23 Claremont Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
23 Claremont Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 23 Claremont Dr
- Short Hills
- 3 full, 1 half
SOLD! The Sue Adler Team sold 23 Claremont Drive in the Glenwood section of Short Hills for $51,000 over asking in the first weekend! Call The Sue Adler Team for your private listing consultation, 973-936-9129.
SOLD! 23 Claremont Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-936-9129!
Welcome to 23 Claremont Drive, an idyllic Glenwood Colonial tucked away on a quiet, charming street known for their yearly neighborhood block party, ice cream socials, picturesque homes and close proximity to Glenwood Elementary, Millburn High School, downtown and Midtown Direct train line.
Enter into this lovely stone front home through the Foyer, featuring hardwood floors, crown moulding and chair railing, giving a hint to the absolute charm you’ll find throughout the rest of house. The hardwood floors continue into the Living Room to the left, where you’ll find a welcoming brick fireplace with a decorative wood mantel. Sunlight fills the room and highlights the dentil moulding and chair rail that make this the ideal space to host family and friends. For more informal gatherings, make your way through the glass-paned door into the sunken Family Room, complete with crown moulding and a bank of windows that provide a pleasant view of the backyard. To the right of the Foyer, enter into the formal Dining Room, perfect for entertaining or everyday dining. The chair railing with picture ledge is an ideal display space for treasured family photos. The hardwood floors continue from the dining room through to the Kitchen, where preparing meals is a delight thanks to the stainless steel appliances, Corian countertops and large walk-in pantry with shelving. Flanking the pantry are two doors, one leading out to the large deck, and the other leading to a back staircase to the bonus bedroom over the garage, complete with charming dormer windows, a walk-in closet, and a private full bathroom highlighted by an original claw foot tub. Rounding out the first floor is a sunny Breakfast Room for casual dining, which also opens to the rear deck, and a convenient Powder Room.
When you are ready to retire for the evening, head up the center staircase to the second floor where a spacious master suite awaits, complete with hardwood floors, sconce lighting, a walk-in closet, plus an additional large closet. The en-suite bathroom is charming with its marble floor, pedestal sink and walk-in shower, and the linen closet provides plenty of storage. In addition to the master suite and the bonus bedroom over the garage, there are two additional bedrooms, both featuring hardwood floors, sconce lighting and roomy closets, as well as a hall bathroom with a jetted shower over tub, perfect for a relaxing bath at the end of the day.
And there’s more! Do not miss the finished lower level, boasting a Recreation Room with storage and a built-in entertainment center with highly appointed finishes, as well as a convenient utility room complete with washer and dryer, supplemental refrigerator and workbench with pegboard. Back outside, find a private rear yard with deck and grill, perfect for summer nights with friends and family alike.
Nestled on a quiet road in sought after Glenwood, 23 Claremont Drive is just waiting for you to put down roots and begin making cherished memories.
Floor by Floor Details of 23 Claremont Drive, Short Hills
- Foyer with hardwood floor, chair railing, light fixture, crown moulding, coat closet and staircase to second level
- Dining Room with hardwood, crown moulding, chandelier, chair railing with picture ledge, large window
- Kitchen with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, Corian countertops, subway backsplash, window over sink, built-in cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including KitchenAid dishwasher, Maytag refrigerator, Sharp microwave, Viking range/oven, large walk-in pantry with built-in shelving
- Door to rear yard and rear staircase to Bedroom #4 over garage
- Breakfast Room with hardwood floor, high ceiling, sliding doors to rear deck, recessed lighting, oversized picture window with half circle window above
- Living Room with hardwood floor, sconce lights flanking fireplace, fireplace with decorative wood mantel, brick surround and hearth, dentil moulding, chair rail, three windows and glass paned door to Family Room
- Family Room (sunken) with hardwood floor, crown moulding and triple window
- Powder Room with tile floor, pedestal sink, light fixture, crown moulding
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floor, sconce light, three windows, walk-in closet, large closet and en-suite Master Bathroom with marble floor, ½ tile wall with mosaic inset, pedestal sink with light above, window, linen closet, stall shower
- Bedroom #2/Office with hardwood floor, closet with shelving, sconce light, three windows
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floor, sconce light, two windows, closet
- Hall Bathroom with tile floor, vanity sink with storage below, glass shelf, mirror above, medicine cabinet with light above, Jacuzzi style tub with shower, window
Second Level (via Rear Staircase)
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floor, dormer window and additional window, light fixture, walk-in closet and en-suite Bathroom with original claw foot tub with shower overhead, tile floor, window, pedestal sink with light above, crown moulding
- Recreation Room with tile floor, recessed lighting, two windows, crown moulding, built-in entertainment center with storage
- Utility Room with two storage closets, work bench and pegboard, utility sink, window, washer and dryer, supplemental refrigerator
Additional Features and Upgrades
- New roof with radiant heat shield (holds in the heat in winter and cool air in summer)
- Rear deck
- Painted throughout (2017)
- Hall Bathroom toilet (2017)
- Jado Kitchen faucet (2017)
- Kitchen subway tile backsplash (2017)
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.