Brand New Built to Perfection DeMarzo Home, Chatham TownshipChatham Twp.
9 Gates Avenue Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 9 Gates Avenue
- Chatham Twp.
MLS# 2932093 New price! Quality craftsmanship and attention to detail are evident in every aspect of this newly built 4,800 square foot Colonial by Chatham’s most sought after Demarzo & Sons Builders. Rich hardwood floors extend throughout the first level, as architectural detailing and abundant windows distinguish each room. This fine home features three levels of superior living and entertaining space that extend to a gorgeous bluestone patio overlooking a lovely, park like backyard.
The First Level
- The entry foyer features hardwood floors, 2 guest closets and decorative wood panel wainscoting along stairway leading to the upper level and along the length of the front hall.
- The living room features hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding and French door leading to the family room.
- The formal dining room, with hardwood floor, features decorative wood panel wainscoting, decorative crown molding, a bay window, recessed lights, and a chandelier matching the wall sconces.
- The gourmet kitchen features a hardwood floor, crown molding, custom wood cabinets topped by granite counters, a tile backsplash, recessed lights and under-cabinet lighting, farmhouse sink. The center island/breakfast bar features custom wood cabinets and granite counter top beneath dual pendant lights. Appliances are all stainless steel, Thermador, including a 6-burner gas range and oven, an exhaust fan, a wall oven, a beverage refrigerator, a built-in microwave and a warming drawer. Other features include a built-in desk, walk-in pantry and large breakfast area with French doors leading to a backyard bluestone patio.
- The spacious and open family room has hardwood floors, crown molding, a coffered ceiling, recessed lights, large windows and a gas fireplace with decorative mantel and marble surround.
- The office, located off the mud room, features hardwood floors, dark wood crown molding, recessed lights and dark wood custom built-ins.
- The mud room, located off the kitchen, has a brick floor, crown molding, recessed lights, beadboard wainscoting, built-in cubbies and access to the 2-car garage and door to backyard.
- The powder room, located off the center hall, features a tile floor and beadboard wainscoting.
The Second Level
- The master bedroom features a hardwood floor, tray ceiling, crown molding, recessed lights and two closets with built-ins, with a separate master sitting area overlooking the front yard.
- The master bath features a marble tile floor, recessed lights, dual vanities with marble counter tops, walk-in shower with marble subway tile and soaking tub with marble tile backsplash.
- Bedroom 2 has a hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, a double door closet with built-ins and access to a Jack n’ Jill bath with an exclusive marble vanity and a linen closet.
- Bedroom 3 features a hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, a closet with built-ins, access to Jack and Jill bath with exclusive marble vanity and attic access.
- The Jack and Jill bath has a tile floor, crown molding, recessed lights and a shower/tub.
- Bedroom 4 has a hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights and a walk-in closet with built-ins.
- The hall bath features a tile floor, a marble vanity, recessed lights, crown molding and a tile shower stall with a tile backsplash.
- The laundry room has a tile floor, cabinets, a skylight and a sink.
- The main hallway features a hardwood floor, linen closet and stairs to the lower level.
- Lower foyer features a storage closet.
- The recreation room has wall-to-wall carpeting, wainscoting, a drop ceiling, recessed lights and two double-door closets.
- An exercise room, off the recreation room, features wall-to-wall carpeting, wainscoting, a drop ceiling, recessed lights, a closet and access to electrical panels.
- The full bath features a tile floor, a tile back-splash and a tile shower stall.
- Additional areas are the storage room, a utility/mechanical room and a meter room.
- Demarzo & Sons custom built Colonial – new construction
- High ceilings
- Speakers in the kitchen, dining room and family room
- Security system
- Multi-zone central air conditioning
- Multi-zone forced air heating
- Central vacuum
- Cedar siding
- Copper detailing above bay window and front arch pillar caps
- Bluestone front walk way
- Covered front portico
- Paved driveway with Belgian block curbs and additional parking
- Attached 2-car garage with carriage doors
- Bluestone walkway from driveway to back patio
- Bluestone patio with gas line for grill, overlooking the level, private backyard
- Underground sprinkler system
- Professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, foundation shrubbery and established lawns
Square Ft: 4,800
Lot Size: .32 Acre
This exquisite custom Demarzo Colonial is situated on a quiet neighborhood street off Southern Boulevard. From this prime location, parks and recreation, top rated schools, shopping, and NYC transportation are only minutes away. Southern Boulevard Elementary and Chatham High School are short blocks away.
Demarzo & Sons Builders have created a fabulous opportunity to take full advantage of all Chatham Township has to offer in a home that brings complete comfort and one you will be proud to showcase often.
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.