42 Glendale Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
- 4 full, 1 half
- $4,221 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Don’t miss this outstanding 4 Bedroom, 4 and a Half Bath home just a mile from downtown in sought after Summit close to Midtown Direct, top notch schools and downtown shopping and restaurants. Quintessential modern aesthetic with generous open living spaces, stunning Conservatory, lavish use of windows, soaring ceilings, seamless connection of indoors and outdoors, Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen, Great Room with easy access to outdoors, exceptional Master Suite with dual walk-in closets and spa-like Master Bath, 3 additional bedrooms (1 with En Suite Bathroom) and outstanding lower level complete with ENORMOUS Wine Cellar with Wine Tasting Room, Family/Media Room and huge Mudroom and more! This home, an entertainer’s dream, simply cannot be missed!
Welcome to 42 Glendale Road, a 4 Bedroom, 4 and a Half Bath entertainer’s paradise in sought after Northside Summit just a mile to downtown with fabulous shopping and restaurants, Midtown Direct trains, and all downtown Summit has to offer. Immediate access onto 24, 78 and 20 minutes from Newark airport provide complete convenience for the busy executives. If you are seeking a picture perfect home with modern, open concept living design in an outstanding natural setting, look no further. Generous open spaces and lavish use of windows make this home virtually dissolve into the outdoors. The home’s centrally located Conservatory, oversized windows and soaring ceilings allow natural light to glow deep into the heart of the home. Simply put, the indoors and outdoors seamlessly connect to create the perfect tranquil environment.
Drive up and admire the luscious green front lawn and professionally landscaped property. Stroll up the meandering stone walkway and enter through the warm, double Entry Doors where you are sure to be transfixed by everything this home has to offer. Your eye will be immediately drawn to the dramatic 20’ foot Conservatory where light literally pours in from every angle. Whether it’s gathering around the piano in the fall, housing a massive, brilliantly lit Christmas tree for the holidays or featuring a garden oasis in the spring and summer, the Conservatory is the heart of this home. Elegantly cascading around the Conservatory are the Living Room, Great Room and Dining Room. The Living Room boasts hardwood floors, an elegant vaulted ceiling and dramatic outdoor views through the floor to ceiling windows. Flow into the bright and airy Dining Room featuring abundant sunlight and exquisite views of the lush outdoors. Enjoy cozy nights by the fire in the Great Room featuring gleaming hardwood floors, a stately fireplace and beautiful views of the Conservatory beyond. The room is bathed in sunlight thanks to 2 sets of oversized sliding doors providing a dazzling view of the sumptuous backyard. The renovated Gourmet Kitchen, with its custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, two-tiered island and top of the line stainless steel appliances, make this truly a place you will love to spend time. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the Breakfast Room as you soak in the beautiful height and variation of the outdoors. A tasteful Powder Room rounds out the main living area.
Ready to retire for the evening? Take a stroll down a few steps to the gallery hallway with dramatic 18’ foot ceilings and skylights to the spacious Master Bedroom Suite complete with hardwood floors and plenty of closet space with dual walk-in closets. You will be blown away by the spa-like Master Bathroom with chic basket weave tile flooring, custom double vanity with granite countertop and built-in Jacuzzi tub. Walk down the gracious second story hallway to find the other 3 bedrooms, one with an en suite renovated bath, custom wood vanity and classic tile throughout and two additional spacious rooms that share the renovated Full Hallway Bath.
One more show stopper of 42 Glendale is the enormous Lower Level ready to suit all your entertaining needs. The massive Wine Cellar and adjacent Tasting Room are reminiscent of Napa Valley and will be ground zero for any wine enthusiast. The massive Family/Media Room is perfect for movie night, billiards or just hanging with friends. A Playroom/Exercise room, Den and tasteful Full Bathroom round out this Level.
The basement level features a large Mudroom with plenty of storage closets to keep everything organized that walks into a 3 car garage. And as if that’s not enough, get ready to relax in the meticulously landscaped backyard oasis that is perfect for al fresco dining or roasting marshmallows with family and friends. The backyard is complete with professional lighting and integrated audio system certain to make your special events a success.
Words truly can’t describe how outstanding this home is. Once you experience all of the luxurious upgrades and see the meticulously landscaped grounds, you are sure to fall in love. This home, an entertainer’s dream, simply cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 42 Glendale, Summit
- Multi level, natural stone and paver stone walkway leading to double front Entry Doors
- Entry Foyer with vaulted ceiling featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chandelier light fixture, Coat Closet
- 20-foot glass dome Conservatory (currently being used as Garden Room)
- Living Room featuring vaulted 15’ ceiling, hardwood floors, baseboard molding, floor to ceiling windows
- Dining Room featuring vaulted 16’ ceiling, hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chandelier, floor to ceiling windows
- Great Room featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, fireplace with custom millwork and stone surround, 2 sets of sliding glass doors out to natural stone and stone paver Patio
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom cherry wood cabinetry, granite countertops, granite backsplash, top of the line Viking stainless steel cooktop and grill, dual DCS wall ovens, Sub Zero refrigerator, 2 Bosch dishwashers, microwave, garbage disposal, gooseneck fixture, recessed lighting, 2 tiered island with seating for 3
- Breakfast Room featuring hardwood floors, pendant lighting, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture, bay of casement windows
- 1st Floor Laundry Closet
- Powder Room
- Gallery Hallway with 18’ ceilings, skylights, Linen Closet
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, dual walk-in closets
- Master Bathroom featuring basket weave stone tile flooring, custom vanity with storage, dual vessel sinks, granite countertops, two 3-light sconces, chandelier, tiled shower with frameless glass door, built-in Jacuzzi tub with granite and tile surround
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, casement windows, double door closet
- Bedroom #2 Ensuite Bathroom featuring tiled flooring, bath/shower combination with tile surround and decorative border, custom vanity with storage, tile framed mirror, vanity lighting, storage cabinet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, casement windows, baseboard molding, double door closet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, double door closet, baseboard molding, casement windows
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring vanity with storage, tile flooring, bath/shower combination with tile surround
- Family/Media Room featuring carpeting, sound proofing, wired for media, recessed lighting, dry bar
- Wine Cellar with 4,500 bottle capacity built-in storage, bar height seating area, recessed lighting
- Wine Tasting Room featuring tiled flooring, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, wall sconces
- Full Bathroom featuring tile flooring, vanity with storage, shower, flush mount ceiling light with fan
- Utility Room
- Mudroom featuring tiled flooring, custom built-ins, 3 double door storage closets, recessed lighting
- 3 car garage
- Large Storage room
- Just under ½ acre
- Natural and stone paver Patio
- Professional landscaping with natural boulder walls and stone walkways
- Professional exterior lighting (2 zones)
- 12 zone irrigation system
- 14-18’ foot ceilings in Foyer, Dining Room, Great Room and Living Room
- Interior/Exterior multi-zone Bose sound system
- 2 zone Heat/AC (replaced 2014 and 2016)
- Hot Water Heater replaced in 2017
- Full House exterior re-stained, garage and utility room painted (2015)
- Windows and skylights replaced (2010)
- Master Bath updated (2010)
- Electrolux central vac system
- Wi-fi and hard wired home security
- Invisible Fence
- Roof replaced in 2008
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 4 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 2 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 3 | 1
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Don't be fooled by the MLS calling Summit "Summit City." It is NOT a city. Summit is known for having one of the best upscale town centers in the area. Living within walking distance of this town is AMAZING! The energetic town of Summit, NJ is surrounded by incredible real estate: absolutely exquisite estate homes, charming family homes and convenient, cozy town homes and condominiums. Check out burbio for all Summit events, schools, and other helpful info! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Summit School Information
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Summit Commuting Info
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.
Summit BLOG POSTS
100th Home Sale Charity Program – We’re Almost There!READ MORE
Top-Rated Midtown Direct Communities for FamiliesREAD MORE
Tennis Anyone?READ MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC