41 Wordsworth Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
41 Wordsworth Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 41 Wordsworth Rd
- Short Hills
- 3 full, 1 half
Listing for Sale! 41 Wordsworth Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-936-9129!
Picture perfect 4 bedroom, 3 ½ bath meticulously maintained home with charming cedar shake siding on family friendly, quiet street (no through traffic!) in the heart of Short Hills’ Poet Section with Blue Ribbon schools (Hartshorn Elementary) and nearby NYC transportation. Amazing house for entertaining with fabulous open floor plan and easy flow between indoors and outdoors. Graceful Living and Dining Rooms with elegant millwork, stunning and spacious Family Room addition flowing into a Chef’s Dream Kitchen. Breakfast Room with abundant sunlight and easy access to level, private professionally landscaped backyard with patio. Renovated Master Suite with luxurious bath and 3 other sunny and spacious bedrooms (1 with renovated ensuite bath). Large Ground Level perfect for children’s playroom, recreation room or game room. Don’t miss this special opportunity to own this timelessly elegant home!
Welcome to 41 Wordsworth Road! Move right in to this perfectly designed sanctuary on one of the Poet Section’s best blocks in the heart of Short Hills. Renovated from top to bottom, with a seamless open floorplan and ample living space, this home features 4 gracious bedrooms, 3 ½ baths and stunning upgrades throughout. Simply put, 41 Wordsworth is a model of absolute perfection.
Drive up the tree-lined street and admire the gorgeous cedar shingle exterior reminiscent of a Nantucket retreat. The second floor window boxes are ready for spring and the planting of colorful blooms! Walk up the beautiful flagstone walkway to the front door landing just perfect for a rocking chair, flowering planters and lemonade. Enter through the warm, wood Shaker Style Entry Door and become transfixed by all this house has to offer. Enter the spacious and sunlit Foyer with a view straight to the backyard oasis and soak in the beautiful craftsmanship and gleaming hardwood floors that extend throughout the entire 1st and 2nd floors. Move into the sun-drenched Living Room gracefully adorned with beautiful bow-shaped picture windows and a traditional statement fireplace. Dinner parties are divine in the nearby formal Dining Room ready to serve gourmet dinners with fabulous flow to the Kitchen, Living and Family Rooms. Beyond the Dining Room, be amazed by the open and airy Family Room addition featuring gorgeous vistas of the lush backyard. This impressive room, bathed in sunlight, is nothing less than a work of art with its architectural windowed cupola and stunning pendant lantern, copious use of windows and Dry Bar perfect for entertaining guests. Flow from the Family Room into the Gourmet Kitchen that will satisfy any chef’s desire. Custom warm wood cabinetry, granite countertops, Breakfast Bar and top of the line appliances exhibit the best in style and function. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Room with floor to ceiling copious windows flanking a graceful French door. Indoor and outdoor entertaining is seamless in the outdoor entertaining area that flows easily from the Breakfast Room. The custom outdoor patio, with retaining walls graciously cascading around a tasteful circular pattern of pavers, is perfect for an al fresco dinner party or simply hanging out with friends. Just beyond the patio, enjoy complete privacy in the meticulously landscaped level yard. A spacious Mudroom with access to the Garage and a tasteful Powder room with designer travertine sink round out this level.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the lovely staircase with elegant iron railings leads you to the second floor. Walk upstairs to find three generously sized bedrooms, all with crisp off white paint and plenty of natural light. One spacious and well-designed bedroom is complete with a Renovated Ensuite Bathroom, dual closets (1 Walk-In), recessed lighting and fresh neutral off white paint. Two additional bedrooms feature plenty of light and abundant closet space and share the tastefully renovated Hall Full Bath featuring a pedestal sink, subway tile, beadboard wainscoting and hexagonal mosaic tile.
Prepare to be wowed by the Third Level where the Master Bedroom Suite delights with a private and roomy oasis with an arched ceiling and generous windows. The suite is functionally designed with a large Walk-In Closet complete with warm wood custom shelving and drawers. Getting ready is a dream in the en suite spa-like Master Bathroom complete with tumbled tile, large shower with frameless glass door and large double vanity with granite countertops.
And there’s more…The massive Ground Level will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Whether it’s a Recreation Room, Children’s Playroom or Game Room, the this space provides all the space you need for any pursuit. A large Laundry Room (complete with plumbing to add another bathroom) and a walk out entrance to the rear patio rounds out this level.
41 Wordsworth Road is a dream home in every way. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, Gero Park and shopping in downtown Millburn and at The Mall at Short Hills, this home simply cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 41 Wordsworth Road, Short Hills
- 6-Lite Shaker Style Mahogany Exterior Door with classic 18” floor to ceiling sidelite
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, star glass pendant light fixture, French door to Lower Level, Coat Closet, painted off white
- Staircase with iron railings and carpet runner leading to 2nd level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with custom millwork mantel and stone surround, window bay with double hung windows, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting, custom window treatments, large archway leading to Dining Room, painted soothing grey
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, skylight, recessed lighting, in-ceiling speakers, 2 sconces, task lighting, double French doors leading into Kitchen, large archway into Family Room, decorative paint
- Great Room featuring large bow-shaped picture window with casement windows, windowed cupola with pendant lantern light fixture, hardwood flooring, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, arched ceiling, in-ceiling speakers, built-in Dry Bar with seating for 2 and 2 GE Monogram Wine Refrigerators, mosaic tile backsplash at Dry Bar, painted soothing grey
- Renovated Kitchen featuring custom wood cabinetry, Breakfast Bar with seating for 2, granite countertops, marble backsplash, mosaic tile backslash behind cooktop, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, skylights, stainless steel sink with Blanco fixture, Wolf Cooktop, stainless steel GE Monogram Refrigerator, Dacor stainless steel double wall ovens, GE Profile stainless steel microwave, Faber stainless steel fan, built-in Desk Area, 3 pendant lights over breakfast bar, in ceiling speakers
- Breakfast Area featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, in-ceiling speakers, baseboard molding, painted soothing grey, Triple Windows (Center is French Door) out to paver patio with stone walls and circular pattern, painted soothing grey
- Mudroom Area with tile floor, tile baseboard, Double Closet with hanging storage, flush mount light fixture, painted soothing grey, Door to backyard/driveway
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, decorative travertine sink, decorative mirror, 3 light sconce, recessed lighting
- Attached 1 car garage with electric doors
- 2nd 1 car garage is detached
- Stairs down from Entry Foyer
- Recreation Room with laminate wood look flooring, recessed lighting baseboard molding, wood blinds, elliptical machine
- Laundry Room/Storage Room featuring laminate wood look flooring, shelving Kenmore washer and dryer, Door to outside
- Utility Closet
- 2nd Level Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving, pull down attic access, semi-pendant light fixture
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, wood blinds, 2 Closets (1 walk-in), painted neutral off white with Renovated Ensuite Bathroom featuring tile flooring, tile wainscoting, shower with tile surround, basket weave floor tile in shower, frameless glass shower door, wood vanity with storage and Corian countertop, Grohe Faucet, flush mount light fixture, 2 light sconce over sink, recessed light in shower
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, wood blinds, Closet, painted neutral off white
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, wood blinds, Closet, painted neutral off white
- Renovated Full Hallway Bathroom featuring mosaic hexagonal tile flooring, beadboard wainscoting, pedestal sink, 2 light sconce over mirror, semi-flush mount light fixture, bath/shower combination with subway tile surround
- Carpeted Stairway to 3rd Level
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring French door into Master Suite, arched ceiling, carpeting, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with lighting, Walk-in Closet with custom adjustable shelving and drawers, French door into closet, ductless air conditioner (secondary air), woven shades
- Renovated Master Bathroom featuring double wood vanity with storage, granite countertops, recessed lighting, Grohe faucets, custom mirror, makeup mirror, large shower with tumbled tile, frameless glass shower door, tumbled tile floor, separate room for toilet
- 1/3 Acre
- Paver patio with circular stone pattern and retaining walls
- Professionally landscaped with privacy
- Wall trellis
- Level yard
- Outdoor speakers
- Professional outdoor lighting at front door area
- Flagstone front walkway and front landing
- 2 zone irrigation
- Maibec brand cedar shake siding
- All new windows trim and moldings
- 2 zone AC and ductless supplemental air in master suite
- 2 sump pumps
- Plumbing available on Lower Level for bathroom if desired
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.