and terrace, railing on terrace
- Half moon bluestone patio
- Flat Backyard
- Landscape Lighting by Vernon Daniel Associates
- Outdoor speakers
- Extensive landscaping and manicured gardens
- Detached 2 car garage with electric doors, built-in GarageTek Storage, door to Backyard
- Designed in 1910 by accomplished architect Perry R. MacNeille
- .35 Acres
- Kitchen countertops, appliances and hardware (2013-14)
- Gas generator connection
- AC/Heat, Forced Air, 2 Zones
- 2 water heaters
- Phone system with integrated intercom and doorbell
- Invisible fence
Visit The Community
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.