5 Bedroom Updated Hartshorn Section HomeMillburn/Short Hills
241 Long Hill Dr Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 241 Long Hill Dr
- Millburn/Short Hills
- New Jersey
- 3 Full and 1 Half
241 Long Hill Dr Short Hills, NJ 07078
New Listing! Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
A short drive through the winding, tree lined streets of the desirable Hartshorn section of Short Hills will bring you to 241 Long Hill Drive, a spacious raised ranch sitting proudly atop a two-tiered lot with stunning wooded views in the rear of the home. Walk up the bluestone path and through the attractive wooden door and you’ll soon see just how much this home has to offer.
The welcoming entry foyer immediately leads you through an archway into the spacious Living Room featuring hardwood floors and a charming bay window. Here you can enjoy time with family and friends while basking in the warmth emanating from the large brick fronted fireplace. Continue on into the Sun Room where warm rays stream through many windows and you’re sure to unwind as you cozy up in front of the fireplace with your favorite book. Step out through the sliders to a wooden deck overlooking the magnificent property or have a seat in the neighboring Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, a decorative built-in corner cabinet and another set of sliding doors overlooking the backyard. It’s a truly fabulous setting for a formal holiday meal prepared in the adjacent custom Kitchen where preparing meals is a dream with high-end appliances as well as plenty of counter and storage space. Enjoy a quick bite as you take a seat in the Breakfast Room area that sits directly below three large skylights.
Flanking the Entry Foyer to the right is a flexible bedroom wing where, at the end of the day, everyone will find his or her own personal retreat. An airy Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors and an en suite bath as well as 2 additional bedrooms, a conveniently located full Hall Bath and a cozy Library/Office complete the first level living space. Additional options abound as you proceed up the rear staircase to the second level where 2 large bedrooms with plenty of closet space are linked by a Jack & Jill Bath featuring a double sink vanity and abundant storage space. The set up is perfect to assure privacy for older children or guests. Easy access to an expansive attic storage area is an added plus.
And there’s more…a finished lower level includes a large carpeted Recreation/Game Room that’s sure to be a gathering place for a night in front of the TV, playing cards or even a game of Ping-Pong or pool. A library with carpeting and built-in shelves can serve as a home office or study room with easy access to the Powder Room and the unfinished Utility/Laundry Room. Sliding doors lead you outside to the brick paver patio accented by two elegant columns that sits below an expansive canopy of mature trees. Picture the space set with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells emanating from the barbecue as you enjoy the serenity of simply looking at the lush greenery below.
With it’s sought after location, easy access to NYC transportation, Blue Ribbon schools and world class shopping and restaurants, 241 Long Hill Drive is the perfect place to call home.
Floor By Floor Details of 241 Long Hill Dr Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Foyer with ceramic tile floor, coat closet, light fixture, wood door with side lights and archway to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, bay window, recessed lights, double sided gas fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround, access to Dining Room and two archways to Sun Room
- Sun Room with vaulted ceiling, ceramic tile floor, windows on three sides with blinds, decorative arched palladium window, gas fireplace (two sided) with brick surround, fixture and sliding doors to outdoor deck
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, windows with blinds, French doors to deck, recessed lights, built-in corner cabinet with decorative glass front panels and storage below, swinging door to Kitchen
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, vaulted ceiling with 3 skylights, custom cabinetry with glass fronted cabinets, granite counters and travertine backsplash, granite topped center island with stainless steel double sink, pantry cabinets, recessed lighting, high end appliances including Kitchen Aid 4 burner gas cooktop, Kitchen Aid double electric wall oven and GE Profile refrigerator/freezer, Breakfast Room and contemporary sliding doors to deck
- Library/Office with recessed lights, hardwood floors, and access to second level staircase
- Full Hall Bath with ceramic tile floors, vanity cabinet with sink and granite counter, recessed lights, shower over tub with glass door and linen closet
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, closet with bi-fold doors, windows with Roman shades, recessed lights and En Suite Bath with walk-in tiled shower with glass door, window with shades, vanity with Corian top, light fixture
- Bedroom #2 with double closet, hardwood floors, fixture and windows with Roman shades
- Bedroom #3 with large closet with shelving, hardwood floors, recessed lights, window overlooking backyard with Roman shade
- Gallery landing with carpeting and access to attic storage
- Bedroom #4 with large windowed wall, carpet, 2 large closets, access to attic storage and en suite Jack & Jill bath with tiled shower over tub with glass door, linen closet, vanity with 2 sinks, Formica counters and storage cabinets below, recessed lights and medicine cabinet
- Bedroom #5 with full wall of closets, carpet, windows facing backyard and access to Jack & Jill bath
- Hallway closet between Bedrooms 4 and 5
- Recreation/Game Room with carpet, paneling, built-in shelves, recessed lights, grade level windows with wood blinds and access to brick paver patio in backyard and 2 car garage
- Library with carpeting and double storage closet with shelves
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, pedestal sink, recessed lights and tiled walls
- Utility Room with washer/dryer, laundry folding surface, storage cabinet, utility sink and vinyl tile floor
- 2 car garage with electric doors and additional storage/work room access
- Brick paver patio with outdoor lighting and decorative columns
- 2-tiered backyard with play area and large wooded area
- Supreme security system
- Multi-zone forced-air Heat/AC (AC upgraded 2011)
- Complete exterior painting (2015)
- Professionally landscaped (2015)
- Upgraded power box (2011)
- New Chimney (2014)
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.