SOLD***Poet Section 3 Years New Colonial with Remarkable Architectual Details Backing to woods & Canoe Brook Golf CourseShort Hills
173 Tennyson Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 173 Tennyson Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Short Hills
- 5 full, 1 half
SOLD! Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Truly a WOW home – Elegance, sophistication & remarkable architectural details abound in this 3 years old bedroom, 5 ½ bath sunlit Poet Section colonial with modern flair. backing to Canoe Brook Golf Course. Soaring Ceilings, oversized windows, custom millwork, GORGEOUS wide plank vintage white oak floors throughout, formal Dining Room and Living Room, impressive two-story Great Room opens into chef’s dream Kitchen with double islands.
Breakfast area with abundant sunlight & coffered ceiling, Living Room & Great Room with classic fireplaces, multiple French doors leading from Great Room & Breakfast Room to bluestone patio & outdoor entertaining space makes indoor to outdoor living seamless. Spacious Master Bedroom suite with custom walk-in closets, balcony overlooking rear yard, spa-like en suite bath, 4 additional bedrooms (2 with ensuite baths), finished rec room in basement and bonus room & bath.
173 Tennyson truly is a picture-perfect example of the finest in design and function.
It is not every day that a home this exceptional and elegant comes on the market. Move right in to this perfectly designed sanctuary in the sought after Poet’s Section in the heart of Short Hills. Built in 2013, with a seemless open floorplan and ample living space, this home features 5 gracious bedrooms, 5 ½ baths and elegant millwork throughout. 173 Tennyson is a model of absolute perfection.
Drive up the tree-lined street and admire the gorgeous brick exterior. The second floor window boxes are ready for spring and the planting of colorful blooms. Walk up the front walk to the covered bluestone sitting area just perfect for rocking chairs, flowering planters and lemonade. Enter through the warm, wood entryway and become transfixed by all this house has to offer.
Enter the spacious and sunlit Foyer featuring wide-planked vintage white oak flooring that extends throughout the entire 1st and 2nd floors. The hardwood floors are complimented by the elegant floor to ceiling millwork. Move into the sun-drenched Living Room gracefully adorned with ample windows and traditional statement fireplace. Proceed into the nearby formal Dining Room and the adjacent sun-lit alcove with custom cabinetry just waiting to store your china and serving pieces. The adjacent alcove is equipped with a buffet ready to serve gourmet dinners or merely to display family heirlooms. Across from the Dining Room is the architectural u-shaped staircase that flows seamlessly upstairs and downstairs to the lower level and truly glows with natural light.
Beyond the staircase, be amazed by the magnificent two story Great Room that flows directly into the Chef’s Kitchen. This impressive Great Room, bathed in sunlight, is nothing less than a work of art with its beamed ceiling, lavish use of windows and French doors and the fireplace adorned by floor to ceiling custom millwork. This room exudes relaxation and is well-suited for family game night, movie watching or cozy nights by the fire.
Flow from the Great Room into the Kitchen that will satisfy every chef’s desire. Two abundantly sized islands, one in natural wood and the other in a creamy white, exhibit the best in style and function. The stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and custom glass front cabinet simply round out the sophistication of this space. Don’t miss the oversized desk area, with ample storage and workspace, sure to be “command central” for any busy family. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Room with copious windows, a coffered ceiling and French doors leading to the outdoor patio. Storage abounds in the conveniently located Butler’s Pantry and its adjoining Walk-In Pantry with floor to ceiling shelving. Not a thing will be out of place as 173 Tennyson is teeming with limitless storage.
And it doesn’t end there. Easily accessed from either the Great Room or the Breakfast Room, relax in the outdoor entertaining area that flows easily from inside. The bluestone patio and entertaining space, complete with an outdoor fireplace with a rustic brick exterior, is ready for an al fresco dinner party or simply roasting marshmallows with friends. Just beyond the blue stone patio, enjoy complete privacy in the meticulously landscaped yard enclosed by new tasteful white fence. The peonies, iris, lavender and hydrangea in full bloom will truly astound. Peek beyond the yard at the lush views of Canoe Brook golf course.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the stately staircase leads you to the second floor with 5 spacious bedrooms and 4 full baths. Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom with an arched ceiling adorned by the distinctive orb chandelier and its geometric design. Light literally pours in through the French doors flanked by generous windows. Enjoy a quiet moment and stunning sunsets on your private deck overlooking the backyard with lush plantings and the view the golf course beyond. Moonlight glows through the arched window to give the room a dreamy feel. The suite is functionally designed with generous his and her closets complete with warm wood custom shelving and drawers. Enjoy a soak in the tub in the en suite spa-like Master Bathroom complete with marble backsplash. 4 additional bedrooms (2 with en suite baths, both currently being used flexibly as an office and upstairs den) are steeped in sunlight and include generous custom closets and drawers.
And there’s more…The massive Lower Level with 41’ x 18’ Recreation Room will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Equipped with an area for movie watching, children’s art studio, potential nanny suite, full bath, exercise room with mirrored wall, additional laundry room and abundant storage, the Lower Level provides all the space you need for any pursuit.
173 Tennyson Drive is a dream home in every way. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, Gero Park and luxury shopping, this home is the ultimate in class, sophistication and simply exudes relaxation at every turn.
Floor by Floor Details of 173 Tennyson Drive, Short Hills
- Oversized wood entryway door with classic 18” sidelight
- Spacious, elegant Entry Foyer featuring wide-planked vintage white oak flooring that extends throughout entire 1st floor
- Custom floor to ceiling recessed paneling (board and batten style), crown molding, recessed lighting, integrated lighting controls
- Hallway off Foyer with double door coat closet with interior custom adjustable shelving and poles
- Generous-sized Powder Room with granite topped wood vanity with ample storage, shaded sconce and decorative black aged, drum shade light fixture, vintage white oak flooring
- Living Room with entryway flanked by 2 columns, vintage white oak flooring, 2 walls of windows adorned by custom light filtering roman shades, gas fireplace with grey stone surround, cylinder glass shade sconces, wall opposite fireplace with floor to ceiling recessed paneling (board and batten style)
- Traditional, wooden u-shaped staircase, visible from Great Room. Expertly constructed, leads to both upper and lower level, custom carpet runner on staircase and continuing through 2nd floor hallway
- Great Room featuring grand double height ceilings and flows openly to kitchen, vintage white oak floors, large windows at lower and upper walls on 2 sides, coffered ceiling, wood burning fireplace with grey stone surround, custom paneling on fireplace that extends to ceiling, light filtering custom roman shades, fireplace flanked by double French doors which step outside to outdoor entertaining space, contemporary black chandelier with shades
- Formal Dining Room featuring traditional chair rail and crown molding, classic light fixture with fabric drum shade, vintage white oak hardwood floors
- Alcove attached to Dining Room features custom cabinetry, granite topped countertop/serving buffet, aged bronze sconces
- Butler’s Pantry featuring granite topped countertops, custom cabinetry and ample storage, under cabinet lighting, bar sink with gooseneck fixture, extra dishwasher, stone and glass mosaic tile backsplash, recessed lighting, flows easily to Dining Room and Kitchen
- Walk-in Pantry with floor to ceiling shelving/abundant storage
- Chef’s Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry with double islands with granite countertops, creamy white island with deep ELKAY stainless steel sink with gooseneck fixture and display shelves on one side, other island in natural wood with breakfast bar and seating for 3; stainless steel Kitchen Aid double ovens and cooktop, Kitchen Aid built-in frig, MARVEL wine frig, vintage white oak flooring, beamed ceiling with recessed lighting, linear pendant lights over islands, custom cabinet with glass front, desk area featuring extensive workspace and storage, under cabinet lighting, stone and mosaic tile backsplash
- Breakfast Room flowing from kitchen, flanked by windows, coffered ceiling, banquette with under storage, double French doors leading to outdoor entertaining space, light filtering custom roman shades
- Mudroom featuring vintage white oak flooring, custom cabinetry with bead board wainscoting complete with cubbies and drawers, bench with ample storage, additional closet to store coats and sports equipment
- Outdoor Patio with outdoor fireplace and professionally landscaped flat yard accessed directly from Family Room and Breakfast Room
- 2 Car Garage accessed directly off Mudroom and featuring epoxy flooring, custom garage shelving and cabinetry
- U-shaped staircase with classic wood railings leads to upstairs landing, contemporary aged chandelier, vintage white oak hardwood floors throughout 2nd level, walk-in linen closet with floor to ceiling shelving, 2nd floor laundry room
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring arched ceiling, custom wood paneling, vintage white oak floors, orb chandelier with open geometric design, French doors flanked by windows and arched window above, private deck overlooking backyard and golf course beyond, light filtering custom roman shades, his and her closets with custom shelving and drawers, en suite bath with spa-like atmosphere, large double vanity with marble backsplash, wood framed mirrors, glass shade sconces, whirlpool tub with marble surround and gooseneck faucet, frameless glass, marble shower
- Office/Bedroom #2 features vintage white oak floors, en suite bathroom with marble countertops and slate flooring, generous sunlight, large closet with custom adjustable shelving and drawers, light filtering custom roman shades
- Upstairs Den/Bedroom #3 features vintage white oak floors, en suite bathroom with furniture style vanity with marble countertop, large closet with custom adjustable shelving and drawers, light filtering custom roman shades
- Bedroom #4 features vintage white oak floors, large windows, large closet with custom shelving and drawers
- Bedroom #5 features vintage white oak floors, large windows, large closet with custom shelving and drawers
- Full Hall Bath features furniture-style double vanity with stone countertops and ample storage, additional custom cabinetry for towel and linen storage, tub/shower with tiled backsplash
- Enormous 41’ x 18’ Recreation Room with 10’ ceilings, wall to wall carpeting and wipeable carpeting in children’s art nook, exercise room with mirrored wall, bonus room/potential nanny suite with adjacent full bath featuring tub/shower and vanity sink, storage closets with floor to ceiling shelving, 2nd laundry room with sink and cabinetry, 2 large utility rooms, additional storage closets, recessed lights, sump pumps with water sensors connected to the central station alarm
- Custom home by Matthew Rosenbaum, owned by single owner
- Control 4, Custom integrated lighting system throughout 1st floor, can be smartphone controlled
- Home Audio System wired throughout 1st floor and exterior patio
- custom neutral and classic light filtering roman shades throughout
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- 4-Zone forced air heat/AC
- Professionally landscaped property with stone patio
- Lilliput playhouse and matching swing set
- In-ground irrigation system
- Alarm system
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.