Stunning 6 Bedroom South Orange Tudor
- 4 full, 2 half
- $3,230 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
New Listing For Sale! 356 Harding Dr, South Orange, NJ 07079
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 356 Harding Drive, a sunlit updated Tudor on a quiet, peaceful street near the South Mountain Reservation. With six large bedrooms, four full and two half bathrooms, you’ll have ample room to grow your family and entertain guests. Every inch of 356 Harding has been upgraded with all the old-world details kept in tact. Walk through the professionally landscaped front yard on the lovely brick path to open the grand front door. A lovely detailed tiled entry vestibule gives you space to clean your shoes, while two coat closets in the foyer lets your family hide away all your coats and shoes. A magnificent center staircase greets you and guests as you come home, with the original iron railing running all the way to the third floor.
Fine oak hardwood floors run throughout the first floor, into the giant Formal Dining Room that is lined with high, handsome, wood wainscoting. Notice the original leaded glass doors—now surrounded by double sided glass—as you walk into the three-season porch. Marvel at the sleek slate floors and original wood ceiling. The porch leads out to the large Backyard Deck, which features a covered area for your grill. From the Deck, your summer party guests can revel at the beautiful, landscaped and wooded backyard that sits down below.
In the Formal Living Room, there is a gorgeous, original stone fireplace that has been upgraded with a gas fire for your ease of use. Against the wall, you’ll notice the functional yet stunning built-in bookshelves and cabinets. You can host everything from family game night to posh holiday parties in this magnificent space. Off the Living Room is a cozy den for nightly relaxing in front of the television. Off the Kitchen, there is a convenient Powder Room with custom marble sink. The large Eat-In Kitchen is every chef’s dream: the first thing you will notice is the commercial grade, six-burner double oven Garland range. Other top-of-the-line appliances include a Miele dishwasher and Sub Zero refrigerator. Silestone countertops offer plenty of prep space and a convenient pantry gives you enough room to store all odds and ends.
To head to the Second Level, either walk up the back staircase off the Kitchen or the front stairway in the Foyer. There are two Hallway Bathrooms on this level: one for the kids and one for guests. The first Hallway Bathroom features double sinks, custom cabinets with marble countertops, and a bathtub/shower combination. The next Hallway Bathroom has a beautifully tiled stall shower, as well as more custom cabinetry and a double sink. There are four Bedrooms on the Second Floor, all with gorgeous hardwood floors and historic details, including the home’s original door handles. Bedroom #2 and Bedroom #4 both have two closets, while Bedroom #3 includes a stunning built-in TV cabinet and a large closet. When the day is done, retreat to the huge Master Bedroom, large enough to accommodate a king-sized bed and more. The first closet has custom storage shelves and hanging rods, while the second walk-in closet is a true masterpiece. This giant closet includes rows of shoe shelves, several hanging rods, and enough room so you will never have to fight over closet space again. The en-suite Master Bath includes a sunken bathtub with air bubble jets and a separate stall shower, as well as more custom cabinetry to store your linens and cosmetics.
Glide up to the Third Level to find two more large Bedrooms, a fully finished storage room, and another full bathroom. The Third Floor is the perfect space for your live-in nanny, long-term guests, or your in-laws. There is ample room for their privacy, plus the Hallway Bathroom is complete with porcelain tile, marble countertops, and custom cabinetry. Back down in the Finished Basement, you’ll have plenty of space to let the kids play in the Recreation Room while you work out in the separate, carpeted Exercise Room. Additionally, there is a large Laundry Room with extra refrigerator for storage plus an attached, oversized two-car garage. From roof to foundation, 356 Harding has everything you need to live comfortably.
South Orange is a top-rated community with excellent schools, incredible outdoor space, and easy access to New York City. Catch the Jitney to the South Orange train station in the morning to get Manhattan in less than 40 minutes via the Midtown Direct train line. Spend your weekends hiking in the South Mountain Reservation, catching a show at the South Orange Performing Arts Center, or enjoying fine shopping at the nearby Mall at Short Hills. South Orange is close to the Garden State Parkway, Route 24, Route 78, and offers easy access to the Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, and George Washington Bridge.
Floor by Floor Details of 356 Harding Dr, South Orange, NJ 07079
- Entry vestibule with custom, decorative tile and a coat closet
- Foyer with oak hardwood floors, chandelier, and coat closet
- Living Room with oak hardwood floors, gas fireplace with stone surround and tile hearth, recessed lighting, built-in bookshelves and cabinets with limestone countertop, and large windows
- Den with oak hardwood floors, recessed lighting, and custom window treatments
- Dining Room with oak hardwood floors, chandelier, dark wood wainscoting, recessed lighting, doors to sun room with original leaded glass windows surrounded by double-sided glass
- Sun Room with slate floors, detailed wood ceiling, two ceiling fans, sliding glass doors to outside, and access to outdoor deck
- Powder Room with marble floor and stone, custom made sink with rod iron legs
- Eat-In Kitchen with stone floor, Silestone countertops, wood cabinets, porcelain farmhouse sink, Garland commercial grade range with six-burners and a double oven, stainless steel Miele dishwasher, stainless steel Sub Zero refrigerator, double pantry, and built-in storage
- Master Bedroom with oak hardwood floors, closet with custom storage shelves, large walk-in closet with custom storage, and en-suite bathroom
- Master Bathroom with tile floors, separate bathtub with air bubble jets, stall shower with glass door and handheld shower nozzle, custom linen storage cabinet, original window with frosted glass
- Bedroom #2 with oak hardwood floors, closet with custom storage shelves, closet with hanging rods, and ceiling fan
- Bedroom #3 with oak hardwood floors, custom built-in television cabinet with additional drawers, large closet with sliding doors and shelves, additional closet with shelving
- Bedroom #4 with oak hardwood floors, closet with custom storage shelves, closet with hanging rods, and built-in bookshelves and cabinets
- Hallway Bathroom #1 with stone tile, shower over tub with porcelain tile, custom marble vanity with double sinks, custom storage cabinets
- Hallway Bathroom #2 with travertine tile/marble floors, granite countertops, custom vanity with double sinks, stall shower with glass door and full body spray jets
- Hallway Linen Closet
- Bedroom #5 with pine hardwood floors, storage closet, and access to large finished attic storage area
- Bedroom #6 with pine hardwood floors and large closet
- Hallway Bathroom with custom marble vanity, stall shower with porcelain tile and seat, medicine cabinet, and custom storage
- Hallway Cedar Closet
- Storage Room
- Finished recreation room with hardwood pine floor
- Exercise Room with wall-to-wall carpeting and large storage area
- Powder Room with pedestal sink and tile floor
- Laundry Room with Maytag
Additional Features and Upgrades
- ADT Security System
- 3 Zone Central A/C
- Fresh Interior Paint (2015/2016)
- Newly paved driveway (2015)
- Refinished Backyard Deck (2014)
- Professional landscaping with mature trees and specimen plantings
- Oversized two-car attached garage
DETAILS & FEATURES
- Fresh Interior Paint
- Newly paved driveway
- 3 Zone A/C
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About South OrangeVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Township of South Orange Village features a vibrant community, abundant green spaces, and an excellent transit system all within close proximity to New York. The area is full of thriving businesses, artistic and cultural attractions, and shopping destinations, and the rich history of community involvement in South Orange has helped cultivate the friendly atmosphere and effortless living that the township’s residents cherish. The well-maintained parks, preserved natural spaces, community gardens, and clean streets lined with independently owned businesses display the down-to-earth, compassionate character of South Orange. Residents revel in the ability to live in a relaxing and social area that offers convenient access to New York while preserving the feeling of easy living. This family-friendly locale is a commuter’s dream! [optima_express_toppicks id="236521" sortBy="pd" displayType="grid" resultsPerPage="6" header="false" includeMap="false"]
South Orange School Information
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange Schools
|10Deerfield Elementary School||PK-5||26 Troy Ln, Short Hills, NJ 07078|
South Orange Commuting Info
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
South Orange BLOG POSTS
2017 Maplewood / South Orange New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 31 Minutes to NYC