200 Hobart Ave, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
200 Hobart Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
- 200 Hobart Ave
- 6 full, 1 half
Listing for Sale! 200 Hobart Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
For a Private Appointment, call The Sue Adler Team at 973-936-9129!
New Price: $4,250,000
Nestled in Summit’s prestigious Northside, this extraordinary 6 Bedroom, 6½ Bathroom Tudor estate combines original architectural artistry with all of today’s modern amenities. Boasting a private oasis on 2.46 sprawling acres of lush property, outstanding outdoor entertainment spaces, cottage gardens & an amazing carriage house, 200 Hobart Avenue is its own English Manor Estate. The enormous Renovated Chef’s Kitchen and Family Room, Reception Hall, Living Room and Dining Room with outstanding plaster bas-relief motifs and period details, wide plank floors throughout, stunning original leaded and stained glass windows, and immensely private and spacious Master Bedroom Suite make this home unmatched in its class. This home and property is ripe for the buyer seeking an estate-like setting in a location that can’t be beat, just minutes from downtown Summit, Short Hills Mall, Blue Ribbon Schools, highway access, and New York City transportation.
Sitting majestically on 2.46 acres and one of the most prestigious lots Summit has to offer, 200 Hobart Avenue is a rare opportunity for the discriminating buyer seeking acreage, architectural magnificence, immense privacy and a storybook setting close to New York City, Midtown Direct train, Blue Ribbon schools, excellent restaurants, shopping and all Summit has to offer.
Enter the property flanked by decorative brick piers and drive up the gracefully curved driveway and you know you have arrived somewhere extremely special. Stone walls and lush gardens abound as you arrive at this magnificent 6 Bedroom, 6 and ½ Bathroom Tudor Revival complete with exquisite patterned brickwork, stately gables and gorgeous windows featuring stained glass and heraldic emblems. A spectacular entry door set within a classic Tudor arch grace the striking front entrance. Once inside the spacious and elegant Entry Foyer, prepare to be overwhelmed by the stunning craftsmanship and timeless architectural details including moldings and trim with decorative bas-relief motifs, board and batten paneling and wood carved staircase. A Rear Foyer entrance provides seamless access to the gorgeous rear courtyard.
The Living Room will take your breath away with its rustic wood beamed ceiling, plaster walls with charming bas-relief motif and magnificent fireplace with sumptuous carved stone mantle. Casement windows with leaded glass, at both the front and the back of the room, provide outstanding views of the park-like property. Flow easily into the Sun Room with exquisite brickwork, casement windows at 3 exposures and access to its own intimate Bluestone Terrace. Back inside, curl up by the fire, cozy up with a book or simply stare out the outstanding wall of windows in the elegant Library featuring floor to ceiling board and batten paneling, fireplace with carved stone surround and hidden theatre screen and sound system. Ready to entertain? You simply cannot find a better venue than the Formal Dining Room. The ethereal casement bay window with intermittent stained glass panels is a breathtaking focal point. Take in this architectural room with its decorative carved entryway, strapwork ceiling with geometric pattern, decorative frieze crown molding and striking plaster walls. The Dining Room flows easily to the lovely Butler’s Pantry with its original cabinetry providing plenty of storage so that nothing will be out of place. The Chef’s Gourmet Kitchen, meticulously and tastefully renovated to preserve the integrity of the home, will satisfy any cook with its oversized island, granite and marble countertops, stainless steel high end appliances and ample wood cabinetry. The adjacent Breakfast Room provides gorgeous views of the property beyond. Flow easily into the neighboring Family Room readily equipped with custom built-ins, sound system and easy access to the side entrance. Rounding out the 1st Floor is a tasteful Powder Room featuring marble tile and a graceful washstand with marble top.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the stately staircase leads you to a second floor landing with an elegant window seat flanked by oak paneling and a glorious casement window with leaded glass. Luxury and privacy abound in the sophisticated and well-designed Master Bedroom Suite featuring Sitting Room with custom built-ins and fireplace, enormous Master Bedroom Area with a second fireplace and dual walk-in closets. The spa-like Master Bathroom exudes relaxation with a classic soaking tub, dual vanities and custom built-ins with glass front cabinets. Spacious Bedroom #2 includes gorgeous architectural windows, a walk-in closet and its own Ensuite Full Bath. Bedroom #3 boasts its own bay of casement windows, a fireplace and an Ensuite Bath. Two additional bedrooms offer ample space, gorgeous views of the property and share the beautifully renovated Hall Full Bathroom. Laundry is a snap with second floor laundry and an adjacent charming Linen Room. The massive Third Level includes an additional Bedroom, complete with its own Dressing Room and renovated en-suite Bath. A Bonus Room, storage spaces and an enormous Recreation/Playroom, complete with storage and built-ins, rounds out this floor.
Equally fantastic as the architectural magnificence of the house is its splendid park-like property and charming Carriage House. Enjoy complete privacy and tranquility with stone walls, meandering paths, specimen trees, outstanding outdoor bluestone terraces and its own secret garden. Enjoy a drink and contemplate nature as you relax under a pergola or stroll through the property. The Carriage House is extraordinary with gorgeous brickwork and lovely peaks. Guests will not want to leave the 2nd floor Recreation/Media Room with its gorgeous vaulted ceiling, wet bar and built-in sound system. The heated garage holds 4 cars and is adorned by its original carriage doors.
200 Hobart Avenue’s architectural integrity and magnificent grounds make it a dream estate in every way. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, luxury shopping and downtown Summit, this home must be seen to be believed.
Floor by Floor Details of 200 Hobart Avenue, Summit
- Vestibule Entrance featuring arched wood door, original tile floor, arched ceiling with decorative frieze molding and board and batten style oak paneling
- Entry Foyer/Reception Hall featuring wide plank hardwood floors, board and batten style paneling, arched Rear Entrance Door to rear courtyard, decorative plaster frieze moldings, decorative plaster upper walls and entryways, decorative ceiling medallion, window seat with casement windows with leaded glass, traditional carved wooden staircase
- Front to Back Living Room featuring wide plank hardwood floors, rustic wood beamed ceiling, plaster walls with “bees” bas-relief motif, fireplace with detailed decorative stone mantle, front and back picture casement windows with leaded glass, antique sconces throughout
- Sun Room featuring original patterned stone floor, exposed brick, casement windows with divided lights at 3 exposures, crown molding, Double French Doors, Decorative Glass Door out to private bluestone patio, antique light fixture, in ceiling speakers
- Formal Dining Room with decorative carved entryway molding, wide planked floor, strapwork ceiling with geometric pattern, decorative frieze crown molding, plaster walls with bas relief motif, leaded casement bay window with intermittent stained glass panels and window crests, antique sconces throughout
- Library/Den featuring floor to ceiling board and batten style oak paneling, fireplace with carved stone surround, wide planked wood floors, bay of leaded casement windows with intermittent stained glass panels and window crests, arched leaded windows above, custom built-in cabinetry with storage, custom bookcases, sconces throughout, hidden theatre screen and sound system
- Butler’s Pantry featuring original hand painted cabinetry with glass front upper cabinets, casement windows with leaded glass, hammered metal sink, icemaker, honed granite countertops, original tile floor, Duparquet oven, beadboard wainscoting, 2 chandeliers
- Renovated Chef’s Kitchen featuring wood cabinetry with glass front upper cabinets, oversized kitchen island, honed granite, Carrera marble and stainless steel countertops, tile backsplash, casement windows with leaded glass, terra cotta tile floor, Sub Zero refrigerator, Beverage Air freezer, Kitchen Aid dishwasher, Viking double oven range and hood, stainless steel double sink, iron chandelier over island, under cabinet lighting
- Breakfast Area featuring light fixture, casement window with leaded glass and back staircase to 2nd floor
- Family Room featuring wide plank hardwood floors, casement windows, custom built-ins with glass front doors and storage for media, French door to side entry, in ceiling speakers
- Side Entry with Coat Closet
- Powder Room featuring decorative carved entryway molding, washstand with marble top, marble tile floor, decorative crown molding, iron chandelier, iron sconces
- Carved wooden staircase leading to landing with window seat, board and batten style paneling and casement windows with leaded glass
- 2nd floor landing featuring wide plank hardwood floors, plaster walls, chandelier with decorative plaster ceiling medallion, decorative frieze molding, 10” baseboard molding
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring decorative carved entryway molding, hardwood floors, crown molding and 10” baseboard molding, fireplace with stone surround and detailed millwork, dual walk in closets with custom adjustable shelving and drawers
- Master Sitting Room featuring crown molding and 10” baseboard molding, fireplace with stone surround and detailed millwork, double French doors leading into Master Bathroom, custom built-in cabinetry with storage, flushmount light fixture with drum shade
- Master Bathroom featuring free standing soaking tub, built-in custom cabinetry with glass doors, terra cotta hexagonal tile floor, wall tile, tiled frameless shower, dual custom wood vanities with storage, stone countertops, sconces flanking bathroom mirrors
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, crown molding and 10” baseboard molding, walk-in closet, casement windows with leaded glass, en-suite Full Bathroom featuring tiled floor and walls, shower over tub with tile surround, pedestal sink
- Bedroom #3 featuring bay of casement windows with leaded glass, fireplace with wood mantle and stone surround, hardwood floors, crown molding and 10” baseboard molding, closet, en-suite Full Bathroom featuring tiled floor and walls, bathtub with tile surround, stall shower with tile, pedestal sink
- 2nd Floor Laundry Closet with Kenmore Elite Washer and Whirlpool Duet Dryer
- 2nd Floor Ironing and Linen Storage Room with original hand-painted built in cabinetry, hardwood floors
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, dormer windows, 10” baseboard molding, built in cabinetry, crown molding and closet
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, crown molding and closet
- Renovated Full Hallway Bath featuring tiled floor, pedestal sink, shower with tile surround, glass shower doors
- Hallway Linen Closet
- Hallway with rear staircase
- Bedroom #6 featuring hardwood floors, casement windows, sconces, closet, Dressing Room with built-in cabinetry and drawers and en-suite Full Bathroom featuring tiled floor, tiled shower over tub, console sink
- Bonus Room/Bedroom #7 featuring hardwood floors and casement window
- Recreation Room/Bonus Room featuring hardwood floors, built-in cabinetry and shelving, casement windows, eave storage and utility closet
- Two storage areas and cedar closet
- Mud Room with storage closet
- Laundry Room with Kenmore Washer and Whirlpool and Maytag Dryers
- 2 Storage Rooms (easily converted to Exercise, Media and/or Wine Cellar)
- Utility Room
- Full Bathroom featuring hardwood floors, washstand sink, tiled shower and glass shower doors
- Recreation/Media Room featuring vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, hardwood floors, exposed brick, wet bar, recessed lighting, built-in sound system and components, storage
- 4 car garage featuring adjacent work/storage area and original folding carriage doors with true divided lights and inset paneling
- A/C, Hot water and heat
- Alarm System
- 46 lush acres
- Front Entry featuring board and batten style wood door with Tudor arch, carved stone door framing, exterior lanterns, patterned stonework landing
- Circular driveway with original cobblestone gutters
- Oversized bluestone patio running almost entire length of the home featuring outdoor kitchen with built-in BBQ, stone countertop, stainless steel appliances, cooktop and wet bar
- Bluestone Terrace off of Sun Room featuring rustic brick knee walls
- Two pergolas and mature shade trees
- Secret Garden framed with adjacent stone walls and lush plantings
- Slate roof
- Copper gutters
- Heated 4 car garage with original carriage doors
- 3-zone A/C
- Alarm system
- In-ground irrigation
- 2 Culligan water softeners
Visit The Community
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.