Exclusive New Construction Listing in GlenwoodShort Hills
8 Elmwood Place, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 8 Elmwood Place
- Short Hills
- 3 full, 1 half
Exclusive Listing for Sale! 8 Elmwood Place, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call 973-936-9129 for private showing!
Spectacular nearly new construction and phenomenal location! Move right in to this 5 Bedroom, 3 ½ Bath center hall colonial located in sought after Glenwood section of Short Hills with top notch Millburn schools, a short distance to downtown Millburn and nearby Short Hills train station. Beautifully situated on one of the largest lots in the neighborhood, this house has it all with a magnificent floor plan and exquisite finishes throughout. 1st level features abundant sunlight, grand 2 story Entry, extraordinary Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry, quartz countertops, island with waterfall edge, stainless steel appliances, elegant wainscoting, magnificent light fixtures, hardwood floors throughout, bright and cheery Breakfast Room, fantastic Family Room with gas fireplace and 1st floor bedroom. Sun-drenched 2nd level features Master Bedroom Suite with arched ceiling, luxurious spa-like Master Bathroom, 3 additional Bedrooms, generous Hall Bath and hardwood floors throughout. With a finished lower level and rear patio and deck, this home has it all – don’t miss this rare opportunity to own a fabulous nearly new construction home in one of Short Hill’s most sought after neighborhoods!
Move right in to this perfectly designed home in sought after Glenwood, in the heart of Short Hills. With 5 gracious bedrooms, 3 ½ baths, seamless open floor plan and ample living space, 8 Elmwood Place is a model of absolute perfection.
Drive up the tree-lined street and walk up the charming stone walkway. Enter through the warm, wood entryway and become transfixed by all this house has to offer. Enter the spacious Foyer glowing with natural light featuring an orb-crystal chandelier, hardwood floors and soothing paint colors extending throughout the entire 1st and 2nd floors. Move into the sun-drenched Living Room gracefully adorned with wainscoting and high design starburst chandelier with filament lighting. Dinner parties are a dream in the elegant formal Dining Room featuring wainscoting and graceful rectangular pillar candle chandelier.
The Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen is outstanding with superb design and high end finishes. An exquisite island, with waterfall edge Quartz countertops, exhibits the best in style and function. The stainless steel appliances, stone countertops and custom shaker-style white cabinetry complete the sophistication and function of this space. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Room with sliding French Door looking out to the ample property beyond.
Be amazed by the magnificent Family Room that flows directly from the Chef’s Kitchen. This impressive Family Room, bathed in sunlight and with its own elegant fireplace, exudes relaxation and is well-suited for family game night, movie watching or cozy nights by the fire. And not to be missed is a first floor bedroom, easily used as a guest room, nanny’s room or office. A beautiful full Bathroom rounds out this floor.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the stately staircase leads you to the second floor literally drenched in sunlight. Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom with an arched ceiling and generous windows. The suite is functionally designed with a generous walk-in closet. Enjoy a soak in the tub in the en suite spa-like Master Bathroom complete with marble backsplash tile, oversized shower with marble tile and stylish double vanity. 3 additional bedrooms are steeped in sunlight and include generous double closets and large windows. Laundry is a snap in the 2nd Floor Laundry Room with stainless steel Samsung High Efficiency washer and dryer.
And there’s more…The massive Lower Level with Recreation Room will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Equipped with an area for movie watching, children’s art studio, wine storage and/or exercise room, the Lower Level provides all the space you need for any pursuit.
And it doesn’t end there. Easily accessed from the Breakfast Room, relax in the outdoor entertaining area that flows easily from inside, with a stunning rear deck and patio paver. Enclosed by a charming picket fence, is ready for an al fresco dinner party or simply roasting marshmallows with friends.
This truly is an amazing opportunity to own a perfectly appointed home in one of Short Hill’s best neighborhoods. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, Hartshorn Arboretum and downtown Millburn shopping, 8 Elmwood is an absolute must see!
Floor by Floor Details of 8 Elmwood Place, Short Hills
- Wood front door with 8” glass sidelights and arched window above
- 2 story Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, orb crystal chandelier light fixture, baseboard molding
- Coat Closet
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, starburst chandelier with filament lighting, crown and baseboard molding
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, pillar candle rectangular chandelier, crown and baseboard molding
- Gourmet Kitchen featuring center island/breakfast bar with waterfall Quartz countertops, rectangular pendant light fixture with filament lighting, custom shaker style cabinetry with Quartz countertops, nickel hardware, subway tile with herringbone pattern backsplash, stainless steel appliances (Samsung Refrigerator, Bosch double oven/microwave combo, Samsung range and oven, Samsung Dishwasher), stainless steel sink with gooseneck fixture, recessed lighting, hardwood floors
- Breakfast Room featuring sliding French doors out to backyard, starburst chandelier with filament lighting, hardwood floors, baseboard molding
- Door to 1 car Attached Garage with electric opener
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, gas fireplace with stone surround and custom millwork, picture window, crown molding, recessed lighting
- Full Bathroom featuring tile floor, shower with marble basket weave and subway tile, vanity with storage, double sconce over mirror
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, large closet, flushmount light fixture
- Stairway with decorative wood railings, glass lantern
- 2nd floor landing featuring arched window, balcony overlooking front entry way, orb crystal chandelier, recessed lighting, hardwood floors, baseboard molding
- 2 Linen closets with shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring arched ceiling, hardwood floors, picture window, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, oversized walk-in closet
- Master Bathroom featuring marble tile flooring, double vanity with storage and quartz countertops, oversized shower with recessed light, hexagonal marble floor tile, marble subway tile and built-in stone shelving, built-in soaking tub with stone surround, triple light sconces over each mirror, baseboard molding
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, closet with double sliding doors, double picture window, baseboard molding, flushmount light fixture
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, closet with double sliding doors, double picture window, baseboard molding, flushmount light fixture
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, closet with double sliding doors, double picture window, baseboard molding, flushmount light fixture
- Full Hallway Bathroom featuring tile flooring, double vanity with storage and quartz countertop, shower over tub with tile surround, rustic 2 light sconces over each mirror
- 2nd Floor Laundry Room with tile flooring, Samsung Stainless Steel High Efficiency Washer and Dryer, Vanity with storage and sink, recessed lighting
- Wood stairway to fully finished basement
- Recreation Room with Mohawk carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Fully Finished Room for Exercise Room, Game Room and/or Wine Storage
- Office with carpeting, flushmount fixture, baseboard molding
- Powder Room featuring wood vanity with storage and stone countertop, 3 light sconce over mirror, tile floor, baseboard molding
- Utility Room
- Level, fenced in yard with picket fence, deck and paver patio
- New pine trees along rear fence line for privacy
- New driveway with pavers
- Hardie composite siding
- Anderson windows
- 9’ ceilings on 1st floor and 8’ ceilings on 2nd floor (Master Bedroom 8’+ under arch)
- 2 zone AC/Forced Air
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.