Exquisite 1901 Old Short Hills Home on over an acre of lush propertyMillburn/Short Hills
32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 32 Twin Oak Rd
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 1.23 Acres *lot is approximate as reflected on Tax Records
- 5 Full and 2 Half
32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-464-9129
Sitting majestically on over an acre of rolling lawns nestled beneath a canopy of lush mature trees, 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078 is a truly unique home. Originally built in 1901, this Old Short Hills home boasts recent upgrades which have enhanced the home while maintaining its original character, charm and rich history.
After a short walk up a meandering bluestone steps the welcoming Entry Foyer with its patterned bluestone tile floor provides the first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Proceed through a large arched entry into the Living Room featuring a grand fireplace with custom built-in cabinets on either side, beamed ceiling and large windows with decorative moldings overlooking the patio and lush backyard…a truly grand room for entertaining family and friends. From here, the double French doors lead into the terra cotta-tiled Sunroom where, bathed in natural sunlight, you’ll enjoy relaxing views of the front patio and lush greenery while you cozy up for an afternoon respite. Or if you prefer, continue through to the Family Room where the warmth of another fireplace beckons as a backdrop for a game of pool or other family fun. When it’s time to dine, proceed to the large Formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, a charming window seat overlooking the patio and built-in display space for your favorite pieces. The adjacent Kitchen is bright and open with its white custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including an extra prep sink, granite countertops and reclaimed wood plank floors. It’s an ideal setting for preparation of a gourmet creation or simply a quick snack in the Breakfast Room. A Bedroom / Den with cathedral ceiling and En Suite Bath and a conveniently located Powder Room complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level where a galley hallway enhanced by original period details guides you to the Master Bedroom Suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms with En Suite Baths –a conveniently located laundry room, an Office with an adjacent Sitting Room, a large linen closet and access to the third floor. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite, impeccably designed with cathedral ceilings and large windows on 3 sides, bringing the outside in. Two walk-in closets with custom shelving as well as built-in dressers, an adjacent dressing area and a spa-like Master Bath featuring a granite double sink vanity, stall shower and whirlpool tub with private views of the property complete the suite. Take the staircase up to the third floor where guests will appreciate the extra privacy found in 2 additional bedrooms and a full Bath along with a large Sitting Room and plenty of attic storage.
And there’s more…the unfinished basement has a gym, powder room, and provides plenty of room for storage. Outside, the large stone patio with attractive fieldstone retaining wall is ideally suited for entertainment with extreme privacy as it sits in the heart of sprawling park-like grounds complete with charming stone paths and a wooden gazebo.
With so many options to grow with your changing family, 32 Twin Oak Road is a private retreat in the midst of world-class amenities and Blue Ribbon schools. This breathtaking property is the ideal place for your family to call home.
Floor by Floor details of 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entrance Hall with bead board ceiling, bluestone tile floor with sandstone accents, and 2 large coat closets
- Living Room with hardwood floors, large wood-burning stone fireplace with wood mantel and bluestone hearth, crown moldings, wood-beamed ceiling, built-in bookcases, French doors to Sunroom, glass -paned doors to rear patio, access to Dining Room and Game Room
- Dining Room with arched entry from Living Room and swinging door from Kitchen, hardwood floors, crown molding and wainscoting, French Doors to Sunroom, built-in shelves, cabinetry and window seat
- Sun Room with terra cotta tile floors, French doors to Living Room
- Family Room with arched doorway, built-in storage cabinets, bookcases and entertainment center, speakers (wired for sound system), wall AC unit, recessed lighting, carpet, wood-burning fireplace with stone surround, wood mantle and granite hearth and crown molding
- Kitchen with granite counters, wide plank reclaimed wood floors, Breakfast area, 2 large window seats, large decorative paned windows, GE Profile double wall oven, Jennair gas cooktop in center island, double sink with disposal, separate prep sink, dishwasher, recessed lighting, pendant light over center island; large pantry with plumbing (converted from laundry room), tile backsplash, built-in desk and book shelves; rear staircase to second level and staircase to basement level
- Den/Bedroom 7 with wood paneled cathedral ceiling and wood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding, built-in shelving/closet, door to front porch
- En-Suite Bath with tiled stall shower and tile floor
- Powder Room with marble top vanity and marble floors, crown molding and decorative light fixture
- Exterior stone patio with rounded fieldstone retaining wall
- Galley hallway with hardwood floors and crown moldings, stained glass window ensconced in section of original exterior brick wall, large linen closet and window seat; access to third level
- Master Suite with 2 walk-in closets with custom shelving, hardwood floors, built-ins, French doors, cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan, separate sitting area
- Master Bath with tile floor, marble top vanity with double sinks, whirlpool tub with marble surround and separate tiled stall shower
- Bedroom #4 features double closet with built-in drawers, original wood floors and En Suite Bath with Corian topped vanity with tile backsplash, crown molding, and shower over tub
- Bedroom #3 with walk-in closet, hardwood floors and windows with decorative moldings; En Suite Bath with ceramic tile, shower over tub, Corian vanity
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors
- Office with pocket doors, wood floors and decorative windows
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, sink, shelving and folding area, large windows and washer/dryer
- Bedroom #5 with sitting room, closet, hardwood floors, built-in dresser and desk and window seat and En Suite Bath with white ceramic tile floors, vanity and stall shower
- Bedroom #6 with wood floors, window seat and access to attic storage
- Unfinished basement with storage room, utility room, powder room and exercise room
Additional Features and Updates
- Bluestone patio
- Security/Fire alarm system
- Sump pump and French drains
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Back staircase
- Electric Fence
- Bedroom 7, full bathroom (2013)
- Extended front foyer, main staircase, Master bedroom suite, bedroom 6 suite (2003)
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.