Imagine a place where hard of hearing or deaf children could go to gain the confidence they need to communicate in the hearing world, do so in a nurturing and empowering environment, and end up with life-long friendships with other children facing similar challenges. That’s what you’ll find at the Summit Speech School! Founded in 1967, the Summit Speech School is dedicated to enabling children who are deaf or hard of hearing to take their place in a hearing world by providing superior educational and therapeutic support services through an auditory/oral program. This amazing school services more than 130 children annually, from birth through high school, reaching communities throughout northern and central New Jersey.
Here are 5 things you should know about the Summit Speech School and what they do:
- The Summit Speech School teaches children who are deaf or hard of hearing to listen and talk.
- Since Summit Speech School opened its doors in 1967, they have served over 3500 children from a wide area of New Jersey
- The Summit Speech School does not use sign language. They focus exclusively on Listening and Spoken Language education, which uses hearing aids or cochlear implants and teaches hearing-impaired children to listen and understand spoken language and communicate through speech.
- The Summit Speech School works with families and children from birth through high school, through their four programs: Parent/Infant, Preschool, Itinerant Mainstream Support, and Pediatric Audiology.
- The vast majority of the students at Summit Speech School enter mainstream schools at kindergarten or first grade and succeed alongside their hearing peers as part of the speaking world.
There are so many amazing non-profit organizations serving the members of our communities along the MidTown Direct Train Lines. It is an honor for The Sue Adler Team to feature so many of these organizations through our 100th Home Sale Charity Program. We’re humbled by the work that they do and we are proud to feature each one by providing more in-depth information about what they do and how they serve. The 2017 Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity Program is up and running and first round voting is well under way! We invite you to learn more about how our Team will give away $20,000 across 6 local charities upon the close of our 100th home sale of the year, and how YOU can decide which charity moves on to the final round of voting. Visit www.sueadler.com/100home to vote daily for your charity of choice, and the top 6 vote-getters will move on to the final round. To learn more about the Summit Speech School and the amazing work that they do, please visit www.summitspeech.org/.