38 Westview Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 2 full, 1 half
- $4,659 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Don’t miss this fabulous split Colonial home in the desirable Deerfield Section of Short Hills. 3 levels of living space featuring spacious light filled rooms and hardwood floors throughout. Unfinished 3rd level is plumbed for completion as potential Master Suite or Recreation Room. Expansive unfinished basement provides additional options. Updated Kitchen with breakfast room and sliding doors that lead to expansive paver patio and fabulous free-form pool. Handsome Home Office with French doors, Family Room with full wall custom built-in featuring abundant storage and 2 desks. Freshly painted interiors in neutral colors. Truly exceptional value with top-rated schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct Train and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants.
Welcome to 38 Westview Road, a spacious split colonial set stately atop nearly an acre of property in one of Short Hills most sought after neighborhoods. Originally built in 1961, the home boasts numerous updates and the potential for so much more!
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed up the curved walkway, through the handsome covered portico and into the welcoming Entry Foyer of this light filled home. Attractive hardwood floors lead you to each of the well-planned living and dining spaces found throughout the home. Directly ahead, through elegant French doors is a rich looking home office complete with a full wall of built-in shelving and a large picture window with backyard views. Through a broad archway to the left is the formal Living Room featuring an attractive wood burning fireplace with carved wood mantel and custom built-in shelving that’s just waiting to be personalized with your favorite collectibles. The Living Room opens to the Dining Room for effortless entertaining. This large room is the perfect place to entertain family and guests who will surely enjoy meals prepared in the neighboring updated Kitchen. The Kitchen features custom cabinetry accented by high end appliances and attractive granite countertops. Enjoy the convenience of the built-in desk space and wet bar sink that sit opposite the spacious Breakfast Room with alluring backyard views.
At the end of the day, you’ll proceed up the stairs to the second level where newly uncovered hardwood floors lead to 3 inviting bedrooms and 2 full baths to assure everyone’s complete comfort. The Master Suite includes a spacious bedroom with plenty of closet space and a well-appointed en suite bath. 2 additional bedrooms with plenty of closet space enjoy easy access to the updated full Hall Bath featuring a large vanity with double sinks and faux marble top. Continue up just a few more steps to an expansive, fully plumbed 3rd level space that’s just waiting for a new owner to define…create a private master suite, a children’s play room or even an artist studio. The space is yours to use as you see fit!
A fabulous casual space is found in the lower level Family Room where a full wall custom built-in provides plenty of cabinets and drawers, 2 work stations that are ideal for homework assignments or daily paperwork, shelving that’s just perfect for display of your favorite books and a dedicated space for a large screen TV. Gather round with friends to watch your favorite movie in this warm and inviting space. The lower level is also home to an elegant Powder Room and a fully equipped, conveniently located Laundry Alcove. An expansive unfinished basement level provides also provides options for your family’s changing needs.
And there’s more…continue on outdoors to your own two –level private backyard oasis. Here you can dine al fresco on the expansive brick paver patio before taking a dip in the custom designed free form pool nestled amid lush lawns, well planned shrubbery and a canopy of mature trees. Vacationing at home has never been more pleasing.
38 Westview Road boasts a sought-after location in an ideal family neighborhood that’s near downtown shopping and restaurants. Access to Blue Ribbon schools and NYC transportation are icing on the cake! It’s the perfect place to make your next home!
Floor by Floor Details of 38 Westview Road, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer with wood door with glass sidelights, hardwood floors, coat closet, front-to-back views through Office, recessed lighting; broad archway to Living Room, French doors to Office and lower level
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, large picture window with sheers, fireplace with wood mantel and painted brick surround, custom built-in to the left with display shelving and storage cabinets; doorway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, 2 windows, recessed lighting; swinging door to Kitchen
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, custom cabinetry with granite counter tops, Villeroy and Bach tile backsplash, Thermador double wall over, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, GE Profile built-in microwave, GE Profile 4-burner cooktop, KitchenAid dishwasher, built-in desk with granite top, stainless steel sink with disposal and instant hot, supplemental bar sink, pantry with pullout drawers, broom closet; swinging door to Dining Room and open to Breakfast Room
- Breakfast Room with ceramic tile floor, chandelier and sliding doors to backyard
- Office with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, full wall built-in shelving, painted paneled walls, large picture window with wood shades, crown molding
- Landing with hardwood floors, 2 linen closets with shelving, recessed lighting
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, 3 windows, ceiling fan, recessed lighting, 2 walk-in closets with wire shelving, en suite bath with tile floor, vanity with Corian top, built-in mirrored medicine chest above and storage below, linen closet, stall shower with glass door and tiled walls, window with wood shutters
- Bedroom #2 with carpet (hardwood floors below), 3 windows with blinds (2 exposures), ceiling fan, recessed lighting, walk-in closet with wire shelving
- Bedroom #3 with carpet (hardwood floors below), double door closet, 2 windows with wood blinds, recessed lighting
- Hall Bath featuring 2 sink vanity with faux marble top and fully mirrored wall above, storage below, tile floor, built-in mirrored medicine cabinet, recessed lighting, separate commode and shower over tub with sliding glass door and tiled walls
- Unfinished attic space with 5 windows plumbed for completion as a Master Suite
- French door entry leads to hallway with hardwood floors, closet, access to Family Room, Powder Room, Laundry Alcove, Garage and Basement
- Laundry Alcove with slatted doors, Whirlpool front loading washer, Maytag dryer and utility sink
- Family Room with full wall custom built-in with 2 desks, storage cabinets and shelving, picture window, carpet, recessed lighting, custom window treatments, chair rail with paneling below
- Powder Room with marble tile, pedestal sink with glass shelf and mirrored medicine cabinet above, recessed light, window with wood shutters
- Expansive unfinished space with storage room and access to utilities
- Professionally landscaped property with curved walkway to columned covered front entry, fully fenced in backyard featuring stone retaining walls, large brick paver patio with retractable awning and sun-drenched free form pool
- 2-car garage with electric doors, storage area with wire shelving and supplemental refrigerator
- 2-zone forced air heat/AC
- 85-gallon hot water heater
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 2 | 1
- 2 | 1
- 5 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 4 | 1
- 3 | 1
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country, and with good reason. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and a short commute to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area; and whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods or farm fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. This concentration of artists helps shape Short Hills’s character. Short Hills began as a planned community when Stewart Hartshorn (who became wealthy from developing, perfecting and manufacturing the self-acting shade roller) purchased 13 acres of land in Millburn Township near the present-day Hobart Avenue, Parsonage Hill Road, and Chatham Road. Hartshorn's purpose was to create "a harmonious community for people who appreciated nature," and "where natural beauty would not be destroyed by real estate developments, and where people of congenial tastes could dwell together." He later increased his land holdings to 56 acres for himself and 1,552 acres for the whole village, with each plot not owned by Hartshorn being no larger than 1/2 acre. Hartshorn chose the name "Short Hills" because it reflected the topography of the region, and also because the local Lenape Native Americans used that same name to describe the region. One local resident suggested that he call his village "Hartshornville," but he definitively refused. Click here for more information about the Millburn/Short Hills Master Plan!
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
Short Hills Schools
Short Hills Commuting Info
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
A Sweet Treat for Autism Speaks – Sue Adler’s Sea Side Salt Water Taffy!READ MORE
Happy May Day!READ MORE
Sue Adler Team 2016 Market ReviewREAD MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC