229 Longwood Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 4 full, 1 half
- $6,089 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Magnificent 5 Bedroom, 4 ½ Bath Like New (built 2004 of original foundation) Center Hall Colonial (over 4,000 square feet) in the heart of Chatham Top Ranked schools (walking distance to Southern Boulevard, Lafayette elementary, and Chatham High School) and Midtown Direct trains to NYC. Outstanding indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces with stunning resort-like pool/spa smartphone controlled & with auto safety cover (built ’13). 1st level features 2-story Entry Foyer, custom millwork, gleaming hardwood floors (redone 2017), formal Dining Room, Living Room, Family Room amazing for entertaining and Chef’s Dream Kitchen with custom cabinets, granite and top of the line appliances. 2nd level features spacious Master Bedroom with spa-like en suite bath and dual Walk-In Closets, 4 additional bedrooms. Dazzling Third Level Billiards/Recreation Room with custom pool table, custom seating and its own Full Bath. Lower Level with Recreation Room and plenty of room for Wine Cellar and Exercise Room. Freshly painted interior with neutral hues. Whole house Kohler generator with auto-switch (installed 2012). This home is move-in ready and simply won’t last!
Room by Room Details of 229 Longwood Avenue, Chatham
- Wood Entry Door with etched glass and etched sidelites and transom
- 2-story Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, chandelier, arched window, central staircase to Second Level, coat closet with double doors
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, recessed lighting, elongated windows, Restoration Hardware window treatments
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, chandelier, ceiling medallion, archway to Kitchen
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, custom wood cabinetry, glass door cabinetry for china display, granite countertops, tumbled tile backsplash, center island with leathered granite countertop and seating for 6, stainless steel sink with commercial style Grohe faucet (new 2017), stainless steel bar sink with Grohe faucet (new 2017), pendant light fixtures (Restoration Hardware, new 2017), DCS stainless steel 6 burner oven/range, stainless steel Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer (new 2017), 2 Fisher & Paykel dishwasher drawers, GE Profile built in stainless steel microwave, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, chair rail, door to garage
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, pedestal sink, 2 light sconce, baseboard molding, fan
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, gas fireplace with custom millwork and stone surround, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, elongated windows, recessed lighting, wired for surround sound system, double French doors out to pool area (flanked by windows on sides and above), Restoration Hardware window treatments
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, bead board wainscoting, crown molding with decorative leaf and bead detail, 2 linen closets, stairway to Third Level
- Hidden Laundry Closet with double doors
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring tile flooring, wood vanity with storage and granite countertop, shower over tub with tile surround with decorate accent detail tile, recessed lighting
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, arched ceiling, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, 2 skylights, dual walk-in closets with custom adjustable shelving, drawers and hanging storage
- Master Bathroom featuring dual custom vanities with storage, granite countertops, tumbled tile flooring, separate room for toilet, built-in Jacuzzi tub with granite surround, sconces, recessed lighting, skylight, shower with frameless glass door, tumbled tile throughout
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, chair rail, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Closet, arched ceiling
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding, Closet with double doors
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding, walk-in closet
- Ensuite Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, arched ceiling, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding, Closet with custom shelving, Bathroom featuring tumbled tile flooring, pedestal sink, recessed lighting, fan, frameless glass door shower with tumble tile flooring and surround
- Wood staircase with runner to Third Level
- Huge Recreation/Billiards Room featuring custom pool table (included), custom built in seating, custom built-in daybed, carpeting, recessed lighting, skylights, custom built in wet bar with sink and tile countertop
- 2 storage closets
- Full Bathroom featuring tumbled tile flooring, wood vanity with wash basin sink, recessed lighting, 3 light sconce, frameless glass shower with tumbled tile floor and surround, utility closet
- Wood staircase to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring new carpeting (2017), recessed lighting, baseboard molding, double doors leading to unfinished area
- Extensive Unfinished Area/Utility Rooms (plenty of room for wine cellar, children’s art studio and exercise room)
- Auxiliary refrigerator in storage area
- State of the art heated gunnite Smart Pool and Spa with bluestone coping, brick pattern tile and pebblesheen finish, 4 deck jets, automatic pool cover, saltwater system (2013)
- All functionality for pool controlled by smartphone
- Fully fenced in yard
- Professionally landscaped with blooming perennials, new fencing, bluestone stepping stones, bluestone steps and stone edging
- NBA professional basketball hoop
- Driveway repaved (2017)
- 1st Level Floors redone (2017)
- Interior painted (2017)
- New water heater (2016)
- House rebuilt from the 1st floor and up (2004)
- 20KW Kohler generator with autoswitch
- Hardie plank and brick exterior
- Andersen windows throughout
- Leaf filters for gutters
- ADT Alarm system
- Whole house air purifier with UV filters
- New mailbox
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Imagine the Grand Prize Recipient in The Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity ProgramREAD MORE
“In The Know” Fall Editions Are Here!READ MORE
How to Grow your Business Organically to #1READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC