Large Four Bedroom Glenwood ColonialMillburn/Short Hills
20 Oak Hill Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 20 Oak Hill Rd
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 3 Full and 2 Half
SOLD! Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Price: $985,000 MLS#: 3203743
20 Oak Hill Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
This traditional center hall colonial in the Glenwood section of Short Hills is a true classic. The stone and wood exterior, accented in colonial blue trim, invites you into this timeless home that has the ideal combination of prime location and style.
The large Living Room features stunning crown molding, hardwood floors, a bay window and wood burning fireplace with brick surround and a detailed wooden mantle. A paned glass door leads from the living room to a bright Sun Porch with large sliders around to the home’s level side yard and bluestone patio. The slate floor and exposed brick wall makes this a fantastic space to soak up the sun with a book or afternoon nap.
The formal Dining Room has touches of elegance throughout with dentil crown molding, chair rail woodworking and a bay window. Your dinner guests will enjoy the refined setting yet warm and relaxed ambiance. The sliding pocket doors to the kitchen allows for private food prep in the all-white kitchen, which is clean and sleek with excellent cabinet space, a built-in table on an island with a warming oven and bookcases, white Corian counters and tile backsplash with decorative inserts. A Powder Room with tile floor and pedestal sink completes the first floor.
A classic wood spindle staircase leads to the Second Floor landing with window seat that boasts hidden underneath storage. The Master Bedroom with hardwood floors and double walk-in closets is relaxed and welcoming. The en suite Master Bath has been renovated to suit all tastes and styles with a pedestal sink, stall shower with subway tile and black and white tile floor. Two additional generously sized bedrooms share a full hall bath with a tile floor, shower over tub with oversized white tile and decorative inlay.
A decorative door into an entry landing with a carpeted stairway leads to the versatile Third Level. This spacious level can be used as a fourth bedroom, private master suite, office or even a play area. With carpet and a vaulted angle ceiling, this space boasts a warm and cozy feel. With a full bath, this level is also ideal for overnight guests or older children looking for a little privacy.
The Lower Level has been completely renovated as a Recreation Room, with carpeting and recessed lighting, children and adults alike will love watching their favorite movie or playing video games on a widescreen TV. With plenty of room for oversized sectionals and comfortable seating, this area will be a favorite for all ages. A Powder Room keeps foot traffic to other levels at a minimum and the extra storage and laundry facilities make this level a favorite.
A home that offers plenty of potential for a growing family, but can be maintained and preserved with relative ease, this home has enduring charm and potential. With its sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, 20 Oak Hill Road is the perfect place to call home.
- Entry foyer with crown molding, coat closet and tile floor
- Living room with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown moldings, fireplace with slate heart, brick surround and women mantel, bay window, access to Sun Porch
- Sun Porch with slate floor and slider doors to side yard on three sides
- Dining room featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, chandelier, bay window, pocket door to kitchen
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, skylight, Corian counters, butcher block center island with built in shelving and attached seating area, gas range, double wall oven, KitchenAid refrigerator, dishwasher, detached microwave, warming oven, appliance cabinet, large window with backyard view and door to rear yard
- Powder room with tile floor, pedestal sink and mirror
- Full hall bath with tile floor, pedestal counter, shower over tub with tile and decorative inset
- Master Bedroom double walk in closets, closet with shelving, hardwood floors, recessed lighting
- Master Bath with tile floor, pedestal sink, mirror, vanity, glass doored shower stall with subway tile
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floor, closet and recessed lighting
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, closet and recessed lighting
- Large hall storage closet/room, cedar closet
- Bedroom #4/Bonus Room with double closet, linen closet, access to hall storage closet/room, built-in desk with bookshelves, two windows with decorative overlay, access to attic storage areas
- Full bath with tile floor, glass stall shower with tile, vanity with mirror
- 2 zone A/C unit (2012)
- Basement Renovation (2011)
- Professionally landscaped grounds
- Bluestone patio
- Rec room with carpet, crown molding, recessed lighting and storage under stairs
- Powder room with tile floor, vanity and mirror
- Laundry area with laminate wood look floor, storage cabinets, sink countertops, washer and dryer, utility area
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.