42 Whittingham Ter, Millburn, NJ 07041
- 2 full, 2 half
- $3,050 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this absolutely magical 4 Bedroom, 2 Full and 2 Half Bath rustic brick colonial located in the heart of South Mountain with Taylor Park at your doorstep! Nestled among gorgeous English Gardens, this bright, gracious home boasts elegant craftsmanship, amazing flow, a generous floor plan and fabulous details throughout. Modern upgrades abound in the renovated Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite and stainless steel appliances. Living Room with stunning built-ins, fireplace and decorative moldings. Formal Dining Room. Spacious Master Bedroom with Master Bath. Without question, the most delightful screened in porch and gardens in Millburn. Truly an entertainer’s dream! Don’t miss all this enchanting home has to offer with top-notch schools, proximity to Midtown Direct Train and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants.
Room by Room Details of 42 Whittingham Terrace, Millburn
- Screened in front porch featuring brick flooring, bead board ceiling, screens with lattice detail, outdoor curtains, hanging lanterns
- Entry Foyer featuring tile flooring, decorative crown molding, wainscoting, built in shelf, Coat Closet, Closet with floor to ceiling shelving, staircase to Second Level, decorative shelf, step up area to Office/Den
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, original custom built ins with open and concealed storage, fireplace with original wood mantel and brick surround, decorative crown molding, wainscoting, window treatments
- Dining Room featuring parquet flooring, 2 original corner china cabinets, detailed crown molding, baseboard molding, chair rail, picture window overlooking yard
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring tile flooring, custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, mosaic glass tile backsplash, sliding French doors, Breakfast Area, under cabinet lighting, recessed lighting, flush mount light fixture, GE stainless steel refrigerator, Bosch stainless dishwasher, Kenmore stainless 5 burner oven/range, commercial style fixture, window shades
- Rear Hallway with metallic penny tile, built in storage, recessed light, custom painted ceiling
- Powder Room featuring metallic penny tile, wall mount sink, Vigo fixture, 2 light sconce, custom painted ceiling
- Den/Office featuring bamboo flooring, custom built ins with open and concealed storage, wainscoting, detailed crown molding, wood blinds
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, arched ceiling, Linen Closet, semi-flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, 2 Closets, shades and window treatments, crown and baseboard molding, semi-flush mount light fixture
- Master Bathroom featuring floor tile, wood vanity with granite countertop, medicine cabinet, linen closet, architectural octagonal window, tub, shower with glass door, recessed lighting, 2 sconces
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, Closet, shades, crown and baseboard molding, track lighting
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, Closet, roman shades, crown and baseboard molding, chandelier
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring floor tile, subway tile wainscoting, vanity with storage, medicine cabinet, shower with frameless glass door, rain showerhead, light/fan combination, 2 light sconce, glass door hanging cabinet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, Closet, shades, crown and baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture
- Lower Level landing featuring tile flooring, recessed lighting, built in shelving, dehumidifier
- Half Bathroom featuring tile flooring, corner wall mount sink, wall sconce
- Storage Room with floor to ceiling shelving
- Laundry Room featuring carpeting, Maytag top loader washer, Whirlpool dryer, built in upper and lower storage, utility sink
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with brick surround, paneled walls, floor to ceiling open shelving, flush mount light fixture, crown molding, shades
- 2 car tandem garage with original carriage doors
Front and Backyard
- Decorative Stone walls at front with blooming perennials
- Flagstone front walkway flanked by blooming perennials
- Rear “English Garden” with bluestone patio, topiaries, shade trees and blooming perennials
- Patio has areas for both al fresco dining, conversation area and lounge chairs
- 6 foot cedar fence enclosing backyard
- Half moon brick staircase to Kitchen
#millburnnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About MillburnVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The town of Millburn was established over 150 years ago, and its rich history imbues the area with its classic, old-world charm, marked by gorgeous architecture including Colonial, Tudor, and Victorian style homes. Known for comfortable living and historic elegance, Millburn is a beloved locale that residents adore and celebrate through enthusiastic community spirit. The area was founded and designed by Stewart Hartshorn and is known as the first planned commuter suburb in America. Hartshorn aimed to create “a harmonious community for people who appreciate nature” and a place “where natural beauty would not be destroyed...and people of congenial tastes could dwell together.” His vision still remains in the peaceful, communal, and scenic Millburn/Short Hills area.
Millburn School Information
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
Millburn Commuting Info
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.
Millburn BLOG POSTS
New Listing: 70 Wellington Ave, Short Hills NJ 07078READ MORE
Rocktoberfest – Something for EveryoneREAD MORE
2018 New Jersey Monthly High School Rankings Are Out! Our Midtown Direct Towns Shine!READ MORE
- 34 Minutes to NYC