20 Claremont Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 2 full, 1 half
- $3,230 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Meticulously maintained Center Hall Colonial in phenomenal location! Move right in or renovate this charming 3 Bedroom, 2 and ½ Bath Center Hall Colonial located in one of Glenwood section’s best blocks (block parties and great trick or treating!) with top notch Millburn schools, a short distance to downtown Millburn and nearby Short Hills train station. Beautifully situated on a lovely tree-lined block, this house aims to please. 1st level features abundant sunlight, gleaming hardwood floors, spacious Kitchen and lovely landscaped backyard with quaint picket fence. Sun-drenched 2nd level features Master Bedroom Suite, 2 generously sized additional Bedrooms, Hall Bath and hardwood floors throughout. Don’t miss this special opportunity to own in one of Short Hill’s most sought after neighborhoods!
Welcome to 20 Claremont Road! Move right in or turn into your dream home this meticulously maintained 3 Bedroom, 2 and 1/2 Bathroom Colonial, located on a level lot on a quiet, family-friendly street in Short Hill’s sought after Glenwood neighborhood. With an exceptional location, just steps from downtown Millburn restaurants and shopping, Direct Train to NYC and top-rated schools, this house cannot be missed!
Drive up the tree-lined street and walk up the charming flagstone walkway. Curb appeal abounds with charming shutters, delightful front porch and professionally landscaped front yard. Enter through the welcoming front door into the Entry Vestibule with parquet-look floors and a convenient coat closet. Flow easily into the sun-drenched Living Room with a warm and inviting fireplace with dentil molding and a stately bay window. Elegant dinner parties await in the spacious Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, chair rail and graceful pendant light fixture. A gracious French door leads to the conveniently located Sun Room featuring windows at 3 exposures and a great view of the lush, flat property. The Sun Room is perfect for relaxing and unwinding at the end of the day. Move easily into the Kitchen with plenty of counter space, sunny window overlooking the yard and a bright and cheery Breakfast Room. The Kitchen is perfect for cooking nightly dinners or has all the bones to be renovated to your liking. A conveniently located Powder Room rounds out the First Floor.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stately staircase to the elegant 2nd Floor Landing complete with hardwood floors and built-in storage for linens. Wander into the well-appointed Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, three closets, neutral paint colors and plenty of natural light. An Ensuite Master Bathroom rounds out the Master Bedroom area. Roomy Bedrooms 2 and 3 feature hardwood floors, generous closets and abundant windows allowing for plenty of light. A spacious Full Bathroom with a stand-alone shower and its own tub serves the other 2 bedrooms.
And there’s more! The Lower Level features a Laundry Room and carpeted Recreation Room with plenty of storage and recessed lighting. Whether it’s a children’s art studio or movie watching, the Lower Level adds plenty of functional space. And do not miss the exterior where you can find host friends for a barbeque or watch your little ones play from the Kitchen – the options for outdoor enjoyment are endless!
Don’t miss this great opportunity to own a home in one of Short Hill’s best neighborhoods. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, Hartshorn Arboretum and downtown Millburn shopping, 20 Claremont is an absolute must see and simply won’t last!
Floor by Floor Details of 20 Claremont, Short Hills
- Entry Vestibule featuring coat closet, parquet-look floors, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding
- Living Room featuring carpeting (hardwood underneath), baseboard molding, crown molding, fireplace with millwork, dentil molding and brick surround, bay window, painted neutral off white
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, chair rail, crown molding, baseboard molding, French door out to Sun Room, painted neutral off white
- Sun Room featuring wainscoting, carpeting, windows at 3 exposures, ceiling fan with light
- Powder Room featuring linoleum flooring, pedestal sink, window, tile wainscoting, single sconce, medicine cabinet
- Kitchen featuring linoleum flooring, chair rail, tile wainscoting, wood cabinetry, Corian countertop, door to backyard, Kenmore dishwasher, GE refrigerator, Maytag Oven/Range, ceiling fan with light, pendant light over sink area, Breakfast Area with Pantry closet
- Stairway to Lower Level with access to 1 Car Garage
- Carpeted staircase to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, storage closet under staircase, 2nd storage closet, painted neutral off white
- Utility Room
- Laundry Room featuring utility sink, built in cabinetry with storage
- Stairway with carpeting
- 2nd floor landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, Linen Closet with shelving and storage, pull down access to attic, flush mount light fixture
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan, baseboard molding, 3 closets, 2 windows, painted neutral off white
- Master Bathroom featuring linoleum flooring, tile wainscoting, shower, pedestal sink, medicine cabinet, single sconce, recessed light in shower
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, 3 windows, dual closets, painted neutral off white
- Bedroom #3 featuring carpeting (hardwood underneath), baseboard molding, 2 windows, closet, painted neutral off white
- Full Hallway Bathroom featuring linoleum flooring, bathtub, stand alone shower, wood vanity with storage, medicine cabinet, single sconce, flush mount light fixture, tile wainscoting
- Level, professionally landscaped flat yard
- Picket fence
- Brick patio on side
- Sump pump and French drains
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 2 | 1
- 4 | 1
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country, and with good reason. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and a short commute to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area; and whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods or farm fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. This concentration of artists helps shape Short Hills’s character. Short Hills began as a planned community when Stewart Hartshorn (who became wealthy from developing, perfecting and manufacturing the self-acting shade roller) purchased 13 acres of land in Millburn Township near the present-day Hobart Avenue, Parsonage Hill Road, and Chatham Road. Hartshorn's purpose was to create "a harmonious community for people who appreciated nature," and "where natural beauty would not be destroyed by real estate developments, and where people of congenial tastes could dwell together." He later increased his land holdings to 56 acres for himself and 1,552 acres for the whole village, with each plot not owned by Hartshorn being no larger than 1/2 acre. Hartshorn chose the name "Short Hills" because it reflected the topography of the region, and also because the local Lenape Native Americans used that same name to describe the region. One local resident suggested that he call his village "Hartshornville," but he definitively refused. Click here for more information about the Millburn/Short Hills Master Plan!
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
Short Hills Schools
Short Hills Commuting Info
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
Concerned About Your Reassessment? We’re Here To Help!READ MORE
5 Close-to-Home Ways to Say ‘I Love You’READ MORE
Tennis Anyone?READ MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC