Renovated Colonial on quiet street in Glenwood sectionMillburn/Short Hills
81 Wellington Ave. Short Hills, NJ 07078- SOLD!
- 81 Wellington Ave
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 3 full 1 half
MLS#2911154 Renovated Colonial on quiet street in Glenwood section of Short Hills located in the ideal location! This home offers a traditional floorplan with gleaming hardwood floors, a gourmet Eat in kitchen with breakfast bar, granite countertops, professional grade appliances and custom cabinetry. Also, enjoy a first floor family room, mud room, large Master suite with dressing area and full finished basement with full bath. All located close to top rated Millburn/Short Hills Schools, local shops and restaurants and transportation to NYC! This one will not last!
The First Level
- Center-hall foyer includes a hardwood floor, crown molding, guest closet and chair rail
- Formal dining room has a hardwood floor, crown molding, chair rail with picture frame molding below, built-in corner hutch and a swing door to the kitchen
- Spacious living room with hardwood floor, crown molding, French doors to the family room and a wood-burning fireplace with classic colonial style wood mantel
- Country style kitchen includes a wood floor, recessed lights, custom glazed maple cabinets, granite counter tops, built-in computer workstation, Viking gas range
- KitchenAid refrigerator and dishwasher, beadboard wainscoting and a separate eating area with bay window and built-in bench seating
- Family room with hardwood floor, recessed lights, crown molding, recessed panel wainscoting, built-in floor-to-ceiling cabinets with shelves, wet bar with granite counter top and hammered copper sink, wall of windows and open to the kitchen
- Powder room with hardwood floor, hand painted tile and vanity with sink
- Mud room, located adjacent to kitchen and family room, features custom cubbies and woodwork and door to outside
The Second & Third Levels
- Master bedroom with hardwood floor, crown molding and large custom closet
- Master dressing area with 3 double-width closets and access to the master bath
- Master bath with tile floor, tile wainscoting, oversized tile shower and double vanity with two sinks
- Bedroom 2 with hardwood floor, crown molding and large custom closet
- Bedroom 3 with hardwood floor, crown molding and large custom closet
- Bedroom 4 with hardwood floor and large custom closet
- Hall bath with tile floor, tile wainscoting, pedestal sink, tub with tile surround and shower
- Hallway with closet and stairs to the third level
- Bedroom 5 with hardwood floor, vaulted ceiling, recessed lights and two closets
- Attic storage and additional storage under the eaves
Walkout Lower Level
- Recreation room with tile floor, wainscoting, recessed lights, built-in desk, wall of custom built-in cubbies, custom built-in storage bench seats, floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves and cabinets and custom woodwork
- Laundry room with tile floor, recessed lights, cabinet with sink, walk-in and double closets with custom shelving
- Newer full bath with tile floor, beadboard wainscoting, pedestal sink and corner shower
- Large pantry /storage closet and a utility room
- Custom woodwork by Bob Sachs
- Beautifully updated kitchen and baths
- Central air conditioning
- Gas fired steam heating
- Flagstone front walkway
- Paved driveway with Belgian block curbs and additional parking
- Attached one-car garage conveniently located at the back of the house and near the mud room
- Private backyard includes a new 6-foot custom wood fence encloses the entire yard
- Custom bluestone and brick patio
- Professionally landscaped property features mature trees, flowering perennials, foundation shrubbery and established lawns
- Built: 1929
- Lot Size: 60 x 113
- 2011 Taxes: $16,728
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.