45 Great Hills Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
45 Great Hills Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 45 Great Hills Rd
- Short Hills
Listing for Sale! 45 Great Hills Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Pristine 5 Bedroom, 3 ½ bath Colonial, with expansive living space and flowing floor plan, located in the heart of the coveted Deerfield section of Short Hills. Nestled among mature trees with serene, private backyard, this bright, gracious home boasts 3 fireplaces, large and elegant Living Room, formal Dining Room, Sun Room with French doors, bright and spacious renovated Kitchen flowing into open and airy Family Room addition with floor to ceiling windows and excellent flow for entertaining. Lower level finished Recreation Room with fireplace and bonus room/office/Bedroom with full Bath. Park-like backyard, brick patio, stone wall, surrounded by a sprawling lawn, lush gardens and rustic stone outdoor stone oven. Truly exceptional value with top-rated schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct Train and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants.
Drive up to 45 Great Hills Road and you will instantly see that this is not your ordinary center hall colonial. Over ¾ of an acre of lush property, a convenient circular driveway, charming board and batten shutters and a stone and clapboard exterior all contribute to this home’s exceptional curb appeal. This pristine and stately 5 Bedroom, 3 ½ Bath home, in the heart of the Deerfield section of Short Hills, simply cannot be missed!
Enter though the classic red original wood door into the deep, warm and welcoming Entry Foyer complete with hardwood floors, coat closet and an elegant staircase leading to the second level. The spacious and bright Living Room is an entertainer’s dream with its exceptional statement fireplace with stone surround and custom millwork mantel and flanked by two large windows. Light pours in the large bow window illuminating the immense living area. Charming French doors lead to the stunning Sun Room complete with 2 floor to ceiling walls of windows, stone floor, delightful bead board ceiling and breathtaking views of the outdoor gardens. A brick patio, with outstanding views of the lush backyard, is easily accessed from the Sun Room making indoor and outdoor entertaining seamless. Fireside dinner parties are divine in the formal Dining Room complete with designer lighting and custom built-ins with plenty of room to display all your family heirlooms. Cooking is ideal in the renovated Kitchen complete with crisp white custom cabinetry, designer backsplash, high-end appliances, and Corian countertops. The kitchen’s built-in desk area is a bonus and sure to be command central for any busy family. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the roomy Breakfast Room complete with dazzling light fixture, glass front corner cabinets and additional storage so that not a thing will be out of place. The real show stopper of this home is the amazing open and airy Family Room flowing easily from the Kitchen area. You are sure to be enchanted by the hardwood floors, custom built-ins, floor to ceiling windows, skylights and French Doors all bringing in the light and greenery from the garden beyond. A cozy deck, ripe for rocking chairs and lemonade, is conveniently located off the French double doors. A tasteful Powder Room, with an impressive vanity with storage, rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stairway to the 2nd floor and you will be in awe of the open and roomy Master Bedroom Suite boasting immense privacy and gorgeous architectural details. The Master Suite features brilliant sunlight, hardwood floors, arched ceiling, built-in storage and dressing area. A spacious walk-in master closet has plenty of room so that everything will be neatly tucked away. A convenient en-suite Bathroom rounds out the space. Three additional spacious Bedrooms with hardwood floors, one complete with a massive walk-in cedar closet, await you. The gigantic updated Hallway Bathroom, complete with stylish tile and large double vanity, tastefully completes the 2nd level.
And that’s not all! The home’s lower level provides plenty of additional living space with a sizable, carpeted Recreation Room complete with flagstone fireplace, perfect for movie watching or cozy nights by the fire. Off of the Recreation Room are a Bonus Room and full Bathroom, perfect for use as a Nanny Suite, Guest Room or Office. A large Laundry Room with adorable checkerboard flooring offers plenty of additional storage space.
The true jewel of 45 Great Hills Road is the scenic, park-like property featuring immense privacy, mature specimen trees, Brick Patio and rustic outdoor Stone oven perfect for roasting marshmallows with family and friends. A standalone Storage shed and attached Garden shed provide plenty of room for storing all your gardening wares.
With its prestigious neighborhood, close proximity to Midtown Direct train and New York City, top notch schools and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 45 Great Hills is a fantastic value and cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 45 Great Hills Road, Short Hills
- Charming red wood front door with storm door
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture with drum shade, elegant staircase leading to 2nd floor, painted neutral off white
- Coat Closet
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, oversized wood vanity with storage, 2 sconces, decorative sink with floral motif
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, bow casement window, fireplace with rustic stone surround and custom millwork mantel, painted neutral off white, double French doors leading to Sun Room
- Sun Room featuring stone flooring, floor to ceiling Pella windows at 2 exposures, bead board ceiling, door leading to brick patio, recessed lighting
- Dining Room featuring fireplace with stone surround and custom millwork mantel, chair rail, hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, built-ins with cabinet storage and open shelving above, chandelier with linen drum shade, paneling on fireplace wall
- Renovated Kitchen featuring custom wood cabinetry, Corian countertops, decorative back splash, tile flooring, recessed lighting, Kenmore stainless steel refrigerator, Kenmore 5 burner oven/range, Samsung built-in microwave, Bosch dishwasher, elegant sink fixture, insta-hot, custom desk area with storage, door to 2 car garage
- Breakfast Room featuring tile flooring, wainscoting, 2 built-in corner cabinets with glass front and cabinet storage, large storage cabinet and drawers, pendant light fixture with drum shade
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, custom built-ins with storage, floor to ceiling Pella casement windows, 3 skylights, double French doors leading to outdoor wood deck, tile entryway by French doors, recessed lighting
- 2nd floor landing featuring hardwood floors, linen closet with floor to ceiling shelving, baseboard molding
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, arched ceiling, closet in entry vestibule, Dressing Area with built-in drawer storage, walk-in closet with hanging and shelving storage, flush mount light fixture in dressing area
- Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring, tile wainscoting, exhaust fan, shower with tile, vanity with storage, mirror over sink, 3 light sconce,
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, octagonal window, large windows, large closet with double doors, sconce, walk-in cedar closet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, arched ceiling, baseboard molding, closet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, sconce, closet
- Full Hallway Bathroom featuring decorative tile flooring, tile shower over tub with decorative niche, decorative tile border in shower, mirror with recessed storage, vanity lighting, double vanity with storage, skylight
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Recreation Room featuring stone fireplace, carpeting, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting
- Utility Storage Room
- Office/Bedroom #5 featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, large closet with double doors
- Laundry Room with linoleum flooring, built-in storage, Kenmore front load washer and dryer
- Full Bathroom featuring tile flooring, wood vanity with storage, medicine cabinet, vanity lighting, shower, fan
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Alarm System
- Sump pumps
- Roof ice melt system
- Over ¾ acre property
- Elegant stone and brick staircase leading to brick patio
- Deck off Family Room with built-in planter
- Rustic outdoor stone oven, mature specimen trees and stone wall
- Storage shed and attached Gardening shed
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.