17 Overhill Rd, South Orange, NJ 07079
- 4 Full Baths | 1 Half
- $3,772 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Ultra-Chic Entertainer’s Dream! Spectacularly renovated 5 Bedroom, 4½ Bath mid-century modern Ranch in South Orange’s sought after Newstead Section! Remarkable style and craftsmanship with premium designer touches at every turn! Fantastic flow with one level living, out of this world Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with stunning custom cabinetry, top of the line Miele/Sub Zero appliances and black leather granite and onyx countertops. Breathtaking outdoor entertaining pool area! Fabulous Living Room with fireplace that opens to the outdoor oasis. To die for Family Room with Wet Bar and tons of custom built ins. Elegant Formal Dining Room with gorgeous moldings and high ceilings. Outstanding renovated Master Suite with luxurious custom Dressing Room/Walk-In Closet and spa-like Master Bathroom. Other bedrooms sunny, bright with amazing closets. Completely on trend Full Hall Bath.
Amazing Lower Level with private living quarters/in-law/au pair apartment with renovated Kitchen, Bedroom, renovated Bath and Great Room. Lower Level also boasts HUGE Exercise Room, Music Room, Library and SO MUCH STORAGE! Every detail of this house needs to be seen to be believed. With its superior design, fantastic schools, Midtown Direct Train and proximity to downtown South Orange, 17 Overhill is exceptional in every way!
Room by Room Details of 17 Overhill Rd, South Orange, NJ 07079
Main Level Living Area
- Entry Vestibule and Entry Foyer
- Powder Room featuring corner custom vanity with marble countertop, wallpaper, custom cut mirrors, chandelier, decorative circular window
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring Italian marble tile flooring, Bremtown Luxury Traditional custom cabinetry including glass door cabinetry, black leather granite countertops and backsplash, recessed lighting, open shelving, Neff Kitchen island with onyx countertop and a second Kohler custom sink with filtration system, Officine Gullo Burnished Brass Finished appliances with Miele built-in combo electric Oven-Microwave, Miele Built-in Electric Oven, Miele dishwasher, Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- Dining Room featuring 12 foot high ceilings, Italian marble tile flooring, oversized picture window, pendant lighting, crown molding with dentil detail, baseboard molding, recessed lighting
- Living Room featuring Italian marble floor tile, fireplace with stone surround and hearth, designer light fixture, wall of windows/sliding doors and custom wood shutters/sliding doors to backyard entertaining space and pool, crown molding, baseboard molding., cathedral ceiling, custom designed light fixture.
- Wood Paneled Family Room/(Bar/Library), recessed lighting, double doors to backyard, Custom Wet Bar, custom built ins with open and concealed storage, with pass-through window to the pantry.
- Side Entry Area, mud room.
- Laundry Room featuring custom cabinetry, utility sink, Drip Dry Closet, iron board.
- Bedroom #4/Guest Suite featuring Bedroom and Full Bath, Bathroom includes tub/shower combination, vanity, built-in linen Closet
Main Level Sleeping Area
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, wallpaper, designer light fixture, crown molding, baseboard molding, custom built ins, Dressing Room/Walk In Closet with custom and California closet cabinetry
- Master Bathroom featuring marble floor and wall tile, oversized shower with marble tile surround and shower rain head, soaking tub, double washstand vanity, on trend Watermark bath brass hardware, Toto, Kohler, Lloyd bath fixtures, Robern Medicine Cabinet, separate area for toilet and bidet
- Bedroom #2 with Double Closets and custom built-in closets
- Bedroom #3 with its own office nook with desk and custom built-in closets
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring tile floor and wall tile, 2 floating vanities, frameless glass door shower with designer fixtures, Threshold free invisible drain shower, Bain Ultra Spa Bath Tub with aroma bath and heating panels, Lefroy Brooks Bathroom Fixtures
- Separate Apartment/Bedroom #5/Guest Suite featuring separate entrance, all new bathroom with high end bathroom fixtures
- Entertaining Kitchen featuring new tile flooring, St. Clairs custom cabinetry, Wolf appliances, Bosch dishwasher, stainless countertops, tile backsplash, sink, stainless dishwasher, double wall ovens, built in microwave, Breakfast Bar Area
- Great Room for entertaining with door to backyard
- Exercise Room featuring soft flooring, drop ceiling with recessed lighting
- Music Room
- 4 Storage Rooms
- Covered front porch
- Bluestone front walkway
- Meticulous landscaping with blooming perennials, wisteria and foundation plantings
- Gunite pool with paver surround, privacy wall with fountains
- Lounging Area
- Separate Patio Area for Lower Level Apartment
- One level living in Main Bedroom Area and Living Areas
- Hi-Definition Date/Night/Motion Detective Video Surveillance System (9 cameras around the outside perimeter of the house)
- In wall wiring for TV, game consoles, etc. in three bedrooms and Library/Bar room, downstairs Great Room
- Two fully equipped kitchens and additional wet bar with refrigerator and sink
- Updates to swimming pool include new pump and renovated tiles and concrete
- Renovated pool deck
- Real copper gutters throughout the house
- New heating, electrical, and AC throughout
- New plumbing throughout
- New Pella windows throughout most of house
#southorangenj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About South OrangeVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Township of South Orange Village features a vibrant community, abundant green spaces, and an excellent transit system all within close proximity to New York. The area is full of thriving businesses, artistic and cultural attractions, and shopping destinations, and the rich history of community involvement in South Orange has helped cultivate the friendly atmosphere and effortless living that the township’s residents cherish. The well-maintained parks, preserved natural spaces, community gardens, and clean streets lined with independently owned businesses display the down-to-earth, compassionate character of South Orange. Residents revel in the ability to live in a relaxing and social area that offers convenient access to New York while preserving the feeling of easy living. This family-friendly locale is a commuter’s dream!
South Orange School Information
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange Commuting Info
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
South Orange BLOG POSTS
2018 New Jersey Monthly High School Rankings Are Out! Our Midtown Direct Towns Shine!READ MORE
2017 Maplewood / South Orange New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
- 31 Minutes to NYC