5 Bedroom Move In Ready Glenwood RanchMillburn/Short Hills
20 Winding Way, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 20 Winding Way
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 2 Full and 1 Half
20 Winding Way, Short Hills, NJ 07078
SOLD! Call Sue For More Information 973-936-9129
Price: $929,000 MLS#: 3205469
Welcome to 20 Winding Way, Short Hills, NJ 07078, a raised ranch with great curb appeal tucked away in the heart of the tree-lined streets of the Glenwood section of Short Hills. The allure of the home is instantly apparent as you step past a decorative trellis and then proceed through the distinctive glass paned front door into the welcoming Entry Foyer. A French door leads you right into the open and airy Living Room where light streams through the windows and provides the perfect mood for entertaining family and friends in front of the large wood-burning fireplace. From here, you can opt to enter the intimate Dining Room featuring hand stenciled hardwood floors and decorative column details or to settle in beside the fireplace in the Family Room that showcases views of the backyard greenery and terraced brick paver patio.
Preparing meals for family and guests is a breeze in the conveniently located “Sawhorse” custom designed Kitchen. Decorative shelving, granite counters and ceramic tile backsplash with hand painted accents add character to the room while the island breakfast bar and adjacent Breakfast Room provide options for simply sitting down for a quick snack or a more elaborate evening meal. Around the corner you’ll find a fully equipped Laundry Room, an elegant Powder Room and access to the lower level where a large Recreation Room provides the perfect place for family fun.
When its time to retire for the night, you’ll find multiple options to assure a restful night’s sleep for all. A first level bedroom wing features 2 light and airy Bedrooms (one with Master Bedroom possibilities) with hardwood floors and ample closet space along with a fully remodeled Hall Bath. Or you may choose to proceed upstairs to the second level gallery landing where the Master Bedroom, 2 additional bedrooms and another fully remodeled Hall Bath provide all the space you’ll need for family and guests alike.
With it’s sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, 20 Winding Way is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 20 Winding Way, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings, crystal fixture, coat closet and columned archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors with hand painted decorative stenciling, large window overlooking front yard, crown molding, slider to Kitchen and French door to Living Room
- Kitchen with Sawhorse designed custom cabinetry and decorative shelving, granite counters and ceramic tile backsplash with hand painted accents, island breakfast bar, hardwood floors, stainless steel Dacor double wall oven, stainless sink, KitchenAid dishwasher, 36” refrigerator/freezer and breakfast room with large bay window, chandelier, recessed lights and access to lower level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, dentil molding, wood burning fireplace with wood mantel and slate surround, 3 French doors (one to Dining Room, one to Entry Foyer, one to rear staircase and Family Room) and large windowed wall facing rear yard
- Hallway with hardwood floors, light fixture, access to staircase, storage closet and decorative mantel and oval window
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, gas fireplace with decoratively carved wood mantel and granite hearth, recessed lighting, window treatments, shelved storage closet and French door to rear yard
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, ceramic tile floor, built-in cabinets, utility sink with Formica top counter and light fixture
- Powder Room with pedestal sink, beadboard wainscoting and chair rail, fixture and ceramic tile floor
- Bedroom #1(Master) featuring large double closet with built-in shelves and mirrored doors, hardwood floors, 3 windows with window treatments
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, built-in shelves/storage, double closet with sliding doors, window treatments
- Hall Bath featuring ceramic tile floor, shower over tub with full tiled wall, pedestal sink, fixture and recessed lighting
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, track lighting and access to attic storage
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, walk-in closet with built-in shelves, chair rail and large window facing backyard
- Bedroom #4 with 2 double closets, hardwood floors, window seat, ceiling fan/light, window treatments
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, double closet arched ceiling, alcove with window seat
- Hall Bath with “Blue Pearl” granite topped vanity, stall shower with tile wall and glass door, ceramic tile floor, blind, nook with glass shelves and linen closet
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lights and Owens Corning easy maintenance wall panels
- Unfinished storage area with refrigerator and utility sink
- Mudroom access to 2 car garage with electric doors
- First floor Hall Bath remodel (2009)
- Second Floor Hall Bath remodel (2014)
- Vinyl Replacement windows with lifetime warranty
- 2 Zone Heat/AC
- New hot water heater (2008)
- Electric Dog Fence
- Water Softener
- Brick paver walkway to terraced patio in backyard
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.