Center Hall Colonial in the Hartshorn section of Short HillsMillburn/Short Hills
2 Robert Drive Short Hills, NJ 07078 – SOLD over list price!
- 2 Robert Drive
- Millburn/Short Hills
- .59 Acres
- 4 full and 2 half
One of a Kind Home! $2,275,000
MLS #: 2994869 A rare opportunity to own a one of a kind Center Hall Colonial in the Hartshorn section of Short Hills. Situated amongst many magnificent multi-million dollar homes, this exquisite home offers privacy from every window. The homeowners have set the bar in gold standard with the highest attention to detail both inside and out. High end finishes and custom details give this 10 year old home the character feel of an Old Short Hills home, and trumps any new construction in this price range. Great open and flowing floor plan with with plenty of room to entertain any size party.
This breathtaking one-of-a kind home is ready to move in with the added benefit to become part of a community with a blue ribbon school district, easy access to the city, superb restaurants, theatre and first class shopping. Call Sue Adler 973 552 2419 for details or appointment.
• Entrance Hall- 2-story with recessed lighting, wood floors, wood panel detailing and grass cloth custom wallpaper
• Living Room with fireplace, recessed lighting, wood floor, beam ceiling and crown molding
• Dining Room with Venetian plastered walls, crown molding, (recessed lights) and wood floor
• Study with hardwood floors, floor to ceiling, French windows and recessed lighting
• Den with wall to wall carpet, floor to ceiling,French windows, recessed lighting and crown molding
• Powder Room with tile floor and custom hand painted wall paper
• Half Bath with tile floor and vanity
• Kitchen with Breakfast Room; adjacent walk-in pantry, center island with sink, breakfast bar and custom pendant lighting, mosaic tile back-splash, top of the line appliances-including Sub-Zero refrigerator, Viking (6) burner gas range and double wall ovens; open to Family Room; French doors to deck
• Butler’s Pantry with fitted cabinets, granite countertop, under mount lighting, and mosaic tile back-splash
• Family Room with 12’ wood tray ceiling; custom built-in cabinets on either side of stone fireplace; French doors to deck.
• Hall with 2 closets with custom shelving and access to Kitchen, Foyer and Powder Room
• Laundry Room with counter and sink
• Exterior deck with access to Family Room and Breakfast Room/Kitchen
*Please note all bedrooms on second floor have hardwood floors under carpets*
• Master Suite with gas fireplace, 2 walk- in closets with custom shelving, 1 with adjacent dressing area and linen closet
• Master Bath with stone floor, double vanity with sinks, whirlpool tub and walk-in shower with tile backsplash.
• Bedroom #2 with walk-in closet
• Adjacent Bath with access from Bedroom #2 and Bedroom #3 with tile floor double vanity with sinks and shower over tub
• Bedroom #3 with oversized closet
• Bedroom #4 with 2 closets
• Bedroom #5 with 2 closets
• Adjacent Bath with access from Bedroom #4 and Bedroom #5 with tile floor, double vanity with sinks and shower over tub
• Laundry chute to first floor
Attic (Stairwell from second floor)
Lower Level (partial grade level)
• Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lights and work area with custom desk and built-ins; door with access to grade level
• Bedroom #6
• Full Bath with Shower
• Wine Cellar with 2,500 bottle capacity
• Access to three car garage
• Lower Level Wine Cellar
• Lower Level Gym
• Audio System throughout house
• Extensive Landscaping
• Holly and Arborvitae privacy fence around property
• Exterior drainage system
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.