16 Mount Ararat Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
16 Mount Ararat Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 16 Mount Ararat Rd
- Short Hills
Listing for Sale! 16 Mount Ararat Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-936-9129!
This sunny 4 bedroom, 3 bath updated home on a dead end street is a great value at an entry level price! It features two driveways with two separate garages, on detached and one attached, boasting space for 3 cars, generously sized rooms, gleaming hardwood floors and numerous upgrades. Living Room and Dining Room with arched entries and hardwood floors, updated Kitchen with granite countertops, Guest Bedroom and adjacent Sun Room. Finished lower level with large Recreation Room, Family Room with fireplace, Laundry Room and Full Bath. Flat fenced in yard with plenty of room for outdoor play and hobbies. Don’t miss this ideal opportunity to become a part of a community with sought after Blue Ribbon schools and direct train to NYC!
Welcome to 16 Mount Ararat Road, a charming four bedroom, three bath custom cape cod that’s a perfect entry to a highly desirable community. Upon arrival you will proceed up the grand brick steps, through an attractive wooden door with glass accents and into a welcoming Entry Foyer that provides your first glimpse of all the home has to offer. Proceed through a curved archway to the left where you’ll find a spacious Living Room featuring gleaming hardwood floors, large picture window and a striking fireplace with a full stone wall surround. It’s sure to be the focal point as family and friends gather for fun times. Through another archway on the opposite side of the Foyer you’ll find an elegant Dining Room adorned with hardwood floors and large windows. Here, your guests will enjoy gourmet creations prepared in the adjacent Kitchen that’s been updated with rich looking granite countertops and attractive custom cabinetry. Sit down here for a casual meal or your morning coffee. From here, you can continue on through a side door with access to the Mud Room equipped with plenty of storage space and sliding doors leading to the picturesque backyard. Enjoy the lush greenery and beautiful brick paver and stone patios that are ideal for al fresco cooking and dining. A crisp white fence provides the ultimate in privacy while a flat lawn surrounded by an impressive stone retaining wall is the perfect place for all your outdoor hobbies and recreation. An additional 2-car detached garage provides plenty of space to meet all your needs. Return back inside through a glass paned door to a light filled Sun Room that sits just off a spacious Guest Bedroom. A fully updated Powder Room featuring a granite topped furniture style vanity and ceramic tile floor completes the first level living space.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk upstairs to find the home’s 3 spacious bedrooms. The Master Bedroom boasts tons of sunlight, hardwood floors, plenty of closet space and 3 large windows with front and back views of the stunning property outside. Two additional light-filled bedrooms assure comfort and privacy for family and guests while a fully renovated Hall Bath boasts high end finishes including ceramic floors, a granite topped vanity and a luxurious jetted tub.
And there’s more…a spacious fully finished lower level with laminate floors throughout is home to a Recreation Room with plenty of storage space and an adjacent Family Room boasting a picture perfect fireplace with large granite surround. You’ll surely enjoy this space for family game nights, movie watching with friends and simply relaxing as you curl up here with your favorite book. A conveniently located Laundry Room, Utility Room and a Full Bath round out this useful space.
With its easy access to Midtown Direct train service, sought after school district and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants in downtown Millburn, you will undoubtedly want to call 16 Mount Ararat Road your next home.
Floor by Floor details of 16 Mount Ararat Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Foyer with wood and storm doors, ceramic tile floor, coat closet, 2 light fixture; access to center staircase, curved archways to Living Room and Dining Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, large picture window, full stone wall with fireplace featuring marble surround and stone hearth
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, large picture window and additional window, brass chandelier; doorway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, custom cabinetry with granite countertops, ceramic tile backsplash and corner cabinet with glass accents, appliances including Samsung 5-burner gas range with oven below and Zephyr hood above, GE refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid dishwasher with integrated cabinetry panel, stainless steel sink with window above, ceiling fan with light, recessed lighting, ceramic tile half wall; side door to Mudroom, doorway to entry foyer with access to Full Bath and
- Mudroom with ceramic tile floor, light fixture, sliding doors to backyard, windows with front yard and Kitchen views
- Full Bath with ceramic tile floor and walls with decorative borders, crown molding, furniture style vanity with granite top, framed mirror and light fixture above, stall shower with sliding glass doors, corner glass shelf, tiled walls and recessed light, toilet, exhaust fan
- Guest Bedroom with hardwood floors, ceiling fan with light, closet, window facing rear yard, accordion door to Sun Room
- Sun Room with ceramic tile floor, large closet with shelving, additional storage closet, vertical blinds on 2 large windows, paneled walls, fluorescent ceiling light, door to backyard/driveway/detached garage
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors, linen closet with shelving, light fixture; access to 3 bedrooms and hall bath
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, 3 closets (one with shelving, one with access to attic), windows on 3 sides, ceiling fan with light
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, windows on 3 sides with shades, double closet, ceiling fan with light
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, dormer ceiling, light fixture
- Full Hallway Bath featuring ceramic tile floor with decorative inlay, jetted tub with tiled shower above and tile surround, vanity with granite top, cabinets below and framed mirror above, recessed lights, crown molding, toilet, frosted window
- Recreation Room with wood laminate floors, recessed lighting; open to Family Room, Utility Room and Laundry Room, access to 1-car garage
- Family Room with hardwood floors, double closet, fireplace with large granite surround and hearth, grade level window
- Full Bath with ceramic tile floor, vanity with granite top, cabinets below and framed mirror above, exhaust fan, corner shower, ½ tiled wall with decorative glass tile accents, light fixture and grade level window
- Laundry Room with Samsung front loading washer and dryer, ceramic tile floor, utility sink, storage nook and light fixture
- 1-car attached garage with electric door and shelving
- 2-car detached garage with shelving and attic, one electric door and one manual door
- Single zone radiator heat
- Terraced front yard with brick retaining walls, built in planter bed and exterior lighting, spacious flat fenced in backyard with brick paver and blue stone patios
- 3-zone sprinkler system covers both front and back yards
- All baths fully updated
- Newly resurfaced asphalt driveways in summer 2016
- Stainless steel Weber grill with house gas connection on patio
- Blocks to Glenwood School and Short Hills train station
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.