42 Glendale Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
- 4 full, 1 half
- $3,862 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Don’t miss this outstanding 4 Bedroom, 4 and a Half Bath home just a mile from downtown in sought after Summit close to Midtown Direct, top notch schools and downtown shopping and restaurants. Quintessential modern aesthetic with generous open living spaces, stunning Conservatory, lavish use of windows, soaring ceilings, seamless connection of indoors and outdoors, Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen, Great Room with easy access to outdoors, exceptional Master Suite with dual walk-in closets and spa-like Master Bath, 3 additional bedrooms (1 with En Suite Bathroom) and outstanding lower level complete with ENORMOUS Wine Cellar with Wine Tasting Room, Family/Media Room and huge Mudroom and more! This home, an entertainer’s dream, simply cannot be missed!
Welcome to 42 Glendale Road, a 4 Bedroom, 4 and a Half Bath entertainer’s paradise in sought after Northside Summit just a mile to downtown with fabulous shopping and restaurants, Midtown Direct trains, and all downtown Summit has to offer. Immediate access onto 24, 78 and 20 minutes from Newark airport provide complete convenience for the busy executives. If you are seeking a picture perfect home with modern, open concept living design in an outstanding natural setting, look no further. Generous open spaces and lavish use of windows make this home virtually dissolve into the outdoors. The home’s centrally located Conservatory, oversized windows and soaring ceilings allow natural light to glow deep into the heart of the home. Simply put, the indoors and outdoors seamlessly connect to create the perfect tranquil environment.
Drive up and admire the luscious green front lawn and professionally landscaped property. Stroll up the meandering stone walkway and enter through the warm, double Entry Doors where you are sure to be transfixed by everything this home has to offer. Your eye will be immediately drawn to the dramatic 20’ foot Conservatory where light literally pours in from every angle. Whether it’s gathering around the piano in the fall, housing a massive, brilliantly lit Christmas tree for the holidays or featuring a garden oasis in the spring and summer, the Conservatory is the heart of this home. Elegantly cascading around the Conservatory are the Living Room, Great Room and Dining Room. The Living Room boasts hardwood floors, an elegant vaulted ceiling and dramatic outdoor views through the floor to ceiling windows. Flow into the bright and airy Dining Room featuring abundant sunlight and exquisite views of the lush outdoors. Enjoy cozy nights by the fire in the Great Room featuring gleaming hardwood floors, a stately fireplace and beautiful views of the Conservatory beyond. The room is bathed in sunlight thanks to 2 sets of oversized sliding doors providing a dazzling view of the sumptuous backyard. The renovated Gourmet Kitchen, with its custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, two-tiered island and top of the line stainless steel appliances, make this truly a place you will love to spend time. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the Breakfast Room as you soak in the beautiful height and variation of the outdoors. A tasteful Powder Room rounds out the main living area.
Ready to retire for the evening? Take a stroll down a few steps to the gallery hallway with dramatic 18’ foot ceilings and skylights to the spacious Master Bedroom Suite complete with hardwood floors and plenty of closet space with dual walk-in closets. You will be blown away by the spa-like Master Bathroom with chic basket weave tile flooring, custom double vanity with granite countertop and built-in Jacuzzi tub. Walk down the gracious second story hallway to find the other 3 bedrooms, one with an en suite renovated bath, custom wood vanity and classic tile throughout and two additional spacious rooms that share the renovated Full Hallway Bath.
One more show stopper of 42 Glendale is the enormous Lower Level ready to suit all your entertaining needs. The massive Wine Cellar and adjacent Tasting Room are reminiscent of Napa Valley and will be ground zero for any wine enthusiast. The massive Family/Media Room is perfect for movie night, billiards or just hanging with friends. A Playroom/Exercise room, Den and tasteful Full Bathroom round out this Level.
The basement level features a large Mudroom with plenty of storage closets to keep everything organized that walks into a 3 car garage. And as if that’s not enough, get ready to relax in the meticulously landscaped backyard oasis that is perfect for al fresco dining or roasting marshmallows with family and friends. The backyard is complete with professional lighting and integrated audio system certain to make your special events a success.
Words truly can’t describe how outstanding this home is. Once you experience all of the luxurious upgrades and see the meticulously landscaped grounds, you are sure to fall in love. This home, an entertainer’s dream, simply cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 42 Glendale, Summit
- Multi level, natural stone and paver stone walkway leading to double front Entry Doors
- Entry Foyer with vaulted ceiling featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chandelier light fixture, Coat Closet
- 20-foot glass dome Conservatory (currently being used as Garden Room)
- Living Room featuring vaulted 15’ ceiling, hardwood floors, baseboard molding, floor to ceiling windows
- Dining Room featuring vaulted 16’ ceiling, hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chandelier, floor to ceiling windows
- Great Room featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, fireplace with custom millwork and stone surround, 2 sets of sliding glass doors out to natural stone and stone paver Patio
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom cherry wood cabinetry, granite countertops, granite backsplash, top of the line Viking stainless steel cooktop and grill, dual DCS wall ovens, Sub Zero refrigerator, 2 Bosch dishwashers, microwave, garbage disposal, gooseneck fixture, recessed lighting, 2 tiered island with seating for 3
- Breakfast Room featuring hardwood floors, pendant lighting, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture, bay of casement windows
- 1st Floor Laundry Closet
- Powder Room
- Gallery Hallway with 18’ ceilings, skylights, Linen Closet
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, dual walk-in closets
- Master Bathroom featuring basket weave stone tile flooring, custom vanity with storage, dual vessel sinks, granite countertops, two 3-light sconces, chandelier, tiled shower with frameless glass door, built-in Jacuzzi tub with granite and tile surround
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, casement windows, double door closet
- Bedroom #2 Ensuite Bathroom featuring tiled flooring, bath/shower combination with tile surround and decorative border, custom vanity with storage, tile framed mirror, vanity lighting, storage cabinet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, casement windows, baseboard molding, double door closet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, double door closet, baseboard molding, casement windows
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring vanity with storage, tile flooring, bath/shower combination with tile surround
- Family/Media Room featuring carpeting, sound proofing, wired for media, recessed lighting, dry bar
- Wine Cellar with 4,500 bottle capacity built-in storage, bar height seating area, recessed lighting
- Wine Tasting Room featuring tiled flooring, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, wall sconces
- Full Bathroom featuring tile flooring, vanity with storage, shower, flush mount ceiling light with fan
- Utility Room
- Mudroom featuring tiled flooring, custom built-ins, 3 double door storage closets, recessed lighting
- 3 car garage
- Large Storage room
- Just under ½ acre
- Natural and stone paver Patio
- Professional landscaping with natural boulder walls and stone walkways
- Professional exterior lighting (2 zones)
- 12 zone irrigation system
- 14-18’ foot ceilings in Foyer, Dining Room, Great Room and Living Room
- Interior/Exterior multi-zone Bose sound system
- 2 zone Heat/AC (replaced 2014 and 2016)
- Hot Water Heater replaced in 2017
- Full House exterior re-stained, garage and utility room painted (2015)
- Windows and skylights replaced (2010)
- Master Bath updated (2010)
- Electrolux central vac system
- Wi-fi and hard wired home security
- Invisible Fence
- Roof replaced in 2008
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 3 | 1
- 2 | 1
- 2 | 1
- 2 | 1
- 4 | 1
- 4 | 1
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Summit, New Jersey is a scenic and highly sought after locale with gorgeous homes and an upscale town center. The township features exquisite estates, charming family homes, cozy townhouses, and fabulous condominiums, all set within a peaceful and social community. Summit’s location makes transportation to New York extremely convenient, and its award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities, and rich history is impossible to upstage. Summit residents love to call this community their home! Check out burbio for all Summit events, schools, and other helpful info! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Summit School Information
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
Summit Commuting Info
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.
Summit BLOG POSTS
Why This Is The Market For The Move Up BuyerREAD MORE
Imagine the Grand Prize Recipient in The Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity ProgramREAD MORE
“In The Know” Fall Editions Are Here!READ MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC