20 Jay Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 6 full, 1 half
- $5,730 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
This fabulous and expansive custom center hall colonial is ideal for the active household. Constructed and remodeled with the finest of everything, 20 Jay Road offers stunning curb appeal on just slightly under a half acre and features an array of elegant finishes along with an abundance of natural light. Completed in 2018, this luxury residence features 6 bedrooms, including 4 ensuite, and 6.5 baths. The first floor has ideal flow and is perfect for grand entertaining and sophisticated life style. A striking designer kitchen opens up to a family room that features a gas fireplace, gorgeous hardwood floors, extensive millwork and fabulous views of the secluded tree lined backyard. Enjoy endless nights in the spacious master suite that’s complete with walk-in closets, gas fireplace and spa-like master bath; 4 additional large bedrooms and 2 baths found on the second floor and an expensive third floor en suite bedroom complete the upstairs residence. Enjoy the finished lower level that consists of a large recreation room, au pair suite and additional space for a gym or home theatre. This enviable, premier location on a cul-de-sac offers a tranquil setting that is just steps to a national wildlife refuge and a highly ranked elementary school. Come discover this fabulous home in one of Chatham Township’s top neighborhoods!
Room by Room Details of 20 Jay Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- Columned bluestone front porch leads to Entry Foyer with solid wood 1lite dual glass exterior door, hardwood floors, large double hung window, custom millwork including extensive base casing and crown molding, recessed lighting, access to center staircase, open decorative paneled entryway to Living Room and Dining Room, Hallway to Lower Level and Family Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floor, multi-tiered soffit with crown moldings, batten wainscoting, new drum with crystal chandelier, 3 windows, opening to Butler’s Pantry
- Living Room with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, 2 side by side windows, crown and baseboard molding, open to Family Room
- Butler’s Pantry with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, custom cabinetry with glass front accent panels, decorative subway tile backsplash, quartz countertop, Elkay sink with pull down faucet, Summit beverage refrigerator, french doors to large recessed lighted walk in pantry storage/closet
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, custom cabinetry with glass fronted accent panel, LED under cabinet lighting,4 windows, textured subway tile back splash, 30” Kraus stainless steel sink with window above, quartz countertop, center island with custom wood cabinetry (4 seats breakfast bar) quartz countertop, Elkay stainless steel prep sink, 3 pendant lights, top of the line stainless steel appliances including 48″ Wolf dual side gas range with 8 burners, Broan Elite hood, Built-in Kitchen Aid convection microwave; Built-in KitchenAid oven, Bosch super silent dishwasher, Subzero 42” french door refrigerator, wall mounted pot filler, open to Breakfast Room and Family Room
- Breakfast Room surrounded by windows with hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lighting, sliding french doors to wood deck, decorative drum chandelier
- Family room with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown and baseboard molding, coffered ceiling, 2 double french doors to trex deck, electric gas fireplace with crown molding, decorative panels and marble surround, hallway to Mudroom, Powder Room, garage entry and Guest Suite
- Mudroom with built-in floor to ceiling cabinetry with crown and baseboard molding, hardwood floors recessed lighting, entry to garage and Powder Room
- Powder Room with wood grain porcelain tile, one window, Kohler sink and toilet, wall mounted mirror over custom quartz top vanity, vanity light, crown and baseboard molding
- Guest Suite with hardwood floors, baseboard and crown molding, one double door closet with custom shelving, one single door closet, recessed lighting, 2 windows, en suite bathroom with tile floor, recessed lighting, custom vanity with marble, wall mounted mirror and vanity wood cabinet, Kohler sink, toilet and tub, marble tile surround, Delta rain showerhead
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors, crown baseboard and panel molding, linen closet with shelving, 2 side by side windows, recess lighting, access to all bedrooms and Laundry Room
- Bedroom #1 featuring hardwood floors, 2 side by side windows, recessed lighting, crown and baseboard molding, one double door closet and one regular closet with shelving, open to jack and jill bathroom with mosaic tile floor, 2 Kohler sinks with custom built in vanity and marble countertop separated by a built in privacy wall with custom cabinets, 2 frameless wall mounted mirror, 4 sconces, Kohler toilet and tub, Delta rain showerhead wood grained porcelain tile surround the shower, window, door to Bedroom #2
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 side by side windows, walk in closet with shelving, recessed lights, crown and baseboard molding, door to Hallway
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lights, walk in closet with shelving, en-suite bathroom with wood grained tile, built in marble vanity, wall mounted mirror, Kohler sink and toilet, one window, frameless glass shower door with mosaic floor, textured side tile, two marble shelves and Delta rain showerhead
- Laundry Room with mosaic tile floor, Frigidaire sink, built in floor to ceiling wood shelving, cabinets and armoire, recessed lighting and one window
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown and baseboard molding, 4 windows, gas fireplace with marble surround, decorative mantle molding and two built in cabinets with marble countertop and shelving on each side of the fireplace, double sliding farm style doors to walk in closet with custom shelving. A second set of double sliding farm style doors open to en suite built-in makeup vanity, dressing room/walk in closet and master bathroom, entry way features marble floor with custom vanity, built in wood cabinets and Carrara marble, wall mounted mirror, 2 sconces, recessed lighting, open to private dressing room/walk in closet with custom shelving and to the master bathroom with marble floor, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lighting, his and her vanities with custom cabinetry and Calacutta marble counter, wall mirror, Kolher sinks, private room with Kohler toilet and door, frameless glass shower with marble surround, rainforest shower head, spray hand, Kohler soaking tub and 2 side by side windows
- Stairway to third floor, casement window, recessed lighting, panel molding with crown and baseboard molding leading to Bedroom #5.
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, recessed lights, baseboard and crown molding, 4 windows, 2 large double door closets, en suite bathroom with mosaic tile, window, Kohler sink and toilet, custom cabinet with marble countertop, wall mounted mirror with vanity light, frameless glass shower doors with tile
- Hardwood staircase with baseboard molding to lower level carpeted recreation room featuring recessed lighting, closet and opening to a game/media room with custom built in bar, frigidaire sink and marvel wine refrigerator, baseboard molding, door to utility room, opening to Full Bath (Kohler sink and toilet, glass sliding shower doors with tiled surround shower, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, vanity mirror and lighting, marble countertop) and recreation/gym room with porcelain tile floor, sliding glass doors to bluestone steps that lead to back yard. Full Bath also opens to a carpeted Au Pair Suite with casement window and closet with shelving.
- 2 car insulated garage with electric carriage solid wood doors with ¼ windows, built in shelving, 2 windows and separate door to side yard, 3 outdoor sconces
- Outdoor gas line
- Blue stone pathway to entry way with stone risers
- Blue stone pathway to side yard
- Large wood deck with stairway to large flat yard
- Zoned sprinkler system
- Surround-sound wiring throughout house and basement home theatre
- Deluxe trim package, with tall base moldings, wide casings, and crown throughout
- CAT-5 telephone and cable/computer prewired throughout
- Whole house sound system wiring in dining room, family room, kitchen, basement and rear deck
- Ample recessed lighting throughout the house
- Wired for Security System with perimeter cameras
- AV/Pre-wire for WiFi repeaters
- 4 zone forced air HVAC
- Climate controlled digital thermostat
- Ceiling heights: 8′ on first level, 9′ on second and third levels
- Batt & spray foam insulation
- 4″ solid hardwood oak floors throughout house
- Solid core one panel wood doors with matte black hardware throughout house
- Double hung Anderson windows (Black 400 Series) throughout house
- Full finished basement with, Au Pair Suite and walk out sliding door
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
2017 Chatham New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC