1904 Renovated Summit Colonial on .71 Acres
- 3 Full and 1 Half
- $7,167 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Elegant craftsmanship is evident both inside and out of this recently renovated turn of the century 5 BR, 3.5 bathroom custom colonial within minutes to train to NYC! Nestled privately on nearly ¾ of an acre of stunningly landscaped property with pond/waterfall and wraparound flagstone patio. Boasts original period details and uniquely sourced materials incorporated seamlessly with the ultimate in modern amenities – excellent flow for entertaining with chef’s kitchen open to sun drenched dining and family rooms. Light filled Master suite with luxurious marble bath, walk-in shower and claw foot tub. Insulated detached garage with workshop and attic storage. Do not miss this private oasis in the heart of Summit!
Room by Room Details of 51 Valley View Avenue
- Entry Foyer with original hardwood floors, front door with diamond patterned glass with sidelights, crown moldings, deep base moldings, chandelier, coat closet, center staircase with period banister, paneled wall and side window, access to Living Room, Living, Mud Room and lower level
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, 4 large windows with grass cloth blinds, broad archway with pocket doors to Dining Room
- Dining Room featuring fireplace with intricately detailed stone mantel, brick surround and tile hearth, hardwood floors, bay window with 3 large windows and window treatments, chandelier; access to Foyer, Kitchen and Powder Room
- Kitchen with wide plank pine hardwood floors, bead board ceiling, custom cabinetry with pietra countertops and glass paned accent cabinets, subway tile backsplash, high end appliances including Viking 6-burner stainless range with center grill and 2 ovens below, pot filler water spout, stucco hood, Sub Zero refrigerator freezer with matching cabinetry panel, Bosch dishwasher (new unit installed 2016) with matching front panel, farmhouse sink with filtered water spout, under cabinet lighting, center island/breakfast bar with white Carrara marble top and cherry cabinetry with brass hardware below and pendant lighting above, retractable step stool, built-in desk alcove with window facing rear patio and yard, walk-in pantry with French door entry and shelving, dining area with iron chandelier and French doors to patio; open to Family Room and access to Mud Room
- Family Room with built-in storage cabinets, wide plank pine hardwood floors, picture window facing backyard, additional window facing side patio, Roman shades, bead board ceiling
- Mud Room with built-in cubbies, laser etched terracotta tile floor sourced from a 16th century church in France, wainscoting, large coat closet, crown moldings, access to rear staircase, lower level and exterior side door
- Powder Room with wide plank pine hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, deep base moldings, pedestal sink, 2 sconces and window with window treatments
- Gallery landing with crown moldings, deep base moldings, hardwood floors and access to rear staircase to Mud Room
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring wide plank hardwood floors, walk-in closet with custom shelving, windows on 3 sides with Roman shades, 2 window nooks with built-in shelving, sitting alcove below window facing side yard, 2 sets of double door closets, ceiling fan, hallway leading to large walk-in closet with custom shelving and en suite bath with marble tile floor with radiant heat, 2 pedestal sinks, 2 built-in medicine cabinets with mirrors, 3 sconces, chandelier, bead board wainscoting, claw foot soaking tub with oval window and window treatments above, walk-in tiled shower with glass door, hand held and rain shower heads
- Bedroom #2 with original hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, double closet with custom shelving, sitting area with 2 windows
- Bedroom #3 with original hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, built-in desk with side shelving, windows on 2 sides, ceiling fan with light, window seat sitting alcove with wall sconces, walk-in closet with custom shelving
- Office with French door entry, original hardwood floors, crown moldings, 2 full walls of built-in shelves/bookcases/storage cabinets, crown moldings 3 windows with grass cloth shades, chandelier
- Full Hallway Bath featuring mosaic hexagon tiled floor, crown moldings, 2 sink vanity with Carrara marble counter and storage below, large framed mirror above, chandelier and 3 pendant lights, shower over jetted tub with hand held shower head, wainscoting, subway tile wall, window with window treatments, linen closet with built-in shelving
- Staircase with arched window leading to landing with original hardwood floors
- Bedroom #4 with angled ceiling, arched window, original hardwood floors, access to large cedar closet and storage area, track lighting, additional storage closet
- Bedroom #5 with original hardwood floors, closet with access to spacious walk out attic storage, angled ceiling
- Full Hall Bath with wainscoting, pedestal sink and fixture above, mosaic tile floor, exposed brick wall, angled ceiling, walk-in shower tiled shower with built-in bench and hand held and rain shower heads
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, folding surface, utility sink
- Large unfinished storage area with terracotta wine racks
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lighting, track lighting, surround sound system, baseboard heat, double door closet with built-in shelving, grade level windows, exterior access through Bilco doors
- Originally built circa 1904 with 2002-2010 major renovation including replacement of all windows, roof, electrical system and water pipes
- 2-Car detached garage (remodeled in 2010) with electric doors, insulated walls, paneled workshop with built-in tool shelving, fluorescent lighting, 2 large windows and French doors to stone patio, attic storage
- Lower level recreation room painted and carpeted (2015)
- Exterior painting (2013)
- 2-tiered professionally landscaped property including 2 retaining walls surrounding flagstone patio that wraps around to driveway, koi pond, large flat lawns, specimen trees and plantings, underground irrigation system
- 2-Zone gas heat/AC – Zone 2 (second and third floors) replaced July 2017, American Standard)
- Sump pumps
- New hot water heater installed June 2016 (permit available)
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Summit, New Jersey is a scenic and highly sought after locale with gorgeous homes and an upscale town center. The township features exquisite estates, charming family homes, cozy townhouses, and fabulous condominiums, all set within a peaceful and social community. Summit’s location makes transportation to New York extremely convenient, and its award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities, and rich history is impossible to upstage. Summit residents love to call this community their home! Check out burbio for all Summit events, schools, and other helpful info! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Summit School Information
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
Summit Commuting Info
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.
Summit BLOG POSTS
Union County Awards $500k in Grants for Better Playground AccessREAD MORE
Sue Adler Team 2017 Market ReviewREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC