1/2 Crest Acre Ct, Summit, NJ 07901
- 5 full, 2 half
- $9,868 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Known affectionately as “The Little House,” this Summit mansion holds a special place in Summit tradition. Ideal for large family gatherings, fundraisers and gala events, the stately home and surrounding property have been updated and enhanced by each occupying family. Surrounded by breathtaking formal gardens and separate fully renovated Tea House, this home wows at first sight. Once inside the main house, you are greeted by the handsome Entry Foyer, leading to grand octagonal Rotunda/Dining Room with oversized fireplace, magnificent Living Room/Great Room with beamed ceiling and fireplace, Library/Home Office, eat-in Kitchen with vaulted beamed ceiling, premium appliances and Butler’s Pantry, formal staircase to the second level featuring gallery hallway with extensive storage, elegant Master Suite with spacious bedroom, large private deck, and remodeled marble bath; 3 additional bedrooms (2 with shared Jack & Jill Bath and one with private en suite) and conveniently located Laundry Room. Lower level includes a very large recreation room; private suite featuring sitting room with large fireplace, bedroom and full bath; built-in two car garage; 2nd large Laundry Room, Potting Room, Wine Cellar, Exercise Room and plenty of storage. More than just an elegantly appointed home, this address delivers legacy and inimitable style.
Originally built in 1929, it boasts a long history of famous guests – President Woodrow Wilson slept in the Family Room, renowned tenor Enrico Caruso sang in the Living Room and Madame Chiang Kai-Shek socialized in the Tea House- this stately home has been updated and enhanced by each occupying family.
Upon arrival, you’ll step through the warm hued wooden door into an Entry Foyer featuring herringbone oak floors, a large porthole window and storage closets set behind quarter sawn oak panels. It’s your first taste of all the one-of-a-kind features revealed in this very special home. Continue on into a grand rotunda Dining Room with coffered ceiling and elegant pendant lights where your guests will enjoy gourmet meals in front of an oversized fireplace with a stunning decorative tile mantel…a more elegant dining setting you will not find! Relax after the meal in your choice of gathering places. The formal Living Room is filled with light thanks to large windows overlooking the spectacular formal gardens outside. Its gleaming hardwood floors and a beamed ceiling flow seamlessly into the neighboring Sun Room that provides another vantage point for breathtaking garden views. A spacious Family Room on the opposite side of the foyer is home to another oversized fireplace and a custom built-in desk that sits below a full windowed wall. Enjoy this functional room as you complete your daily paperwork or homework assignments before cozying up on the couch to watch your favorite movie.
The adjacent gourmet Kitchen featuring a vaulted ceiling with charming wood beams, a huge center island, top-of-the-line appliances and custom cabinetry accented by fine granite is the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack at the breakfast bar. The adjacent Breakfast Area with its huge windows and French door access to a spacious paver patio with large stone fireplace just outside provides an additional dining option. A neighboring Butler’s Pantry finishes off this fully functional space situated in the heart of the home. A rear hallway leads to a useful Mud Room with access to the lower level as well as to a private Guest Room with a renovated en suite bath. A handsome Library/Study fully outfitted with custom built-in shelves and cabinetry and an elegant Powder Room complete the first level living space.
Proceed up the staircase to the second level where everyone will find their own personal retreat in one of 4 bedrooms and 3 baths reached from the gallery landing that overlooks the first level. Relax in in the landing’s sitting area adorned with a decorative fireplace before continuing on the spacious Master Bedroom Suite. Here you’ll be wowed by the room’s luxurious features including a volume ceiling, gas fireplace and Palladium windowed wall with French door access to a private wood deck. Step outside on a sunny morning to be greeted by warm rays and spectacular views of the greenery just outside. Continue on through a spacious Dressing Area into the spa-like Master Bath adorned with a custom marble topped vanity, a large soaking tub and spacious walk-in shower. You’re sure to appreciate all the amenities of a classic five-star hotel right in the comfort of your own home. Three additional light filled bedrooms (two that share a fully remodeled Jack & Jill Bath and a third with private en suite bath) boast high ceilings and plenty of closet space. A fully equipped Laundry Room just down the hall is conveniently located for daily use.
And there’s more…a fully finished lower level has so many options for use as you see fit. A full Guest/Nanny Suite has a sitting room, bedroom and full bath that assures the ultimate in privacy. Morning workouts are a breeze as you just step through attractive French doors to take advantage of the mirrored Home Gym located adjacent to a large Recreation Room that’s perfect for playdates and game nights alike. Wine enthusiasts will relish in the temperature controlled wine room with x bottle capacity, and gardeners will surely appreciate the Potting Room with utility sink and built-in shelves located nearby. A second Laundry Room and plenty of storage space round-out the lower level space.
But the piece de resistance of this residence is found as you wander the expansive property surrounding the home. Meandering brick paver walkways guide you through multi-tiered lush flat lawns, formal gardens adorned with classic fountains, a unique shade garden, a spacious paver patio adorned by a boxwood garden and large stone fireplace. They then continue on to the recently renovated Tea House featuring hardwood floors, a fireplace with brick surround, decorative windows and a raised beamed ceiling. It’s a truly unique setting with so many options for use…picture an artist studio or gallery, a light filled billiards room or a cozy setting for hosting a card game…it’s up to you and your imagination to decide!
This home is a testament of timeless beauty renovated with sheer perfection. With its classic style, park-like grounds and close proximity to Summit’s excellent schools and vibrant downtown shopping and restaurants, ½ Crest Acre Court is truly a one-of-a-kind property.
Floor by Floor Details of ½ Crest Acre Court, Summit
- Entry Foyer with herringbone oak floors, crown molding, front door with circular glass pane accents, circular window, light fixture, closets set behind quarter sawn oak wall panels; open to Dining Room/extended foyer space
- Dining Room with oak floors, coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, 4 iron and glass light fixtures, large fireplace with ceramic tile surround and oak mantel, 2 closets set behind oak panels, ceiling open to second level gallery landing; broad archways to Living Room, Family Room and access to staircase to second level and Powder Room
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, vanity with marble top and brass legs and hardware, recessed light and 3 sconces
- Living Room with oak floors, 10-foot bead board paneled ceiling with oak beams, 3 sets of French doors leading to outdoor lawns and gardens, addition French door to side yard, fireplace with stone surround and hearth, 4 sconces, 2 chandeliers, recessed spot lighting; broad archway to Sun Room, French door to Library/Home Office
- Sun Room/Conservatory with ceramic tile floor with hand-painted accent tiles, 3 exposures with large windows, bead board paneled ceiling with oak beams, recessed spot lighting
- Study/Home Office with oak floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, 2 large picture windows, custom built-in bookshelves, walk-in closet with recessed lighting, built-in cabinets, drawers and shelves, oak floors, window and additional closet with automatic light
- Family Room with oak floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, large fireplace with ceramic tile surround, wood beam mantel, and stone hearth, chandelier, built-in desk area with large picture window, recessed lighting and custom built-in shelving and storage closets; access to Butler’s Pantry, Kitchen and rear hallway
- Butler’s Pantry with mahogany counter tops, copper? sink, 2 built-in Marvel beverage refrigerators, built-in Marvel ice maker, custom cabinetry with glass fronted accent panels, under-cabinet lighting, light fixture
- Kitchen with oak floors, custom cabinetry with glass fronted accent panels, white Calcutta marble countertops, ceramic tile backsplash, raised angled ceiling with wood beams and bead board paneling, professional grade stainless steel appliances including, Viking 6-burner range with griddle and 2 ovens below and hood above, Thermador double oven with warming drawer, SubZero refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, stainless steel sink with instant hot and water filter, center island with breakfast bar, stainless steel double sink with disposal, 2 large pendant lights above, large pantry cabinet behind integrated cabinetry panels; open to Breakfast Room and doorway to Mud Room and Pantry Room and rear hallway with herringbone oak floor window seat alcove, custom shelving and storage closets
- Breakfast Area with hardwood floors, full windowed wall and 2 French doors to private brick paver patio with stone fireplace
- Mud Room with hexagonal ceramic tile, large windowed walls, side door to driveway; access to atrium staircase to lower level
- Powder Room with hexagonal ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian top and cabinets below, light fixture, window with shade
- Guest Room with oak floors, deep base molding, closet with shelving and built-in mirrored door, 2 pendant lights, 2 large picture windows and en suite bath featuring porcelain vanity with mirror above, 2 sconces, window with treatments, light fixture, walk-in shower with tile floor, subway tiled walls and built-in bench
- Gallery landing with opening to first level, 2 pendant light fixtures, custom built-in display shelves, sitting area with fireplace with wood mantel and stone surround, 2 sconces; curved hallway to Master Bedroom Suite
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, raised angled ceiling, detailed woodwork accents, full windowed wall with Palladium window and 2 French doors to wood deck overlooking gardens, 3 dormer windows, gas fireplace with wood mantel and stone surround, 2 glass chandeliers; access to Dressing Area with hardwood floors, built-in display shelves, room sized closet with custom shelving and center island with built-in laundry bines, recessed lighting, carpet and window; en suite bath featuring mirrored door entry, 18” marble tiled floor, custom two sink vanity with cabinets and mirror above, ceramic tile backsplash, 4 sconces, ceiling speakers, alcove with large soaking sub with marble surround sitting below 5 windows, recessed lights, walk-in shower with glass door, marble tile walls, tile floor, rounded tiled wall, rain shower and hand held shower heads, separate commode
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, large picture window and additional window, angled ceiling, 2 light fixtures and recessed lighting, 2 columns, 2 double door closets with shelving and auto on light, built-in bookshelves; en suite Jack & Jill bath (shared with Bedroom #4) with Corian topped 2-sink vanity with cherry wood accent wall and 2 mirrors above, 4 sconces, 2 light fixtures, wood laminate floor, guilt-in window seat below large round window, walk-in shower with glass door, tiled floor and subway tile walls, stationer and hand held shower heads, window in shower, large linen closet with shelves
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, 2 double door closets with shelving, large picture window and additional window with window treatments, raised angled ceiling, 2 light fixtures, recessed lights, 2 sconces; access to Jack & Jill Bath
- Bedroom #4 with light oak floors, tray ceiling, deep base molding, recessed lights, large picture window, two round “porthole” windows, walk-in closet with drawers and shelving, recessed lights, additional closet with shelving; mirrored door to en suite bath with hardwood floors, soaking tub, walk-in shower with glass door, tiled floor and walls, rain shower and hand held shower heads and built-in marble bench, vanity with cabinets below, 2 pendant lights and recessed lights
- Laundry Room with utility sink set in Corian counter with cabinetry below, tile floor, Whirlpool Duet front loading washer and dryer, folding surface, window and recessed lighting
- Private Suite featuring Sitting Room with hardwood floors, stone fireplace, 2 large picture windows, recessed lighting, closet and side door to driveway; Full Bath with tiled floor, vanity with cabinets below, stall shower with glass door an tiled walls, light fixture and window, Bedroom #5 with crown molding, hardwood floors, baseboard heat, walk-in closet, 2 windows, recessed lights
- Laundry Room with Whirlpool Duet front loading washer and dryer, tile floor, storage cabinets and utility sink
- 2 Utility/Storage Rooms
- Exercise Room with rubber tiled floor, mirrored wall, recessed lighting, TV, French doors to Recreation Room; access to wine cellar
- Wine Cellar with Breezaire cooling system, tile floor, x bottle capacity, recessed lights
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lighting: access to rear stairway to Mud Room and utilities
- Potting Room with utility sink, shelving, supplemental refrigerator/freezer and window
- Full house renovation completed in 2008
- Professionally landscaped property with formal gardens with perennials and specimen plantings, brick paver walkways and patio with fireplace and grill racks, trellis, Rainbird underground sprinkler system, electric decorative fountains, iron fencing
- “Tea House” renovated in 2016 featuring fireplace with brick surround, decorative windows on 2 sides, hardwood floors, raised ceiling with beams, spot lights
- 6-zone radiant steam heat/AC
- Central vacuum
- Security system
- Cedar closet in attic with pull down stairs
- Sound system speakers in Family Room, Kitchen, Master Bedroom and Bath; wiring for system in Living Room
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 5 | 2
- 6 | 3
- 6 | 1
- 7 | 3
- 6 | 2
- 6 | 3
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Don't be fooled by the MLS calling Summit "Summit City." It is NOT a city. Summit is known for having one of the best upscale town centers in the area. Living within walking distance of this town is AMAZING! The energetic town of Summit, NJ is surrounded by incredible real estate: absolutely exquisite estate homes, charming family homes and convenient, cozy town homes and condominiums. Check out burbio for all Summit events, schools, and other helpful info! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Summit School Information
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Summit Commuting Info
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.
Summit BLOG POSTS
Today We Closed Our 100th Home for 2017 and Now We Get to Give Away $20,000!READ MORE
What’s for Dinner? Plenty of Options and Offers During Summit’s Restaurant Week!READ MORE
Local Fourth of July Celebrations Bring Fireworks, Flag Ceremonies, and Even Camel Rides!READ MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC