Updated & Charming 4 Bed, 3.2 bath Tudor-style in Short HillsMillburn/Short Hills
24 Haddonfield Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 24 Haddonfield Rd
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 3 Full and 2 Half
New Listing For Sale! 24 Haddonfield Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue Adler 973-936-9129 for more information
Step inside 24 Haddonfield Road, a charming Tudor style home with 360-degree views of the neighborhood, nestled in beautiful Short Hills. This four bedroom, three full, two half bath home is adorned with custom built-ins and high end finishes throughout. Although this home is fully updated, the original floor plan—including the space’s captivating original details—remains intact. Dark wood exposed beams, arched doorways, vaulted ceilings, and stucco walls bring you back in time but the brand new granite and marble kitchen and updated bathrooms contributes to this home’s completely move-in ready status.
Drive up the quiet, winding roads of this ideal Short Hills neighborhood to find 24 Haddonfield’s large, grassy yard encircling the uniquely detailed home. Notice the freshly painted stucco exterior complemented by brand new, energy efficient windows. Old world charm is immediately apparent once you notice the traditional diamond grid windows and detailed casings. Custom landscaping and a bluestone walkway lead you to the front door. Walk inside to find immaculate oak hardwood floors, and then gaze up at your breathtaking vaulted ceilings with exposed beams. The main staircase to your left takes you up to your easily accessible Powder Room covered in marble and dressed with a custom window covering. Show off your favorite china or glassware in two original built-in units flanking your fireplace in the enormous Living Room on your right. Gigantic, custom windows pour in natural light to emphasize the glowing floors and exposed ceiling beams. A Sunroom at the back of the house gives you views of the expansive back yard and patio, and a fantastic space to relax or give the kids some space to play. Shut the custom accordion pocket door when you need privacy. Move through the elegant archway into the formal Dining Room where the hardwood and exposed beams continue to impress juxtaposed next to updated features such as the brand new chandelier.
Undoubtedly, the Kitchen is a true masterpiece. The new granite countertops complement the all-white custom cabinetry that includes a pull out pantry, spice racks and a marble backsplash. A built in stainless steel Bosch microwave hovers over the electric Bosch stove and oven. A family of four can sit down to breakfast at the marble peninsula that includes lots of legroom and deep storage. Polished nickel fixtures compliment the exquisite ceramic floor. In the rear hallway off the Kitchen, you’ll discover a convenient side entrance, as well as access to the first floor bedroom, where a giant walk-in closet and full bathroom crafted in marble and ceramic will wow guests and family alike.
Head back up the main staircase with chestnut railings and you will be welcomed by three more large Bedrooms. Inside the Master Bedroom notice how chandelier sparkles in the natural light, serving as a magnificent centerpiece to the room and take note of the original archways, which honor the time period of the home. Through the fully renovated en-suite jack and jill bathroom, complete with polished nickel fixtures and marble throughout, you will be connected to Bedroom #2, which boasts built in features inside the spacious closet. Across the hall you will find Bedroom #3, which flaunts a full en-suite bathroom covered in marble and renovated to perfection.
Make your way to the Lower Level off of the Kitchen and be amazed by the endless possibilities the finished basement has to offer. Built in storage and pantry units line the wall ensuring you’ll never run out of space for supplies. Utilize the custom built-ins to make the downstairs a place for parties and recreation or configure a long pull out sofa to serve as extra sleeping space for guests. A fully renovated bathroom clad in ceramic with recessed lights makes spending hours in this space convenient. An LG energy efficient washer/dryer, built in drying rack, and extra closet area makes the basement highly functional. A mudroom with existing shelving keeps everyone’s shoes organized and the floors clean from outside dirt. Step outside to the two-car garage, which includes tons of storage space and entryway to the backyard.
Enjoy the benefits of a beautiful home at 24 Haddonfield Road along with the benefits of living in Short Hills, New Jersey. Easily travel into New York City for work or leisure from the Short Hills or Millburn train stop. Shop downtown or at the exclusive Mall at Short Halls or even see a show at the Paper Mill Playhouse. Send your children to a Blue Ribbon school system with free busing to Hartshorn Elementary School in one of the most affluent towns in New Jersey by calling 24 Haddonfield Road your home.
Floor by Floor Details of 24 Haddonfield Road, Short Hills NJ 07078
- Foyer with oak hardwood floor, two story entry and deep coat closet
- Living room with oak hardwood floor, stucco walls, original exposed ceiling beams, fireplace, two built-in units with archways, sconces, windows on two sides
- Sunroom with slate floor, large windows, access to backyard and patio, custom accordion pocket door
- Dining Room with oak hardwood floor, arched entryway, original exposed ceiling beams, sconces, overhead light fixture, two windows
- Kitchen with granite countertops, marble backsplash, custom white cabinetry with deep drawers, pull out pantry and spice racks, ceramic flooring, recessed lighting, stainless steel Bosch microwave and electric cooktop and stove, Samsung refrigerator, water purifier, custom marble topped peninsula with seating and polished nickel fixtures overhead and access to basement
- Bedroom #4 with angled ceiling, ceiling fan with light, walk-in closet, wall-to-wall carpeting, full en-suite bathroom with ceramic and marble floor and walls, shower over tub and light fixture
- Rear hallway with Italian ceramic floor, secondary entryway, window with custom shade
- Powder Room off stairwell landing with marble floor, large window with custom shade, marble sink and brushed bronze fixtures
- Master bedroom with oak hardwood floor, arched entryway, arched built-in area, stucco walls, two closets and chandelier
- Jack and Jill Master Bathroom with vanity, window, mosaic marble floor and polished nickel fixtures
- Bedroom #2 with oak hardwood floor, large custom windows, closet with built-in shelving, stucco walls and access to shared Master en-suite Bathroom
- Bedroom #3 with oak hardwood floor, large custom windows, chandelier, two walk-in closets, one has access to full size attic storage, full en-suite bathroom with marble floor and shower, new lighting fixture and polished nickel hardware
- Finished Recreation Room with high ceilings, newly painted wood paneling, new wall to wall carpeting, recessed lighting, built-in storage areas, built-in closets and pantry
- Laundry Room with LG washer/dryer and vinyl wood-look flooring
- Powder Room with deep vanity storage with storage, ceramic floor, recessed lighting, mirror with light fixture
- Mudroom with vinyl wood-look flooring, built-in shelving and seating area
- 2 car garage with additional storage space, custom electric door, poured cement floors and stairway to backyard
Additional Features and Upgrades
- Newly painted throughout (2015)
- Recreation Room carpet (2015)
- Garage Door and Opener (2015)
- New, insulated, double paned Marvin casement windows throughout home (2007-2011)
- Custom copper gutters (2010)
- Energy efficient LED lighting throughout house
- Water purifier in kitchen
- Sump Pump
- Wireless security system with glass breaking, motion and door sensor
- Slate roof (monitored and maintained regularly)
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.