16 Marion Ave, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 3 Full
- $5,694 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Perfect Center Hall Colonial in Phenomenal Location! Move right in to this charming 4 Bedroom, 3 Full Bath located in Short Hills with top notch Millburn schools, a short distance to downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants, Paper Mill Playhouse and South Mountain Reservation. Beautifully situated on a lovely tree-lined block, this house has it all. Gorgeous renovated eat-in kitchen with crisp, white shaker style cabinetry, top of the line stainless steel appliances and stunning breakfast room with high ceiling. Master Suite with tons of closet space and spa-like bath. Bright and sunny Family Room with custom built ins. Finished Lower Level with Recreation Room and Exercise Room/Office. Amazing deck and outdoor fireplace area for entertaining! Don’t miss this special opportunity to own in one of Short Hill’s most sought after neighborhoods!
Move right in to this picture perfect center hall colonial on a family-friendly block in the heart of Short Hills. With an exceptional location just steps from downtown Millburn restaurants and shopping, Direct Train to NYC and top-rated schools, 16 Marion Avenue is just waiting to be called home.
Drive up the tree-lined street and walk up the charming brick walkway flanked by meticulous landscaping. Enter through the warm, wood entryway to the spacious Foyer glowing with natural light. Move into the sun-drenched Living Room with its statement fireplace with custom millwork and gleaming hardwood floors. Enjoy family game night or watching movies in the stunning Family Room complete with custom built-ins and beautiful vistas of the backyard beyond. Flow easily to the stunning Office/Sun Room complete with hardwood floors and breathtaking views of the outdoor gardens. Dinner parties are divine in the elegant formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting and easy access to the kitchen beyond. Flow easily into the extraordinary Chef’s Gourmet Kitchen which is truly the showpiece of the home. Crisp, white wood shaker-style cabinets, granite countertops and top of the line stainless steel appliances make the kitchen the ultimate in function and style. And as if that wasn’t enough, the Breakfast Room with its arched ceiling and sliding French doors, with access to the gorgeous outdoor deck, is the perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee. Easy access to the maintenance free outdoor deck makes indoor/outdoor entertaining seamless and the perfect spot for al fresco dinner parties or simply sipping cocktails with friends. A tastefully renovated Full Bathroom rounds out the First Level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stately staircase to the elegant 2nd Floor Landing complete with hardwood floors and a large Linen Closet. Wander into the lovely Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors and 3 closets so that not a thing will be out of place. A renovated spa-like Master Bathroom, with dual custom vanities, marble throughout and a relaxing soaking tub make the Master Bedroom Suite your own private oasis. Spacious Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 feature hardwood floors, generous closets and abundant windows allowing for plenty of light. A renovated Full Bath with chic tile and a large wood vanity rounds out the 2nd Floor.
And there’s more! The finished Lower Level adds immense living space to the home. A large Recreation Room and Exercise Room/Office allow plenty of extra space for movie watching and children’s arts and crafts. A large Laundry/Utility Room allows for plenty of additional storage.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to own a home in one of Short Hill’s best neighborhoods. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, South Mountain Reservation and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants, 16 Marion Avenue is an absolute dream!
Floor by Floor details of 16 Marion Ave, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Wood Entry Door with sidelites
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, Coat Closet, stairway to Second Level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with custom millwork and stone surround, baseboard molding, recessed lighting
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting, custom built ins with open and concealed storage
- Office/Sun Room featuring hardwood floors, arched ceiling, windows at 3 exposures, ceiling fan, recessed lighting
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, chandelier, large picture window
- Eat-In Renovated Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, white shaker style cabinetry, granite countertops, subway tile backsplash, crown molding, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, pendant lighting, Breakfast Bar with seating for 4, Dacor 6 burner range, Bosch dishwasher, LG refrigerator, Best exhaust hood
- Breakfast Room with arched ceiling, hardwood floors, ceiling fan, double French sliding doors to backyard, arched transom
- Renovated Full Bath featuring tile flooring, designer wash basin sink, tilt mirror, 3 light sconce, bath/tub combination
- Wood staircase to second level
- 2nd floor landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding, painted neutral cream, 3 closets
- Renovated Master Bathroom featuring marble tile flooring, dual vanities with storage and marble countertops, vessel sink with modern fixtures, recessed lighting, shower with frameless glass door featuring marble tile surround, steam shower, shower head and handheld shower, soaking tub, custom built in linen storage
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, 2 closets
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, double door closet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting
- Renovated Full Hallway Bathroom featuring tile flooring, tile wainscoting with mosaic accent tile, wood vanity with storage and stone countertop, 3 light sconce, wall cabinet, bath/tub combination
- Staircase to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, painted soothing neutral cream
- Office/ Exercise Room
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Large Laundry/Utility Room
- Utility Closet
- Large maintenance free deck with lattice detail
- Professional Landscaping
- Bluestone Patio with brick walls and outdoor fireplace
- Vegetable gardens
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 3 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 3 | 2
- 5 | 1
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country, and with good reason. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and a short commute to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area; and whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods or farm fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. This concentration of artists helps shape Short Hills’s character. Short Hills began as a planned community when Stewart Hartshorn (who became wealthy from developing, perfecting and manufacturing the self-acting shade roller) purchased 13 acres of land in Millburn Township near the present-day Hobart Avenue, Parsonage Hill Road, and Chatham Road. Hartshorn's purpose was to create "a harmonious community for people who appreciated nature," and "where natural beauty would not be destroyed by real estate developments, and where people of congenial tastes could dwell together." He later increased his land holdings to 56 acres for himself and 1,552 acres for the whole village, with each plot not owned by Hartshorn being no larger than 1/2 acre. Hartshorn chose the name "Short Hills" because it reflected the topography of the region, and also because the local Lenape Native Americans used that same name to describe the region. One local resident suggested that he call his village "Hartshornville," but he definitively refused. Click here for more information about the Millburn/Short Hills Master Plan!
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
Short Hills Schools
|10Deerfield Elementary||PK-5||26 Troy Ln, Short Hills, NJ 07078|
|10Millburn Middle School||6-8||25 Old Short Hills Rd, Millburn, NJ 07041|
|10Millburn Sr High School||9-12||462 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041|
Short Hills Commuting Info
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
Today We Closed Our 100th Home for 2017 and Now We Get to Give Away $20,000!READ MORE
Local Fourth of July Celebrations Bring Fireworks, Flag Ceremonies, and Even Camel Rides!READ MORE
100th Home Sale Charity Program – We’re Almost There!READ MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC