53 Tennyson Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
53 Tennyson Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 53 Tennyson Dr
- Short Hills
New Listing for Sale! 53 Tennyson Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Move right in to this gorgeously maintained and renovated 4 Bedroom, 3 ½ Bath split level in the sought after Poet’s Section of Short Hills with proximity to New York City, easy access to Midtown Direct train service and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants at the Short Hills Mall and downtown Millburn. Situated on a beautiful tree-lined street, this home is move-in ready! Beautiful details and updates include stunning renovated Chef’s Kitchen, renovated Bathrooms, spacious and sunny Family Room, well-designed floor plan and easy access between indoors and outdoors for entertaining. 53 Tennyson Drive, located in one of Short Hill’s most coveted neighborhoods, simply cannot be missed!
Welcome to 53 Tennyson Drive, a picture perfect 4 Bedroom, 3 and ½ Bath home, located in the sought after Poet’s section of Short Hills, which hits all of the right notes. Enjoy all this home has to offer with top notch schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct train and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants. Drive up the winding, tree-lined street and stroll right up the charming brick walkway and bluestone steps to the welcoming front door. Step inside the Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors and generous Coat Closet. Enter the blissful sun drenched Living Room with a large bay window, hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting and a classic fireplace with lovely millwork and stone surround. Flow easily into the luminous Dining Room with easy access to the lovely brick patio making indoor and outdoor entertaining effortless. The open and airy adjacent Family Room, painted crisp white and with a gorgeous brick fireplace, is perfect for family game night or entertaining friends. Gourmet meals are a snap in the beautifully renovated Chef’s Kitchen featuring cherry Wood-Mode cabinetry, glass front cabinet for china display, granite and Corian countertops, stainless steel Viking range and stainless steel Sub-Zero refrigerator.
Take a few steps down from the Kitchen to the spacious hallway with access to the 2 car garage, the backyard and plenty of space to serve as a mudroom with cubbies. Walk down the hallway to find a spacious and bright Office/Playroom featuring white paneling, carpeting, built-ins, recessed lighting and 2 windows. A Utility Room off of the Hallway, with 8’ ceilings, serves as a Laundry Room and has plenty of additional space to be used as a Recreation Room, Playroom, Office, Wine Cellar and/or Workspace. A convenient Powder Room rounds out this space.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk upstairs to find 3 generously sized bedrooms, all with crisp white paint and plenty of natural light. Bedroom #1 is spacious and well-designed with an Ensuite Bathroom, a built-in desk area and fresh neutral off white paint. Bedrooms 2 and 3 feature plenty of light and abundant closet space. Bedrooms 2 and 3 share the gorgeously renovated Hall Full Bath featuring a pedestal sink, tub/shower combination, tile floor, wood framed medicine cabinet, sconces and wood blinds.
Privacy abounds on the 3rd Level with the open and roomy Master Bedroom Suite encompassing the entire 3nd floor. The Master Suite boasts tons of sunlight from a gorgeous picture window and 3 closets so that everything will be neatly tucked away. The Renovated Ensuite Master Bathroom features a wood vanity with plenty of storage, bath/shower combination with tasteful subway tile surround, tile flooring and an attractive 3-lamp sconce over the mirror. And there’s more! The picturesque, large and flat backyard, with lush green grass and beautiful brickwork throughout, is the perfect place for al fresco dining or spending time with family and friends. With its redone brick patio, flanked by a gorgeous cherry tree, this outdoor retreat will provide hours of enjoyment.
With its incredible neighborhood, Blue Ribbon Schools, proximity to New York City and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 53 Tennyson Drive is an absolute must see.
Floor by Floor Details of 53 Tennyson Drive, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors and flush mount light fixture
- Coat Closet with sliding doors
- Staircase leading to 2nd level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floor, large bay window, recessed lighting, fireplace with detailed millwork and stone surround, crown and baseboard molding and track spotlight
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floor, chair rail, chandelier, Pella sliding door out to bluestone steps and brick rear patio
- Family Room featuring carpeting, paneling, built-ins, wood blinds, brick fireplace with wood mantle and exterior door to backyard
- Kitchen featuring cherry Wood-Mode cabinetry, glass front cabinet for china display, granite and Corian countertops, stainless steel Viking range, stainless steel Sub-Zero refrigerator, stainless steel KitchenAid dishwasher, brick-look ceramic backsplash, tile flooring, seating for 4 at center island, bay window, stainless steel sink, recessed lighting and pendant lighting over island
- Stairs down from kitchen
- Lower Level Hallway with access to garage and exterior door leading to backyard
- Office/Playroom featuring white paneling, carpeting, built-ins, recessed lighting and 2 windows
- Utility Room off of Hallway (step down) with 8’ ceilings includes Laundry Room and cabinetry for storage (with additional space easily converted to Recreation Room, Playroom, Office, Wine Cellar and/or Workspace) and French drains
- Powder Room
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Bedroom #2 featuring carpeting, 3 windows, wood blinds, built-in desk area with open shelving, painted in neutral off white and En-Suite Bathroom featuring vanity with storage, shower, grey tile and wood blinds
- Bedroom #3 featuring window, carpeting, wood blinds, closet with sliding doors and painted in neutral off white
- Bedroom #4 featuring 2 windows, carpeting, 2 closets, open wall shelving, wood blinds and painted in neutral off white
- Hallway Bathroom featuring pedestal sink, tub/shower combination, tile floor, wood framed medicine cabinet, sconces and wood blinds
- Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Suite Bedroom featuring large picture window, carpeting, 3 closets and recessed light
- Master Bathroom featuring wood vanity with storage, bath/shower combination with subway tile surround, tile floor and 3 lamp sconce over mirror
- Brick patio, bluestone steps off dining room and new retaining walls
- Enclosed vegetable gardens, blooming rosebushes and cherry tree
- .63 acre of property
- Andersen Windows in Living Room and Kitchen
- Forced air, baseboard in Master Bedroom
- Driveway recurbed and paved (2014)
- Hot water heater (2013)
- Master Bathroom Renovation (2011)
- Carrier AC (2003) and Furnace Unit (2009)
- Water softening system (2008)
- Front brick walk, brick patio and riser (2003)
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.