Totally Updated Four Bedroom Glenwood Home on a Cul-De-Sac!Short Hills
23 Wellington Ave, Short Hills NJ 07078
- 23 Wellington Ave
- Short Hills
- 3 full
New Listing For Sale! 23 Wellington Ave, Short Hills NJ 07078
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Newly renovated & expanded with arts and crafts style detailing, open kitchen/family room addition, on a quiet cul-de-sac backing to woods by arboretum. new kitchen, baths, windows high ceilings, finished walkout lower level with bedroom and full bath and more! Chef’s gourmet kitchen with high end appliances, breakfast bar and dining alcove, Great Room with raised beamed ceiling and fireplace, Master Bedroom suite with large walk-in closets and luxurious master bath, finished lower level with large Recreation Room with alcove area plumbed for wet bar, Exercise Room, Guest Bedroom and Full Bath with steam shower. Custom details combined with the ultimate in modern amenities make this home truly special!
Welcome to 23 Wellington Avenue, an expanded bi-level situated on a picturesque and quiet tree-lined cul-de-sac with totally wooded and private backyard in the Glenwood section of Short Hills. A recent full home renovation has incorporated unique Arts & Crafts style detailing along with the ultimate in modern materials and amenities.
Step through the warm hued wooden door with leaded glass accents into the soaring entry foyer of this uniquely styled home. A built-in étagère with lighted glass shelves provides a welcoming display area and your first glimpse of all that this home has to offer. The open and airy floor plan comes into view just to the right as you enter a spacious Living Room. Highlighted by newly refinished hardwood floors and an abundance of light thanks to the large skylights just above a roomy seating area, it’s the perfect place to gather for conversation before proceeding through a broad archway into the Dining Room featuring an attractive Arts & Crafts style chandelier and easy access to the chefs dream Kitchen. Here, preparing meals is a dream with so many custom amenities incorporated into the design – fine cherry cabinetry with lighted glass fronted accents and impressive granite countertops provide the backdrop for high-end appliances – while elegant stained glass pendant lights illuminate the work surfaces and center island breakfast bar. Continue on into the Great Room featuring a vaulted ceiling, impressive gas fireplace and beautiful views of the lush greenery outside the numerous Arts & Crafts style windows. Take a minute to enjoy the view out on the wooden deck reached through the rear door located in the adjacent casual dining area.
The bedroom wing is home to 3 generous-sized bedrooms and 2 new luxurious bathrooms finished with unique materials. The Master suite offers striking views of lush greenery in the private backyard, two walk-in closets and a master bath highlighted by a large double sink vanity with “river rock” granite counters and a large tiled walk-in shower. An additional new hall bath assures family and guest’s daily needs are met.
And there’s more…a finished lower level boasts a large light-filled Recreation Room with attractive laminate flooring and a grand fireplace, an additional space that’s ideally suited for a Gym or Home Office, a fully equipped Laundry Room, a walk-in pantry with built-in shelving and a guest bedroom with new bath with steam shower just outside.
This one-of-a-kind home is ready to move into with the added benefit of becoming part of a community with a blue ribbon school district, easy access to NYC transportation and a vibrant downtown area with first class shopping, superb restaurants and abundant parks and recreation facilities.
Floor by Floor Description of 23 Wellington Ave, Short Hills NJ 07078
- 2 story Entry Foyer with built-in LED lighted étagère with glass shelves, chandelier, double door coat closet, Mission style banister and hardwood floors
- Living Room with hardwood floors, recessed lights, skylight, large picture window, ledge overlooking entry foyer; broad archway open to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, Craftsman style light fixture; open to Kitchen, Great Room and Living Room
- Kitchen with cherry cabinetry with glass front accents, all Moen fixtures, granite counter tops, marble tile backsplash, under cabinet lighting, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, center island with prep sink, pullout mixer shelf, potato and onion drawer and breakfast bar, 4 Craftsman style pendant lights, high end appliances including Electrolux gas range with Shabbat burner and double gas ovens, additional electric wall oven, stainless hood, 31 cubic foot Kenmore refrigerator/freezer, built-in microwave, 24” deep rolling drawer pantry, double utensil drawer, double decker Lazy Susan, bread drawer, separate dining area with pendant light; open to the Great Room
- Great Room with hardwood floors, raised beamed ceiling, gas fireplace, 6 large windows and 2 clerestory windows, ceiling fan with light, Craftsman style fixture, recessed lights and doorway to deck
- Master Bedroom with raised beamed ceiling, hardwood floors, Craftsman style ceiling fan with light, three adjoining windows, two walk-in closets and en suite bath featuring double sink vanity with granite counter and light fixtures above, faux stone porcelain tile floor and backsplash, walk-in shower with window, built-in seat and corner shelves, hand held shower head, light fixture, recessed lights and 2 built-in medicine cabinets
- Bedroom #2 with carpeting (hardwood floors below), double door closet, light fixture and 2 large windows
- Bedroom #3 with carpet (hardwood underneath), 3 large windows, double closet with bi-fold doors, light fixture
- Hall Bath with double sink vanity with granite counters and 2 light fixtures, faux stone porcelain tile floor and backsplash, built-in medicine cabinet, linen closet, shower over oversized tub with hand held shower head, separate commode
- Recreation Room with high end wood-like laminate flooring, recessed lighting, 7 windows, plumbed for wet bar, gas fireplace with surround and mantel; door to backyard and garage access
- Exercise Room with high end wood-like laminate floors and 3 large windows
- Laundry Room with laminate flooring and washer/dryer and utility sink
- Walk-in Pantry closet with shelving and window
- Bedroom #4 with large walk-in closet, fixture and window
- Full Bath with faux stone porcelain tile floor and backsplash, vanity with “river rock” granite counter, storage below, and medicine cabinet and fixture above, large walk-in tiled steam shower with glass door
- 2 car garage with 1 electric door
- 2-Zone heat/AC
- Whole house humidifier
- Extensive renovation/addition completed in 2013 including all new plumbing, Kitchen renovation, Great Room addition, all bathrooms new throughout, all floors refinished, installation of Mission/Arts & Crafts style Anderson windows with exterior mullions (all with “no-see” screens), doors and bannister, bluestone front steps and brick paver walkway
- Under slab French drains
- Raised wood deck outside Great Room
- Bluestone patio outside lower level
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.