Exquisite 1901 Old Short Hills Home on over an acre of lush propertyMillburn/Short Hills
32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 32 Twin Oak Rd
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 1.23 Acres *lot is approximate as reflected on Tax Records
- 5 Full and 2 Half
32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-464-9129
Sitting majestically on over an acre of rolling lawns nestled beneath a canopy of lush mature trees, 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078 is a truly unique home. Originally built in 1901, this Old Short Hills home boasts recent upgrades which have enhanced the home while maintaining its original character, charm and rich history.
After a short walk up a meandering bluestone steps the welcoming Entry Foyer with its patterned bluestone tile floor provides the first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Proceed through a large arched entry into the Living Room featuring a grand fireplace with custom built-in cabinets on either side, beamed ceiling and large windows with decorative moldings overlooking the patio and lush backyard…a truly grand room for entertaining family and friends. From here, the double French doors lead into the terra cotta-tiled Sunroom where, bathed in natural sunlight, you’ll enjoy relaxing views of the front patio and lush greenery while you cozy up for an afternoon respite. Or if you prefer, continue through to the Family Room where the warmth of another fireplace beckons as a backdrop for a game of pool or other family fun. When it’s time to dine, proceed to the large Formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, a charming window seat overlooking the patio and built-in display space for your favorite pieces. The adjacent Kitchen is bright and open with its white custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including an extra prep sink, granite countertops and reclaimed wood plank floors. It’s an ideal setting for preparation of a gourmet creation or simply a quick snack in the Breakfast Room. A Bedroom / Den with cathedral ceiling and En Suite Bath and a conveniently located Powder Room complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level where a galley hallway enhanced by original period details guides you to the Master Bedroom Suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms with En Suite Baths –a conveniently located laundry room, an Office with an adjacent Sitting Room, a large linen closet and access to the third floor. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite, impeccably designed with cathedral ceilings and large windows on 3 sides, bringing the outside in. Two walk-in closets with custom shelving as well as built-in dressers, an adjacent dressing area and a spa-like Master Bath featuring a granite double sink vanity, stall shower and whirlpool tub with private views of the property complete the suite. Take the staircase up to the third floor where guests will appreciate the extra privacy found in 2 additional bedrooms and a full Bath along with a large Sitting Room and plenty of attic storage.
And there’s more…the unfinished basement has a gym, powder room, and provides plenty of room for storage. Outside, the large stone patio with attractive fieldstone retaining wall is ideally suited for entertainment with extreme privacy as it sits in the heart of sprawling park-like grounds complete with charming stone paths and a wooden gazebo.
With so many options to grow with your changing family, 32 Twin Oak Road is a private retreat in the midst of world-class amenities and Blue Ribbon schools. This breathtaking property is the ideal place for your family to call home.
Floor by Floor details of 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entrance Hall with bead board ceiling, bluestone tile floor with sandstone accents, and 2 large coat closets
- Living Room with hardwood floors, large wood-burning stone fireplace with wood mantel and bluestone hearth, crown moldings, wood-beamed ceiling, built-in bookcases, French doors to Sunroom, glass -paned doors to rear patio, access to Dining Room and Game Room
- Dining Room with arched entry from Living Room and swinging door from Kitchen, hardwood floors, crown molding and wainscoting, French Doors to Sunroom, built-in shelves, cabinetry and window seat
- Sun Room with terra cotta tile floors, French doors to Living Room
- Family Room with arched doorway, built-in storage cabinets, bookcases and entertainment center, speakers (wired for sound system), wall AC unit, recessed lighting, carpet, wood-burning fireplace with stone surround, wood mantle and granite hearth and crown molding
- Kitchen with granite counters, wide plank reclaimed wood floors, Breakfast area, 2 large window seats, large decorative paned windows, GE Profile double wall oven, Jennair gas cooktop in center island, double sink with disposal, separate prep sink, dishwasher, recessed lighting, pendant light over center island; large pantry with plumbing (converted from laundry room), tile backsplash, built-in desk and book shelves; rear staircase to second level and staircase to basement level
- Den/Bedroom 7 with wood paneled cathedral ceiling and wood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding, built-in shelving/closet, door to front porch
- En-Suite Bath with tiled stall shower and tile floor
- Powder Room with marble top vanity and marble floors, crown molding and decorative light fixture
- Exterior stone patio with rounded fieldstone retaining wall
- Galley hallway with hardwood floors and crown moldings, stained glass window ensconced in section of original exterior brick wall, large linen closet and window seat; access to third level
- Master Suite with 2 walk-in closets with custom shelving, hardwood floors, built-ins, French doors, cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan, separate sitting area
- Master Bath with tile floor, marble top vanity with double sinks, whirlpool tub with marble surround and separate tiled stall shower
- Bedroom #4 features double closet with built-in drawers, original wood floors and En Suite Bath with Corian topped vanity with tile backsplash, crown molding, and shower over tub
- Bedroom #3 with walk-in closet, hardwood floors and windows with decorative moldings; En Suite Bath with ceramic tile, shower over tub, Corian vanity
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors
- Office with pocket doors, wood floors and decorative windows
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, sink, shelving and folding area, large windows and washer/dryer
- Bedroom #5 with sitting room, closet, hardwood floors, built-in dresser and desk and window seat and En Suite Bath with white ceramic tile floors, vanity and stall shower
- Bedroom #6 with wood floors, window seat and access to attic storage
- Unfinished basement with storage room, utility room, powder room and exercise room
Additional Features and Updates
- Bluestone patio
- Security/Fire alarm system
- Sump pump and French drains
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Back staircase
- Electric Fence
- Bedroom 7, full bathroom (2013)
- Extended front foyer, main staircase, Master bedroom suite, bedroom 6 suite (2003)
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood , Hartshorn, Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program wwhere the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air it is understandable why Millburn and Short Hills have become a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. Great news for Millburn residents! The Maplewood jitney service now picks up in the Wyoming Section and dropping at the Maplewood train station. Stops at 2 locations are scheduled: Ridgewood Road and Cypress Street & Wyoming and Elm Street for a $1 fare each way. check out our blog for more info There are two railroad stations serving the area, one in the heart of Short Hills and the other in the center of Millburn, from where New York Penn Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit ‘s Midtown Direct Train Line. Going to down town Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into Hoboken, as well as New York’s financial district. For the scenic route, many commuters prefer to take the ferry across from Hoboken instead. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/ Short Hills. Parking at Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $360 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.