Brand New DeMarzo Home Sold for 99.8% of List Price!Chatham Twp.
49 Dale Drive Chatham, NJ 07928
- 49 Dale Drive
- Chatham Twp.
Custom New Construction in Rolling Hill Sold by Sue Adler, list price $2,695,000, sale price $2,650,000
Situated on a picturesque, tree-lined street surrounded by multi-million dollar homes in the Rolling Hill section of Chatham, this magnificent newly constructed, custom built home by S. DeMarzo & Sons — local custom builders known for their superior crafted luxury homes — is a true gem. Built to perfection, this home boasts grandeur both inside and outside. Enjoy an open, airy and majestic floor plan with over 7,000 SF of living space where every detail has been well planned and constructed. 6 bedrooms and 6 and 1/2 baths, spa like master suite, a truly magnificent kitchen with professional grade appliances and marble top center island, butler’s pantry, mudroom, library, in-law suite, large flat private yard and so much more.
- Entry foyer with herringbone inlayed flooring, architectural pillars framing dining and living room, and view to backyard
- Living Room with inlayed dark wood floor, deep crown molding, picture window, gas fireplace with marble hearth and architectural detailed mantle.
- Dining Room features inlayed dark wood floor, deep crown molding, picture window, panel wain-scoting and access into Butler’s pantry.
- Gourmet kitchen with dark wood floor, honed black granite counter-tops and carrera marble cen-ter island, Thermador 6-burner gas oven and wall oven with warming drawer, Thermador refrigera-tor and dishwasher, mini office center, deep crown molding, recessed lighting and eating area with French sliders to the patio.
- Butler’s pantry connects the dining room, study, and kitchen and features honed granite counter with sink, wine fridge, Thermador dishwasher and pantry.
- Family room opens to the kitchen and features dark wood floor, coffered ceiling, recessed lights, gas fireplace with marble surround and wired for flat screen TV above and picture windows over-looking the rear yard
- Library with dark wood floor, recessed lights, cherry paneling and built-in cabinets with shelves.
- Mud room with secondary front entry, built-in storage, access to the 3-car garage and back stair-case up to second level.
- Powder room with tile floor and pedestal sink
- Master Bedroom with tray ceiling, hardwood floor, recessed lights, large walk-in closet and dressing area with built-ins
- Master Bath with marble tile floor, recessed lights, double vanity with two sinks, corner tile shower, spa tub, and separate privy room
- Bedroom 2 with hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, closet and shared access to a full bath
- Jack n’ Jill bath with tile floor, double vanity with two sinks, and separate water closet with tile shower/tub and toilet
- Bedroom 3 with hardwood floor, recessed lights, crown molding, closet and shared access to a full bath
- Bedroom 4 with hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, closet and a full en suite bath with tile shower
- Bedroom 5 with hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, closet and a full en suite bath with tile shower
- Laundry room with tile floor, cabinets and sink
- Gathering Room with hardwood floors, recessed lights and wainscoting
- Hallway with closet, main and secondary stairs to the first and third level
- Finished third level with bonus room, storage space and playroom with full bathroom and tile shower
- Recreation room with recessed lights
- Second Kitchen with KitchenAide refrigerator, microwave and sink
- Guest Bedroom with wall to wall carpet, deep closet and wainscoting
- Exercise room with wall to wall carpet and closet
- Full bath with tile floor, recessed lights and vanity
- Utility room
- Multi-zone heat and central air conditioning
- Wire for high speed internet and cable
- Built-in speakers and surround sound system
- Blue stone front walkway
- Covered front entrance
- Secondary front entry
- Paved driveway with additional parking
- Attached 3-car garage with access to lower level
- Bluestone patio with gas line
- Central vacuum system
- Expansive lawns with underground sprinkler system
- Professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, manicured shrubbery, specimen plantings and ornamental trees, established lawns
- Prime Rolling Hill location features tree-lined streets populated by distinctive homes and with easy access to major highways, shopping, recreation, top rated schools and NYC com-muter trains
- Approximately 7,055 sq. ft. of finished space including the lower level
- Built: 2012
- Lot Size: .57 Acres
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.