Upgraded Modern Colonial in Deerfield SectionMillburn/Short Hills
21 Troy Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 21 Troy Dr
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 2 full, 2 half
Listing For Sale: 21 Troy Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
A short ride through the meandering tree-lined streets in the desirable Deerfield section of Short Hills brings you to 21 Troy Drive. Classic charm perfectly mixed with modern upgrades throughout highlight this spacious 4 bedroom and 2 full and 2 half bath Colonial. The home sits on nearly half an acre of stunning property with tall trees and mature greenery.
The open and spacious first level has excellent flow for both entertaining and daily family life. Abundant light streams through large windows into the elegant formal Living Room with attractive hardwood floors enhanced by the impressive dentil molding and focal fireplace – a perfect setting for intimate gatherings and grand festivities alike. An equally elegant formal Dining Room can comfortably accommodate any sized party. Continue on into the chefs’ dream kitchen outfitted with custom cherry cabinetry, stunning rain forest marble counters, limestone backsplash and top of the line appliances. In addition to the walk-in pantry, the 1st level laundry room doubles as a strategically placed Powder Room right off of the rear door to the home, perfect for guests and family alike to use when going back and forth from the sprawling backyard. Picture yourself sitting comfortably in the breakfast area while gazing out through the triple sliding glass doors to view the lush backyard greenery or relaxing in the adjacent Family Room. A conveniently located library serves all your work at home needs and a lavish Powder Room with onyx tile floor completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level where 4 expansive bedrooms and 2 full baths assure everyone has their own private retreat. The Master Suite beckons with plenty of light, an attractive walk-in closet with decorative sliding door entry and a spa-like en suite bath highlighted by a walk-in shower with frameless glass enclosure, featuring slate and river stone tile. 3 additional generous bedrooms with large windows, roomy custom closets and a convenient hall bath meet the needs of everyone.
And there’s more… the lower level provides so many potential options for use while the large upper rear deck, lower stone patio and sprawling lawns are ideally suited for outdoor entertaining…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbeque grill and room for all your outdoor hobbies.
This extensive and updated property is ready and waiting for the right family to call it home…Top-notch schools, great shopping and restaurants and easy access to NYC, 21 Troy Drive is the perfect place to call home!
Floor by Floor Details of 21 Troy Drive, Short Hills
- Foyer with hardwood flooring, light fixture, coat closet, dentil molding
- Family Room with hardwood flooring, recessed lights, crown molding, large picture window with two side windows, sliders to rear deck, open to eat-in kitchen and Living Room
- Dining Room with hardwood flooring, recessed lights, French doors, alcove with marble top, closet, 3 windows with plantation shutters
- Kitchen with walk-in Pantry, hardwood flooring, recessed lights, eating area with light fixture and triple sliders give access to deck, rain forest marble countertops, limestone backsplash, KitchenAid 4-burner cooktop, electric wall oven and warming drawer, Sharp microwave drawer, Bosch dishwasher, built-in SubZero wood-paneled fridge, stainless steel sink, built-in desk
- Laundry Room with ½ Bath, counter top with sink and cabinet above, closet with shelving, stone floor, 2 windows with shutters
- Powder Room with onyx tile floor, decorative pedestal sink with limestone top with mirror and light fixture above, toilet, window
- Library with hardwood flooring, wood built-ins, skylight, built-in loft bookshelf with ladder, built-in desk, picture window and additional window, built-in lamp sconces
- Living Room with hardwood flooring, dentil molding, wood-burning fireplace with wood mantel, stone hearth and surround, 2 large picture windows with two side windows each
- Landing off stairs with carpet runner, light fixture, hall closet and pull down stairs to attic
- Master Bedroom with hardwood flooring, light fixture, 3 windows with plantation shutters, walk-in closet with custom shelving and dressing area, window
- Master Bath with sliding door entry, window, Kohler sink with furniture style vanity with storage below, light fixture, slate floor, slate and river stone frameless glass enclosure shower with mosaic decorative inlay and two shower heads
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood flooring, 2 windows, light fixture, closet with sliding door
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood flooring, recessed lighting, 2 closets, 2 windows
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood flooring, 2 windows, closet, light fixture
- Hall Bath with tile floor and decorative inset, pedestal sink with mirror and light above and storage below, light fixture, shower over tub with subway tile and decorative inset and two shower heads, toilet
- Recreation Room with tile flooring, recessed lighting, storage closets, mirrored wall, 2 doorways to utility room and entry to garage
- Storage/Utility Room
- Mahogany rear deck and stone patio
- Flagstone front walkway
- Renovated kitchen and baths
- New Pella windows throughout
- Multi-zone Central HVAC
- Built-in 2-car garage with automatic garage door opener and storage space
- Private backyard
- Professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, shrubbery and sprawling lawns
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.