21 Plymouth Rd, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
21 Plymouth Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
- 21 Plymouth Rd
- 2 full, 1 half
Listing for Sale! 21 Plymouth Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
New Price: $1,399,000
Spectacularly renovated 4 Bedroom, 2 and ½ Bath Colonial on one of Summit’s most amazing blocks (great block parties and trick or treating!). Remarkable craftsmanship at every turn with premium designer décor throughout by renowned decorator Valerie Grant Interiors – featured on Summit’s Calvary House Tour in 2015! Fantastic flow, dream Chef’s Kitchen by Orchard Hills Construction, custom cabinetry, top of the line stainless steel appliances, marble countertops and custom built-in banquette, fabulous Family Room with fireplace and custom built-ins throughout, elegant Living Room with fireplace, Formal Dining Room with Venetian plastered walls, outstanding renovated Master Suite, custom window treatments and high end designer light fixtures throughout, finished Lower Level, easy access with gated driveway off Ashland Road. With its superior design, vicinity to New York City, proximity to Midtown Direct train, sought after schools (Brayton Elementary District) and convenience to fantastic downtown Summit, 21 Plymouth is exceptional in every way!
Welcome to 21 Plymouth Road, a spectacular 4 Bedroom 2 and ½ Bath Colonial on one of Summit’s most coveted blocks! No expense has been spared on the extraordinary renovations to this home, designed throughout out by renowned decorator Valerie Grant Interiors. This is a rare opportunity to own a home with distinct high-end craftsmanship mixed with every modern amenity imaginable. Whether it’s the dazzling Kitchen, Family Room or Master Bedroom renovations, soothing paint colors or custom designer touches, 21 Plymouth is astonishing at every turn.
Drive up to 21 Plymouth Road and you know you have reached somewhere incredibly special. Curb appeal abounds with crisp, manicured landscaping, curved walkway, a lush green lawn, classic clapboard siding, charming black shutters and a welcoming red front door. Enter into the bright Entry Foyer and become transfixed by all this house has to offer. The sophisticated Entry Foyer features hardwood floors, luxurious wallpaper and classic light fixtures. Move into the elegant, sun-drenched Living Room gracefully adorned with soothing paint colors, traditional statement fireplace, ample windows with custom window treatments and designer starburst light fixture. Proceed into the nearby formal Dining Room with beautiful grey Venetian plaster walls, bay window and pendant crystal chandelier. Flow from the Dining Room into the Gourmet Kitchen that will satisfy every chef’s desire. Custom, crisp white cabinetry, an abundantly sized island, Vermont Danby marble countertops and high-end stainless steel appliances are the best in form and function. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Area with a stunning built-in banquette and copious windows with a breathtaking view of the lovely backyard. Not a thing will be out of place in the nearby Mud Room complete with custom cabinetry, Coat Closet and honed Belgian bluestone flooring. Accessed from the Breakfast Area, relax in the 3-season Sun Porch that flows easily from inside. This tranquil and breezy space, with bluestone flooring and beadboard ceiling, exudes relaxation and is well suited for an al fresco dinner party or simply sipping cocktails with friends. Just beyond the porch, enjoy complete privacy in the meticulously landscaped flat yard featuring a charming bluestone patio and blooming perennials. Beyond the Kitchen, you are sure to be impressed by the magnificent Family Room. Bathed in sunlight, the Family Room is nothing less than a work of art with its statement fireplace, custom built-ins and custom desk area, with ample storage and workspace. This room is well suited for family game night, movie watching or cozy nights by the fire. A tasteful Powder Room rounds out the first level.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, a stately staircase with custom sisal runner leads you to a second floor Landing serving also as a luxurious Library. This space, with custom built-ins for plenty of book storage, is the perfect spot to curl up with your favorite novel. Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom with soothing grey walls, custom built-in dressers, distinctive designer light fixture and custom window treatments. The suite is functionally designed with 3 generous closets (1 Walk-In). Enjoy a soak in the tub in the en suite spa-like Master Bathroom complete with custom double vanity, luxurious shower with frameless glass doors and marble throughout. The Second Level gets better and better with 3 additional bedrooms, each with designer touches at every turn. Wallpaper accents, custom built-ins and sleek paint colors make each bedroom its own unique oasis.
And there’s more … The Lower Level, with a fantastic Recreation Room, will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Equipped with plenty of room for movie watching, children’s art studio, and plenty of storage closets so that all toys and games will be neatly tucked away, the Lower Level provides all the space you need for any pursuit. A large Laundry Room, with 2 additional closets, rounds out this level.
It is not very often that a house in such pristine condition, both inside and out, becomes available. 21 Plymouth Road is a dream home in every way. One of Summit’s best blocks, just minutes from top-notch schools, NYC transportation and downtown Summit, this home is the ultimate in class and sophistication and simply will not last!
Floor by Floor Details of 21 Plymouth Road, Summit
- Warm and welcoming Wood Front Door
- Entryway Vestibule featuring designer wallpaper, hardwood floors, Alexa Hampton flush mount light fixture with gold leaf detail, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, designer wallpaper, designer flush mount light fixture with glass and antique finish, elegant staircase leading to 2nd floor, baseboard molding, crown molding, decorative archway into Kitchen
- Staircase leading to 2nd level with sisal runner and pendant light fixture with crystal detail at top of stairs
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, designer wallpaper, recessed lighting, corner pedestal sink, mirror tile backsplash, fan
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, wood burning fireplace with dentil molding and custom millwork, new marble fireplace surround, designer custom window treatments and valences, baseboard molding, crown molding, designer starburst chandelier fixture with antique gold finish
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, hand troweled Venetian plaster walls with wax polish topcoat, wainscoting, bay window, designer custom window treatments, baseboard molding, crown molding, designer pendant crystal chandelier with antique gold finish, built-in cabinet with wallpaper
- Renovated Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, white custom wood cabinetry, weathered grey custom wood island with built in cabinetry for storage on two sides, glass subway tile in grey cloud, white Vermont Danby honed marble countertops, designer glass pendant light fixtures with filament lighting, recessed lighting, stainless steel Blanco sink (specialty single bowl with apron and towel bar), glass door cabinetry for china storage, recessed lighting, Vela polished stainless faucet with dual spray, stainless steel Viking Gas Range and Oven with grill, Stainless Steel Kitchen Aid Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel Kitchen Aid Electric Wall Oven, Stainless Steel Sub Zero Refrigerator, Bosch Dishwasher, stainless steel built-in soap dispenser, crown molding, baseboard molding, in-ceiling speakers for surround sound, 3-stage under counter water filtration system, Mountain faucet (for filtered water), Mountain 1 and ¼ HP Batch Feed garbage disposal
- Breakfast Area featuring custom built-in banquette with storage drawers, designer custom cushions and pillows, designer custom valences, designer globe light fixture with gold detail, French door to Sun Porch
- Mudroom Area featuring honed Belgian bluestone flooring, built-in cabinetry, Coat Closet with double doors, recessed lighting, door to Garage
- Sun Room/Screened Porch featuring bluestone flooring, bead board ceiling, flush mount nautical light fixture, door to Bluestone Patio
- 2 Car Garage with Electric Doors, Refrigerator
- Family Room featuring gas fireplace with custom millwork mantel and stone surround, hardwood floors, custom built-in cabinetry housing TV and components with open display shelving and other closed cabinetry storage, custom built-in Desk Area with open display shelving and closed cabinetry and drawers, leathered granite countertops at Desk Area, custom built-in lower cabinets to left of fireplace, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting, in-ceiling speakers for surround sound, custom woven shade window treatments
- Wood Staircase to Lower Level
- Renovated Recreation Room featuring wood-look flooring, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, enormous closet with floor to ceiling shelving, additional closet with shelving under staircase, display shelving
- Laundry Room featuring tile flooring, built-in lower cabinetry with sink, Corian countertop, built-in upper cabinetry, open shelf, flush mount lighting, Closet #1 with floor to ceiling shelving, Closet # 2 with hanging storage, Stainless Steel Whirlpool Duet Front Loader Washer and Dryer
- 2 Utility Closets
- 2nd Floor Landing/Sitting Room featuring hardwood flooring, custom fit area rug, custom built-in bookshelves, custom woven shade window treatment, designer flush mount drum shade light fixture, crown molding, baseboard molding, Linen Closet with double doors and floor to ceiling shelving, pull down attic access
- Renovated Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, semi-flush mount light fixture with gold leaf detail, 2 sconce light fixtures on each side of bed with swinging arms, 2 window dormers with custom built-in dressers, 3 Closets (1 Walk-In) both with custom, adjustable shelving and hanging storage, 3rd with floor to ceiling shelving, designer custom window treatments, designer wallpaper
- Renovated Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring, custom double vanity with storage, marble countertops, built-in Jacuzzi tub, large marble shower with frameless glass doors with dual shower heads, shower seat, built-in shower shelving, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving, 3 sconces, recessed lighting, custom mirror
- Bedroom 2 featuring hardwood floors, designer custom window treatments, designer wallpaper accent wall, built-in cabinetry with display shelving, crown molding, baseboard molding, Closet, Alexa Hampton flush mount light fixture, custom area rug, walls painted grey
- Bedroom 3 (currently being used as a Study) featuring arched ceiling with wood-look wallpaper, Ralph Lauren Roark ring chandelier with filament lighting, 2 library sconces, custom carpeting, designer custom window treatments, custom built-in dresser in window dormer area, Closet, walls painted grey
- Bedroom 4 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, wood blinds, 3 windows, 3 Closets, crisp white walls with blue accent wall
- Hall Bathroom featuring original tile flooring, tile wainscoting throughout with art deco detail, original bathtub with original tile surround and art deco detail, stand alone shower featuring frameless glass door and original tile with art deco detail, pedestal sink with polished nickel fixtures, recessed medicine cabinet, 1 sconce over sink, flush mount light fixture, ceiling fan
Front and Backyard
- ¼ Acre
- Level, Fenced-In Yard
- Rear access Gated Driveway from Ashland Road
- Irrigation (reconfigured 2016)
- Electric Dog Fence
- Outdoor Speakers
- New Front Landscaping (2016)
- New Front Walkway and Front Landing (2016)
- New bluestone landing outside back door (2014)
- Newly reset Bluestone Patio (2016)
- New Sod (2015)
- Decorated by Valerie Grant Interiors
- Kitchen, Breakfast Area and Mudroom Renovation by Orchard Hills Construction (2014)
- Featured on Cavalry House Tour (2015)
- Custom Dressers in Master Bedroom and Study (2014)
- New Basement Floor (2014)
- Exterior House Painted (2013)
- Pull down attic stairs replaced (2014)
- Alarm System
Visit The Community
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.