355 Woodland Rd, Madison, NJ 07940
- 3 full, 1 half
- $4,131 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Fabulously restored turn of the century Farmhouse with high-end design and amenities! Move right in to this Like New 4 Bedroom, 3 and ½ Bath home located in sought after Madison just minutes from downtown, blue ribbon schools and midtown direct transportation. No detail has been overlooked and no expense spared in this amazing, functional renovation that embraces the home’s vintage vibe. Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Stunning Master Bedroom Retreat with exquisite Master Bath with chic custom cabinetry, oversized rain shower and basket weave tile. All other bathrooms done to perfection with high end finishes throughout. Delightful front porch, original hardwood floors throughout (wide plank on 3rd floor), high ceilings, all new period appropriate windows, original 3-story staircase and neutral paint tones throughout. Finished Lower Level with Recreation Room. 2 Laundry hookups. Rare opportunity to own this decidedly modern renovation with all the perks of a charming, traditional farmhouse!
Drive up to 355 Woodland Avenue and you know you have reached somewhere special. The idyllic, relaxed porch, perfect for rocking chairs and lemonade, is just waiting for breezy afternoons with family and friends. Enter through the original warm wood Entry Door into the elegant Entry Foyer and take in the high ceilings, all new period moldings and stunning hardwood floors that carry through the entire 1st floor. Flow easily in the light and bright Living Room adorned by farmhouse windows, hardwood floors and soothing paint colors. Dinner parties are divine in the large Formal Dining Room which has plenty of room to accommodate both a Dining and Family Area. Flow from the Dining Room into the Gourmet Kitchen that will satisfy every chef’s desire. Custom, crisp white cabinetry, granite countertops, farm sink, glass front cabinets and high-end stainless steel appliances are the best in form and function. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Area with a magnificent light fixture with filament lighting and copious windows with views of the tranquil backyard. Not a thing will be out of place in the nearby Mud Room Area complete with storage and custom bench. A tasteful Powder Room, complete with custom cabinetry, stone countertop and hardwood floors, rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stately, original 3-story staircase to the 2nd Floor Landing which leads to exceptional design at every corner. Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom with gleaming hardwood floors, generous windows, Walk-In Closet and 2nd double Door Closet. It doesn’t get better than the Master Bathroom with stunning marble tile, oversized rain shower and a custom double vanity in cool, soothing grey. Bedroom 2 is steeped in sunlight and includes generous closet space. The large, renovated 2nd floor Full Hallway Bath dazzles with custom wood vanity with marble, subway tile, large shower and even a laundry hookup. The Third Floor boasts Bedrooms 3 and 4 with plenty of light and closet space, and another superbly renovated Full Bathroom complete with custom wood vanity with marble and chic, modern tile throughout.
And there’s more…The finished Lower Level with Recreation Room will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Whether it’s movie watching, children’s art studio and/or exercise room, the Lower Level provides all the space you need for any pursuit. A second laundry room rounds out this level.
And it doesn’t end there. Easily accessed from the Kitchen, relax in the large, level backyard that flows effortlessly from inside. A 2 car garage, with charming new electric garage doors, is gracefully situated on the rear property.
This truly is an amazing opportunity to own rare like new construction with the vintage, classic style of an old farmhouse. Walking distance from downtown, close to NYC transportation, and Madison shopping and restaurants, 355 Woodland Avenue is an absolute must see!
Floor by Floor Details of 355 Woodland Rd, Madison, NJ 07940
- Front porch with beadboard ceiling
- Original wood entry door
- Entry foyer featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, 2 flush mount light fixtures with drum shades
- Coat Closet
- Powder Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with fan, wood vanity with storage and stone countertop, mirror with wood trim, 2 light sconce
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, pocket doors, crown molding, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture
- Dining Room (can also be flexibly used as Family Room) featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom white wood cabinetry, leathered granite countertops, farm sink, bridge faucet with gooseneck spout, fixture with sprayer, recessed lighting, stainless steel LG refrigerator, stainless steel Bosch dishwasher, stainless steel LG 6 burner oven/range, Dry Bar/Butler’s Pantry with white custom wood cabinetry, glass door cabinetry, wine storage, Mudroom Area with storage, beadboard detail, hooks and bench, Door to backyard
- Breakfast Area featuring modern chandelier with filament lighting, hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding
- Elegant wood staircase to 2nd Level
- 2nd Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture
- Renovated Hall Bathroom featuring wood look tile flooring, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, 3 light sconce, recessed lighting, fan, wood framed mirror, shower/tub combination with subway tile surround with mosaic tile accent, hookup for 2nd floor laundry
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Walk-In Closet, 2nd Closet with double doors,
- Ensuite Master Bathroom featuring marble tile flooring, custom grey wood double vanity, 4 light sconce, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, fan, oversized shower featuring rain showerhead, handheld shower, recessed lighting, subway tile, basket weave marble inlay, basket weave marble tile floor, marble seat
- Bedroom 2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with drum shade, double door Closet
- 3rd Floor Landing featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture
- Bedroom 3, spanning from front to back of house, featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Walk-In Closet
- Bedroom 4 featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with drum shade, Closet
- Renovated Full Bath featuring wood look tile flooring, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, 3 light sconce, fan, wood framed mirror, shower with subway tile and mosaic penny tile flooring
- Storage Closet
- Recreation Room
- Laundry Room
- Bilco door to backyard
- 2 car detached garage with new electric garage doors
- Large, level yard
- New roof
- All new Plumbing
- All new Electrical
- All new Andersen 400 Series Windows
- Toto toilets in Bathrooms
- Grohe rainfall showerhead in Master Bedroom
- Original pocket doors in Living Room and Dining Room
- Heat/AC – 2 zones
- Sump pump
#madisonnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 3 | 1
- 4 | 2
- 4 | 1
- 2 | 2
About MadisonVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Cultured, cosmopolitan and quaint - that’s Madison, which is also home to two universities. It attracts professionals commuting to New York and to some of the big name companies located nearby, including Novartis, Kraft, Schering-Plough and Wyeth. Its popular moniker, Rose City, derives from bygone days when Madison was famous for the beautiful roses raised at nurseries in and around the town. Every year, Madison has an event called Bottle Hill Day. During this time, the community is able to come down to the center of town to celebrate the community with games, food, music, and a variety of activities for as many as 20,000 participants.
Madison School Information
The Madison Public Schools system is rightly praised for the great all-round education it offers. The district is committed to delivering a curriculum that challenges the brightest students while supporting those with different learning needs and styles.
For elementary pupils there are three neighborhood schools: Kings Road, Central Avenue, and Torey J. Sabatini. Pupils come together at Madison Junior School for grades 7-8, and high school students attend Madison High School.
Madison High School was recently praised by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for providing “a rich, broad and diverse educational program” for its students. It offers four world languages (Spanish, French, German, & Italian) and 16 Advanced Placement courses, including calculus, computer science, and environmental health. In addition to the rich academic environment, the school is proud of the many character and service opportunities for students. There are dozens of clubs and 23 interscholastic sports. Madison High School features 45 athletic teams in 18 sports and they have clinched an array of conference, county and state titles. Every year its music students are chosen for regional and state select performing groups. Madison High School recently completed a construction project providing additional facilities and space for both curricular and extra-curricular programs.
Additional construction work at Madison Junior School made room for transitioning the sixth grade out of the elementary schools and into the Junior School.
Madison is home to two universities: at Drew University there are around 2,500 students based at the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies in the 186-acre wooded campus. The classically collegiate Madison-Florham Park Campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University is nationally and internationally renowned for its research, academic leadership and innovative curricula. It is home to more than 2,400 undergraduates and over 1,100 students.
An amazing advantage of living in a place so steeped in academia is the opportunity extended to local people by the universities. Sample the Drew University Minicourses at Madison public library or hear a world-class public lectures from speakers such as Bill Clinton, Gerald Ford, Henry Kissinger, Al Gore, Rudy Gullianni, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Colin Powell.
Fairleigh Dickinson’s Community program includes the Institute for Lifelong Learning, which aims to enrich the lives of senior citizens through cultural, educational and social activities. For a small fee, members may join undergraduate or graduate courses – and there are day trips, art classes, line dancing and aerobics, as well as a repertory company which entertains in area nursing homes and hospitals.
The popular Adult School of Chatham, Madison, and Florham Park offers a fabulous selection of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses in business and legal issues.
There’s plenty to keep the kids stimulated and happy outside of school in Madison, from the Summer Institute for the Gifted at Drew University and the academic and computer classes at Imagine Tomorrow, to the Language Workshop for Children. More great activities are at Oasis Summer Day Camp and the Madison YMCA.
Madison Commuting Info
From Madison Station in the center of town, commuters can take NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct service, reaching New York Penn Station in around 50 minutes. Madison is on the Morristown branch of the Morris and Essex Line, with trains for the Hoboken terminal and connections to lower New York City.
There’s parking in nearby lots. Parking permits for commuters and residents are administered by Madison Police Department; the application form can be downloaded from the website. Bike racks are also available at the station.
For just $1 a trip the Last MileShuttle/Madison runs between Madison Railroad Station and East Hanover, stopping at several work locations in the area, including Novartis and Kraft Foods. The Morris County Metro bus travels between Madison, Livingston and Greystone Park, stopping at Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Chatham, Morristown and Morris Plains en route.
By car, Routes 24 and 287, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 25 minute drive away. Madison is also just ten minutes by car to Morristown Municipal Airport
Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry, the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
Madison BLOG POSTS
A Sweet Treat for Autism Speaks – Sue Adler’s Sea Side Salt Water Taffy!READ MORE
Happy May Day!READ MORE
Sue Adler Team 2016 Market ReviewREAD MORE
- 51 Minutes to NYC