Location and Condition, Just 1 Block from Train!Chatham
28 Coleman Ave W, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 28 Coleman Ave W
- 3 full
28 Coleman Ave W, Chatham, NJ 07928
New Listing For Sale! Call The Sue Adler Team for More Information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 28 Coleman Avenue West, a lovingly upgraded home on a picturesque tree-lined street in the heart of the desirable Manor District of Chatham.
Step right into the warm and inviting Living Room featuring gleaming hardwood floors and an elegant gas fireplace that acts as the focal point of the room. It’s the perfect place to gather with family and friends on a festive occasion or to simply cozy up and the end of the day with a book. Proceed through a broad entry into the updated Kitchen and Breakfast Room. Renovated in 2006, the custom kitchen will surely impress even the fussiest of chefs. The rich hued cherry cabinetry highlighted by fine granite and stainless steel appliances provides the perfect place to prepare a quick snack or a gourmet recipe, while the adjacent Breakfast Room is conveniently located for serving all your special creations. After the meal, step through the French doors to take some time to unwind in the screened-in Sun Porch with attractive mahogany floors and equally attractive views of the property. Enjoy true privacy thanks to a lush canopy of trees and shrubs.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day, 5 bedrooms and 3 Full Baths assure that everyone can enjoy their own personal space. 2 spacious bedrooms on the first level assure family and guests enjoy easy access to a Hall Bath and 3 additional bedrooms and 2 full baths on the second level provide many additional options for use. Enjoy the open and airy feel of the Master Bedroom Suite highlighted by vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, plenty of closet space and an elegant En Suite Bath.
And there’s more… the lower level of the home is complete with a spacious carpeted Recreation Room that’s the perfect space for day and night family fun. A large unfinished area is equipped with a full Laundry Room set-up and a large open space with easy access to utilities as well as plenty of built-in shelving.
Positioned to take full advantage of all Chatham has to offer, just blocks from Blue Ribbon schools, downtown shopping and NYC transportation, 28 Coleman Avenue West brings generous interior spaces, a prime location and a pretty setting together into one fabulous package.
Floor by Floor Details of 28 Coleman Avenue West, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with ceramic tile floor, double hung coat closet, light fixture and center staircase
- Living Room with hardwood floors, gas fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and slate hearth, crown moldings, recessed lighting, bay window with shades, surround sound system with 5 speakers, wall bracket for TV and French doors to Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Breakfast Room with ceramic tile floors, recessed lighting, iron chandelier, window with shades, sound system wiring and French door to screened in Sun Porch
- Kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry with display shelving, granite counters, ceramic tile backsplash, breakfast bar with glass fronted accent cabinet below, stainless steel appliances including LG refrigerator/freezer, Frigidaire 4 burner range/oven, Frigidaire microwave, KitchenAid dishwasher, sink with disposal and instant hot, built-in desk area with cork board and cabinets above; access to lower level
- Screened-In Sun Porch with mahogany floor, hip roof, ceiling fan with light and paneled wall
- Full Hallway Bath with jetted tub and hand held shower head, ceramic tile floor and walls, vanity with Zodiac quartz counter top, medicine cabinet and window with faux wood blinds
- Bedroom #4 with carpet (hardwood below), 2 windows with faux wood blinds, supplemental baseboard heater, double door walk-in closet with built-in shelves
- Bedroom #5 with carpet (hardwood below), crown moldings, ceiling fan with light, 2 windows with faux wood blinds, double closet with built-in shelving, built-in credenza/bookshelf
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors and large linen closet with built-in shelving and pull-down stairs for access to heating and AC units
- Master Bedroom featuring vaulted ceiling, hardwood floors, window with blinds, walk-in closet with built-in shelving, additional walk-in closet with window, built-in dresser and en suite bath with Corian topped vanity, bead board ½ wall, built-in mirror, 2 windows with blinds, walk-in shower with glass door, hand held shower head, built-in seat and shelf and mosaic tile accents
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, recessed lights, ceiling fan with light, walk-in closet with built-in shelving, built-in dresser and bookshelf, windows on 2 sides with blinds, access to large attic storage area
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, window with shades, double closet and ceiling fan with light
- Hall Bath featuring double sink vanity with Corian counters and cabinets below, 2 mirrors, separate commode area with pocket doors, shower over tub, ceramic tile floor with glass tile accents, medicine chest
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lights and grade level windows
- Unfinished utility area with Maytag washer and dryer, utility sink, extensive built-in shelving, supplemental refrigerator, and access to garage
- 2 Zone forced air Heating/AC (first floor unit new (2015)
- Hot Water Heater (2014)
- Back-up whole house generator (2013)
- Roof (2013)
- Hardwood floors in Living Room (2013)
- Water softener (2010)
- Kitchen remodel (2006)
- 1-car Garage with extensive built-in shelving, electric door and access to backyard
- Professionally landscaped property with brick paver walkways, side patio, underground irrigation in front and back yard
- Security system
- Sump pump and French drains in lower level
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.