Amazing Summit ColonialSummit
21 Sunset Drive Summit, NJ 07901 – SOLD for full price!
- 21 Sunset Drive
- .79 acres
- 6 full 1 half
Amazing custom built Summit Colonial on one of Summit’s most sought after streets for people who want an upscale, friendly neighborhood with easy access to NYC trains…. situated on over 3/4 acre lot backing to woods for total privacy, with easy walk to train , top rated Summit NJ schools, recreation and down town Summit shopping & restaurants. The owners kept the charm of the entrance of the original home ( built in 1920) with the beautiful front porch, yet completely renovated and expanded in 2005 to rival any new construction in the area. Gorgeous upgrades and details inside and out. Gourmet kitchen with professional grade appliances, custom cabinetry and granite, elegant formal dining and living rooms, large Family room with fireplace, office, 7 spacious bedrooms 6 and 1/2 baths, Master Suite with jetted tub and steam shower, 3rd floor bonus room, Private Au Pair suite, Wine Cellar with Mahogany custom racking and Granite counter tops, Full gym with attached full bath, New stone patio and outdoor fireplace, professionally landscaped property…..and so much more! If you are a qualified buyer, call Sue Adler at 973-200-6261 to to see this home to truly appreciate everything it has to offer!
The First Level
- The center-hall foyer greets you with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding and chair rail detailing. Stairs lead the way up to the second level or down to the lower level
- The living room features hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding and the comfort of a gas fireplace with built-in shelves above the mantel
- The formal dining room welcomes your dinner guests with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding and French doors to the breakfast room
- The designer kitchen features custom white cabinets with under-cabinet lighting and are topped with granite counters and a mosaic tile backsplash. Dark wood distinguishes the center island breakfast bar with granite counter, all set beneath a custom pendant light. Appliances include a GE side-by-side refrigerator, Viking gas range, built-in wall oven, microwave/convection, warming drawer and Viking dishwasher. Recessed lighting illuminates the work areas and the adjoining breakfast room. Kitchen also features a utility and pantry closet with built-ins
- The breakfast room is awash in sunlight courtesy of tall windows and French doors to the deck. A built-in entertainment bar features a mini-fridge and bar sink
- The family room has hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, windows on three sides and a gas fireplace with a window above the mantel.
- The office has a tile floor and a built-in desk. There is access to the deck and a side door with steps to the outside.
- The laundry room features a tile floor, full size washer and dryer, laundry sink, closet and access to a service entry with access to the 2-car garage and the covered wraparound front porch
- The powder room features a vanity with marble counter top.
The Second & Third Levels
- The enormous master bedroom includes plenty of space for large furniture pieces and a separate sitting area. The tray ceiling with recessed lighting adds to the sense of space. A cavernous walk-in closet with built-ins houses extensive wardrobes.
- The luxurious master bath features a marble tile floor, furniture quality vanities with stone counter tops, large framed mirrors and a make-up table. There is a walk-in steam shower and a whirlpool tub with marble surround.
- Bedroom 2 has hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, closet and a full en- suite bath.
- Bedroom 3 features wall-to-wall carpeting, crown molding and closet.
- Bedroom 4 has wall-to-wall carpet, closet, built-ins, crown molding and a full en suite bath
- The hall bath comes equipped with a tile floor, vanity with granite counter and a tile shower/tub
- The bonus room has wall-to-wall carpet, a cathedral ceiling, recessed lighting, four single closets and a walk-in closet across from a full en-suite bath with shower/tub.
- The spacious central hallway includes front and rear staircases to the main level and an additional staircase to the third level.
- A multi-purpose room occupies the third level. Wall-to-wall carpet, three front dormer windows, built-ins and access to attic storage.
- Finished in keep with the standards of the rest of the house, the recreation room has wall-to-wall carpet, beadboard wainscoting, recessed lighting and built-in cabinets and shelves for storage of games and toys.
- The media room would be perfect as a home theater with wall-to-wall carpet and recessed lighting.
- The guest room has wall-to-wall carpet, built-in storage and a full en suite bath with tile shower
- Perfect for an aficionado, the wine cellar has a tile floor, custom mahogany racks, granite counter tops and is climate controlled.
- The utility room has ample storage space.
- Wraparound front porch – 2011
- New bluestone patio – 2011
- New sidewalks – 2010
- New garage door system with panel and security code entrance – 2010
- Home theater room with surround sound – 2010
- Heated and finished 2-car garage – 2010
- 2005 Renovation includes HardiPlank “no rot” trim on the steps and windows, new copper gutters, new windows, fully wired and FIOS ready, new roof with 50-year guarantee, 3 commercial air conditioners, 5-zone baseboard heating with two boilers, rough plumbing on the third level for a future full bath, custom boulder retaining wall, new landscaping, underground sprinkler system and dry well.
- Private guest or in-law suite with full bath
- Outdoor fireplace with blue stone patio
- Mahogany floor and new ceiling fans in the wraparound porch
- Surveillance cameras throughout the house and all play areas with monitor from the Kitchen and Master bedroom TVs
- Brinks security system
- Paved driveway with Belgian block curbs and additional parking
- Deep, private backyard
- Professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, foundation shrubbery, specimen plantings and established lawns
Lot Size: .78 Acre
2011 Taxes: $27,676
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.