Exquisite Chatham Colonial on 1.19 Acres with Pool and Magnificent Views!
- 6 full, 2 half
- $5,153 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Situated on a picturesque, tree-lined street surrounded by multi-million dollar homes in Chatham, 20 Candace Lane is a magnificent 17 room, 7,135+ square foot custom Colonial that’s truly captivating both inside and out. Situated on 1.19 acres with amazing hill-top scenic views from level lot with two-tiered bluestone patio and gorgeous salt chlorinated pool! This is your opportunity to live in your own private oasis that backs to protected green space less than 60 minutes from mid-town Manhattan! 6 bedrooms – all with en suite baths! Finished walk out basement with media room, kitchenette off of pool area, sound system throughout, 3 car garage. Designed by AHM Architects and built by Rolling Hill Developers this home is finished with only the highest end materials, and built with the utmost attention to detail. The original owner was a Jets football player who added a ton of cool extra touches to the home making this one extra special.
Situated on a picturesque, tree-lined street surrounded by multi-million dollar homes in sought after Chatham Township, 20 Candace Lane is a magnificent 17 room Colonial that’s truly captivating both inside and out. No luxury was spared in the meticulous 2008 construction of this unique 7,135+ square foot home featuring 6 bedrooms, 8 baths and a luxurious ambiance highlighted by the custom architectural features and high end finishes found throughout the home.
Upon arrival, an expansive brick paver driveway guides you to the impressive columned entry way. Step through the inviting front door for your first glimpse of all this home has to offer. A grand two-story Entry Foyer with warm hued hardwood floors, handsome raised panel wainscoting and a stately center staircase provide your first glimpse of the residence’s open, airy floor plan of well-planned living and entertaining spaces. Step through a broad archway to the right into the Living Room featuring an exquisite full wall custom cherry built- in with shelving to display all your favorite books and collectibles and a broad archway leading to a spacious Home Office. This light filled space is complete with its own custom built-in cabinetry as well as a charming sunlit alcove with a full bay of windows. It’s a fabulous setting that’s sure to make finishing up a project of completing daily paperwork effortless. The room could certainly serve as a child’s play room if you so desire. Continue on into the Butler’s Pantry, fully equipped with fine cabinetry with granite top, a striking copper prep sink, beverage refrigerator and plenty of storage space for all your entertaining needs. Prepare a drink for family or guests and then continue on into the spacious Family Room where you will enjoy gathering in front of the wood burning fireplace as sun streams in through large windows in a fully windowed wall. Step through the French door to enjoy your cocktail on the covered wood deck just outside.
Central to the open first level is the designer Kitchen inspired by any cook’s dream. It features top-of-the-line appliances, custom cabinetry, attractive granite counter tops, a walk-in pantry with wood shelving and a large center island with Breakfast Bar. Enjoy your gourmet creations in the adjacent Breakfast Room that’s highlighted by abundant sunlight that streams in through large windows revealing stunning hilltop views and French door access to the fabulous backyard. For more formal entertaining, step into the neighboring Dining Room, a light-filled space with raised panel wainscoting, tray ceiling and an exquisite crystal chandelier, that’s the perfect setting for grand holiday meals and intimate dining with friends. A conveniently located formal Powder Room, a Mud Room furnished with plenty of cubbies and storage space as well as access to another Powder Room and the garage complete the first level living space.
At the end of the day, you’ll proceed up the stairway to an expansive landing with access to 5 spacious bedrooms, each one boasting a private en suite bath. Immerse yourself in luxury as you enter the Master Suite with amenities worthy of the finest 5-star hotel. Here, a spacious bedroom is highlighted by a tray ceiling with elegant up-lighting that sets a relaxing mood as you proceed into the adjacent sitting room bathed in sunlight from its fully windowed wall. Two large walk-in closets assure there’s plenty of space for all your clothing and shoes. Enter the spa-like marble en suite bath to enjoy a relaxing soak in the free-standing tub, or if you prefer, step into the large marble shower furnished with multiple shower heads. His & Hers vanities guarantee your comfort and convenience on a daily basis.
Family and guests will each enjoy their own private retreat in the four additional bedrooms – each with en suite baths and an abundance of closet space-located just down the hall. A charming study alcove furnished with built-in desks, bookcases and storage is conveniently located outside the bedrooms as is the Laundry Room and a rear staircase leading back to the first level.
And there’s more…On the finished lower level you’ll find so many options for family entertainment. An expansive, carpeted Recreation/Game Room has plenty of space that’s perfect for play time and family game nights, a Media Room is equipped with projection screen that’s sure to make movie watching at home enjoyable and a fully equipped Kitchenette serves all the needs for entertaining both inside and out. Prepare to be wowed as you step outside to the enormous bluestone patio surrounded by sprawling lawns with show-stopping views of the landscape. Picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbeque grill as family and friends hop in and out of the inviting heated salt chlorinated pool on a warm summer day. You’ll find that vacationing at home has never been more relaxing!
Upon viewing, you will undoubtedly see how much the handsome home at 20 Candace Lane has to offer. Its generous interior spaces combined with its spectacular outdoor oasis and sought after location with easy access to top ranked schools, fine shopping and NYC transportation make it the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 20 Candace Lane, Chatham
- 2-story Entry Foyer with front-to-back views, hardwood floors, raised panel wainscoting, brass chandelier, wood door with sidelights, transom and Palladian window above, 2 coat closets with shelving, crown moldings; broad archways to Living Room, Dining Room and Family Room; access to center staircase
- Living Room with hardwood floors, full wall cherry built-in bookcase/display shelving, crown molding, deep base molding, 3 large windows with bamboo shades, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers, cherry wood pocket door to Home Office
- Study (also suitable as a Play Room) with hardwood floors, ceiling fan with light, crown molding, custom built-in with display shelving and storage cabinets, large picture window and additional window, alcove with bay window and recessed lighting; French door to Butler’s Pantry
- Butler’s Pantry with custom cherry cabinetry with glass paned accents, tile backsplash, granite counter with storage cabinets below, copper prep sink, Marvel beverage refrigerator, recessed lighting, under-cabinet lighting, hardwood floor and crown molding; open to Kitchen hallway and Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, wood burning fireplace (gas starter) with wood mantel and granite surround, bracket for wall mount TV, 2 sconces, coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers, full windowed wall facing backyard, French door to covered wood deck and patio; broad archway to Breakfast Room/Kitchen
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry, granite counter tops, subway tile backsplash, top-of-the line appliances including Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, Wolf stainless steel 6-burner gas range with griddle, Wolf stainless double wall electric oven with convection, Sharp Insight Pro built-in microwave, Miele dishwasher with integrated cabinetry panel, Shaws farmhouse sink with brass faucet, disposal and 2 windows above, built-in ceiling speakers, recessed lighting, center island with granite topped breakfast bar, storage and 2 pendant lights above, walk-in pantry closet with shelving, drawers and Scotsman ice machine; doorway to Dining Room, Mud Room and rear staircase access
- Breakfast Area with hardwood floors, granite topped cabinets with glass fronted ceiling mounted cabinets, floor to ceiling windows with transom above, French door to rear deck, windows with Roman shades, built-in ceiling speakers, crown molding
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors with inlay border, raised panel wainscoting, coffered ceiling, crystal chandelier, built-in ceiling speakers, large picture window
- Formal Powder Room #1 with hardwood floors, furniture style vanity with brass sink and faucet and mirror above, crown molding
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, bead board wainscoting, separate doors to brick paver driveway and garage, custom built-in cubbies, broom closet, 2 ceiling fixtures; access to Powder Room #2
- Powder Room #2 with ceramic tile floor, bead board wainscoting, pedestal sink with glass shelf and mirror above, light fixture, window with window treatments
- Gallery Landing with raised panel wainscoting, recessed lighting, linen closet with shelving, crown molding, leads to rear hallway with 2 double door storage closets with shelving and built-in study alcove with 2 desks, shelving and drawers; access to all bedrooms and rear staircase
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, tray ceiling with up-lighting, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, bracket for wall mount TV, built-in ceiling speakers, His & Hers walk-in closets with custom shelving, seating alcove featuring bay windows with Roman shades and recessed lighting, en suite bath with marble tile floor, His & Hers vanities with cherry cabinetry, marble counter tops and framed mirrors, walk-in marble shower with glass door, built-in bench and corner shelves, rain shower and hand held shower heads, Aquatic jetted-soaking tub sitting below large window with recessed lighting an crown molding above, separate commode with marble tile floor an storage cabinet
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown molding, double-door closet with shelving, ceiling fan with light, en suite bath with tile floor, shower over tub with tiled walls, vanity with marble top, storage below, framed mirror and light fixture above
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, ceiling fan with light, crown molding, windows on 2 sides, large walk-in closet with shelving, additional linen closet, en suite bath with tile floor, vanity with marble top, large mirror and 2 sconces above, storage cabinets below, shower over tub with fully tiled walls and decorative border accent, window with treatments
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, large walk-in closet with shelving, large picture window, en suite bath with tile floor, large sliding glass door shower with tiled walls and decorative border, vanity with marble top, framed mirror and light fixture above and storage cabinets below
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, 2 double door closets with shelving, 5 windows with 3 exposures, study alcove with built-in desk, additional alcove, en suite bath with ceramic tile floor, shower over tub with tiled walls and glass tile accent border, vanity with marble top, framed mirror and light fixture above, storage below, ceiling fixture
- Laundry Room with tile floor, storage cabinets with soapstone top, stainless steel utility sink, window and light fixture
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lighting, 3 large storage closets, NEC wall mount TV
- Media Room with decorative column entry, carpet, Sharp projector and screen, bracket for wall mounted TV, recessed lighting; open to Kitchenette
- Kitchenette with ceramic tile floor, storage cabinets above and below granite counters, tile backsplash, stainless steel sink, beverage refrigerator, bead board wainscoting, dining counter and alcove, French doors to pool/backyard
- Bedroom #6 with carpet, recessed lights, double-door closet with shelving, window, en suite bath (also accessible via Recreation Room) with tile floor, marble topped vanity with large framed mirror above, storage cabinets below, light fixture
Additional Features/ Upgrades
- 3-car garage with electric door, and heating unit
- Professionally landscaped 1.19-acre property with scenic hilltop views backing to private green conservation space, fully fenced in backyard with exquisite in-ground heated salt chlorinated pool with automatic cover and vacuum system, underground sprinkler system throughout front & back yard, extensive outdoor lighting, covered wood deck with access to 2-tiered bluestone patio, barbecue with direct gas line
- SMS security system
- Aprilaire humidifier
- Budd central Vacuum
- 2 hot water heaters
- 3 furnaces
- 4-zone Forced air heat/AC; 3 AC units
- Belkin sound system with built-in speakers in Living Room, Family Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Office, Master Bedroom Suite
- Accessible attic with expansive storage space
- 5 | 2
- 6 | 1
- 6 | 1
- 5 | 2
- 5 | 1
- 7 | 1
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
100th Home Sale Charity Program – We’re Almost There!READ MORE
Top-Rated Midtown Direct Communities for FamiliesREAD MORE
NJ Home Sellers: Price It Right and Come Out On Top! Buyers: “Days On Market” can help you gauge your offer!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC