64 Hall Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928Chatham
64 Hall Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 64 Hall Rd
- 4 full, 1 half
Listing for Sale! 64 Hall Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
For a Private Appointment, call Laurie at 973-632-2767!
Magnificent Victorian style 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath updated home in “like-new” condition. Set on .6 acre two-tiered private park-like property, boasting abundant light filled living space. Elegant finishes and great flow for entertaining and daily life. Spacious rooms, hardwood floors, custom built-ins, customized closets, updated baths. Gourmet Kitchen with center island and top-of-the-line appliances open to turret shaped Breakfast Room and spacious Family Room with fireplace and bay of windows overlooking patio and lush wooded backyard. Formal Living Room and Dining Room, handsome Study with custom cherry built-in and fireplace. Elegant Master Bedroom Suite with new spa-like marble bath, light-filled sitting room and expansive walk-in closet. 3 additional bedrooms and 2 full baths on second level. Expansive third level space primed for completion. Lower level includes Kitchenette, Recreation Room, Game Room, Full Bath and extensive storage space. Move right in to this fabulous neighborhood gem!
A truly stunning Victorian style home is on display for you at 64 Hall Road, deep in the heart of the desirable Rolling Hill section of Chatham. Renovated and updated to perfection both inside and out, this “like new” home will satisfy even the most discerning of buyers. Highlighted by an abundance of light filled living space, this home combines old world charm with the finest in modern amenities.
Upon arrival, you’ll stroll up the brick paver pathway, through the covered wraparound porch and into the elegant 2-story Entry Foyer with front to back views that provides your first glimpse of all this home has to offer. Through a broad archway to the right you’ll find the formal Living Room that’s just perfect for sitting down with family and friends for intimate conversation or grand holiday celebrations alike. Continue on into the formal Dining Room highlighted by a fully windowed wall, gleaming hardwood floors and a statement making chandelier. Step through the swinging door into the show-stopper of a kitchen where crisp white custom cabinetry is beautifully accented by striking granite countertops and top of the line stainless steel appliances. What a great set-up for preparing gourmet creations for you guests, a quick snack at the center island Breakfast Bar or a casual meal enjoyed in the adjacent turret shaped Breakfast Room with easy access to the backyard oasis just outside. After dining, settle in for the ultimate in relaxation as you cozy up in the Family Room highlighted by a striking fireplace flanked by custom built-in display and storage unit that makes an impressive statement. Finish up your daily bookkeeping or a work project in the handsome Office adorned with French door entry and custom cherry built-in that surrounds another elegant fireplace. A fully equipped Laundry Room and a conveniently located Powder Room complete the first level living space.
At the end of the day, a stately staircase takes you to the second floor where 4 spacious bedrooms and 3 full baths assure complete privacy and comfort for family and guests. The Master Bedroom Suite boasts spectacular outdoor views through a large bay of windows and an adjacent cozy sitting room that’s a perfect place to curl up with a good book or bask in the morning sun. Step through double French doors into a spa-like marble en suite bath featuring a luxurious free-standing soaking tub, a large marble shower, two separate quartz topped vanities and access to the extensive storage space found in the custom fitted His & Hers walk-in closet. Three additional bedrooms, each with plenty of closet space and unique architectural features along with 2 full hallway baths round out the second level. Take the full staircase up to the expansive unfinished third level, which has been fully prepped for use as you see fit – perhaps a Rec Room, exercise room or artist studio – even the sheet rock is ready and waiting for its ultimate destination!
And there’s more…the lower level is home to a Recreation Room, Game Room, Bonus Room, a Full Bath and a conveniently located Kitchenette to serve the needs of family and friends as they gather for fun times together. Outside, a true highlight of this home is the secluded two-tiered backyard. Relax with cocktails in your own private oasis as you sit on the brick paver patio that enjoys views of colorful perennial gardens nestled below a canopy of mature trees.
Nothing has been overlooked in this one-of-a-kind meticulously maintained home. Classic period details combined with the ultimate in modern amenities make this home truly special. With its sought-after location, top notch schools and easy access to world class shopping, restaurants and NYC transportation, 64 Hall Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 64 Hall Road, Chatham
- 2-story Entry Foyer with front-to-back views, hardwood floors, carved wood crown molding, raised panel wainscoting, wood door with sidelights, 2 chandeliers, 2 coat closets with built-in drawers; archway to Living Room, French doors to Study and access to center staircase, garage and rear hallway
- Living Room with hardwood floors, deep base molding, crown molding, bay windows; archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, deep base molding, iron chandelier, large bay windows; swinging door access to Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry with glass fronted accent panels, corner display shelves, granite counters and ceramic tile backsplash, top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances including Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, 24” Thermador convection wall oven with warming drawer and microwave, additional 30” Thermador oven with convection, Bosch dishwasher, Russell Range commercial 6-burner cooktop with Thermador hood above, large double sink with built-in soap dispenser and new Grohe faucet, additional prep sink, center island with black granite top, breakfast bar and storage cabinets, recessed lighting, under-cabinet lighting; access to walk-in pantry with shelving, open to Breakfast Room, swinging door access to Dining Room
- Turret shaped Breakfast Room with 5 large windows with woven wood roman shades, chandelier, hardwood floors; open to Family Room, double doors to patio and backyard
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, 3 large bay windows with bamboo shades and decorative treatments, custom built-in with storage cabinets above and below desk with granite top, pullout keyboard tray, shelves for media equipment, wood burning fireplace with gas starter, brick surround and raised hearth with honed granite top, wood mantel with Toshiba TV above, flanked by two built-in units with display shelving and storage cabinets with pullout drawers and firewood bin (accessible from garage), recessed lighting, ceiling fan; open to Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Office with French door entry, hardwood floors, custom cherry built-in with file drawers, retractable doors open to Lazy Susan pullout for TV, wood burning fireplace with gas starter, marble surround and hearth, 3 bay windows with wood blinds, recessed lighting
- Laundry Room with tile floor, Electrolux front loading washer and dryer with pedestals (new 2017), wine refrigerator, quartz folding surface with shelves below and storage cabinets above, recessed lighting
- Powder Room with granite tile floor with inlay accents, pedestal sink with mirror and light fixture above, recessed light
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors (new 2017), two linen closets with wood shelving, laundry chute access door
- Master Suite includes Bedroom with hardwood floors, Casablanca ceiling fan, recessed lighting, blackout shades on large bay windows facing backyard, doorway to huge His & Hers walk-in closet with custom shelving, built-in dresser, recessed lighting and hardwood floors, large linen closet with shelving; doorway to separate Sitting Room with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, 3 windows with shades; French door entry to En-suite Bath with tile floor, raised panel wainscoting, His & Hers Vanities with quartz tops, framed mirror above and storage cabinets below, French Reflection magnifying lighted mirror, Bose wall mounted speakers, Vizio wall mounted TV, large marble walk-in shower with inlay accent border, hand held and stationary shower heads, heat lamps, light and exhaust fan, large soaking tub with Sign of the Crab designer faucet, 5 turret windows with Hunter Douglas wood blinds, separate commode and bidet room with recessed lighting and exhaust fan
- Bedroom #4 (turret shaped room with 12’ceiling) with plantation shutters on 4 windows with decorative transom windows above, ceiling fan, hardwood floors, recessed lights, doorway to dressing room (option to use as study room) with hardwood floors, recessed light, window with plantation shutters and access to large walk-in closet with built-in shelving, recessed lights and hardwood floor
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 double door closets, 2 windows with Hunter Douglas wood blinds, recessed lighting, Casablanca ceiling fan
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, 5 windows with blinds, Casablanca ceiling fan, sitting area with large picture window, double door closet with shelving
- Hall Bath #1 with ceramic tile floor, vanity with quartz counter top, framed mirror above, cabinets below, recessed lighting, shower over tub with hand held and stationary shower heads, built-in niche for shampoo, tiled walls, heat light/exhaust fan and night light
- Hall Bath #2 with ceramic tile floor, shower over tub with tiled walls, heat light/exhaust fan and night light, hand held and stationary shower heads, window with shade, vanity with quartz counter top, framed mirror above and storage below
- Expansive unfinished space (prepped for finishing with drywall included) central vacuum control, 3 windows and skylight, storage room with built-in safe, access to utilities
- Kitchenette with tile floor, wood cabinets with Formica top, stainless steel double sink, GE refrigerator/freezer, Gibson supplemental freezer; open to Bonus Room
- Bonus Room (currently used as Exercise Room) with carpet, track lighting and under-stair storage area (set up as child play area); doorway to Recreation Room
- Recreation Room with carpet and track lighting; open to Game Room
- Media Room with carpet, track lighting, pool table, 6 grade level windows and access to Full Bath, walk-in storage closet and outdoor exit staircase
- Full Bath with tile floor, vanity with Corian top with storage below and mirror above, heat light/exhaust fan, stall shower
- Utility Room with work bench and pegboard, utility sink, fluorescent lighting
- Victorian style home featuring covered wraparound porch with high-hat lighting, mahogany stairs and mahogany stained pine floor
- 2×6 construction with extra insulation
- Marvin windows throughout
- Omni and Baldwin hardware
- 9’ ceilings throughout first level
- 2-zone forced air heating/AC
- 3-car garage with 12’ ceiling, electric doors, shelving and pulley system for raised storage of window screens, bicycles and canoes
- Professionally landscaped property with brick paver walkway, dry stone retaining walls, two-tiered backyard with large brick paver patio, gas fire-pit, direct gas line for barbecue, dry stone retaining wall with stone steps to fully wooded second tier, pebble pathway, exterior lighting with tree and retaining wall up-lighting, underground sprinkler system in front and back, specimen plantings, perennial and fern gardens
- Portable gas back-up generator with transfer switch for upper level or lower level use
- Security system with break glass and motion sensors on all floors (2014)
- 2 sump pumps and French drains in lower level
- Whole house water filter system
- First level fully wired for sound
- Auto-on lights in all closets
- Central vacuum
- New high efficiency hot water heater (2017)
- Freshly painted interior and exterior (2017)
- Kitchen cabinetry refinished (2017)
- New Electrolux front load washer and dryer with pedestals installed (2017)
- New outdoor lighting (2017)
- New Walpole mailbox (2017)
- Bathroom Updates (2017)
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.