Absolutely Exquisite Old Short Hills ColonialShort Hills
47 Delwick Lane, Short Hills NJ 07078
- 47 Delwick Lane
- Short Hills
- 6 full, 1 half
For Sale! 47 Delwick Lane, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-464-9129!
Move right in to this picture perfect, uniquely designed home situated on a prime sought after location in the heart of Short Hills. Built in 1999 with plenty of living space, this home features 7 gracious bedrooms, 6 ½ baths, elegant millwork throughout and a grand curved staircase that makes a real statement upon entering the home.
A circular drive leads you through a columned covered front portico into the spacious Entry Foyer featuring grand archways that define the easy flowing floor plan and rich tasteful embellishments seen throughout the home. The soaring ceilings, warm hued hardwood floor with mahogany inlay borders and impressive architectural woodwork provide an inviting first glimpse to all this special home has to offer.
Proceed into the chef’s dream Kitchen where custom cabinetry, top of the line appliances accented by fine granite and ceramic tile backsplash provide the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack at the breakfast bar. Enjoy a causal meal in the adjacent, sunny Breakfast Room with large windows and French doors leading to the spacious backyard. A conveniently located Butler’s Pantry equipped with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and a wine refrigerator serves your needs while entertaining in the neighboring Formal Dining Room that features an intricately coffered ceiling showcasing a striking Dennis & Leen crystal chandelier sure to impress your guests. After dining, you’ll take advantage of the choice of spacious rooms in which to retire: the airy Living Room with its stunning fireplace and large windows, the Family Room highlighted by a beamed ceiling, custom built-in cabinets, French doors leading to the patio and a floor to ceiling stone fireplace that’s the focal point of the room. Each room provides an inviting setting for conversation, movie watching or snuggling up by the fireplace with a book. A handsome mahogany paneled Library/Office, an additional bedroom and full bath, a fully equipped Laundry Room as well as a conveniently located Powder Room appointed with custom details complete the first level.
When it’s time to retire for the night, the stately curved staircase will lead you to the second floor Gallery Landing, 5 spacious bedrooms and 4 full baths. Luxury surrounds
you in the Master Suite as light streams through large windows with 3 different exposures. The suite is impeccably designed with an enormous His & Hers walk-in closet accessible through an elegant Dressing Room while additional custom built-in cabinetry assures there’s a place for everything. An en suite spa-like marble bath is the perfect place to unwind at the end of the day as you soak in the tub that sits majestically beneath large mullioned windows facing the backyard greenery. 4 additional bedrooms (2 with en suite baths and one currently being used flexibly as an Exercise Room) have plenty of closet space and flexibility for family and guest use. A full Hall Bath and a rear staircase leading to the 1st level Kitchen wing round out the second level living space.
And there’s more… the large rear patio and sprawling flat lawns are ideally suited for outdoor entertaining…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbecue and room for all of your outdoor hobbies. A full finished basement with expansive L-shaped Recreation Room with high ceiling, tiled Mud Room, an additional bedroom, a full bath, garage access and an abundance of storage space provides plenty of potential to meet changing needs.
47 Delwick Lane is an architectural masterpiece and dream home in every way. Within walking distance to downtown shopping, Blue Ribbon schools and NYC transportation, this home is truly a show stopper!
Floor by Floor Details of 47 Delwick Lane, Short Hills NJ 07078
- Grand Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, raised panel wainscoting, 11 ½ foot ceilings, deep crown moldings, rich mahogany front door with beveled glass sidelights, intricately carved wooden archways leading to adjacent living spaces, coat closet, hidden wall closet off landing, recessed lighting, 4 Jean Karajian sconces, Holly Hunt light fixture, elegant curved stairway to second floor and access to Powder Room, in-wall speakers
- Powder Room with marble topped furniture style vanity, 2 brass sconces with silk shades, crown molding, hardwood floor, frosted glass light fixture
- Office/Library with carpet, 3 large windows with Roman shades, custom mahogany paneling and built-in cabinetry with storage, book shelves and desk, recessed lighting and 2 sconces, in-cabinet speakers
- Formal Dining Room featuring intricately carved archway with pocket doors, hardwood floors with inlay border, coffered ceiling, chair rail, wainscoting below large picture window flanked by 2 additional windows, custom drapery, swinging door to Butler’s Pantry/Wet Bar, Dennis & Leen crystal chandelier and 2 Dennis & Leen crystal sconces, in-wall speakers
- Butler’s Pantry/Wet Bar with custom cherry cabinetry with glass fronted accents, granite countertops with storage and wine refrigerator below, under-cabinet lighting, copper prep sink, recessed lighting, deep base molding and access to Kitchen
- Custom Salerno’s Kitchen cabinetry, hardwood floors, granite countertops, ceramic tile backsplash with decorative accents, high end appliances including Thermador stainless steel Professional series 6-burner range with griddle and 1.5 ovens below, Sub-Zero stainless refrigerator/freezer, 2 Bosch dishwashers with matching cabinetry panels, Sharp microwave, double stainless steel Franke sink with disposal and large windows above, center island with granite counter, breakfast bar and storage cabinets, built-in desk with cabinets and book shelves above, recessed lighting, under-cabinet lighting, 2 Ann Morris brass and copper with nickel plating and stem pendant fixtures above island, ceiling speakers, walk-in pantry closet with shelving; open to Breakfast Room
- Breakfast Room with hardwood floors, Holly Hunt light fixture, deep crown moldings, large picture window facing backyard patio, 2 French doors with patio access, pocket doors to center hallway, archway to Family Room, ceiling speakers
- Family Room with hardwood floors, beamed ceiling, recessed lighting, built-in cabinetry with TV/sound system and book/display shelves, 4 large windows with window treatments, floor to ceiling stone fireplace with raised hearth, detailed carved archway to center hallway
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors with mahogany inlay border, 3 large windows with window treatments, egg and dart ceiling moldings, recessed lighting, large gas fireplace with carved wood mantel and slate surround, ceiling speakers, pocket doors to center hallway
- Bedroom #6 with carpet, closet with shelving, light fixture and 2 windows
- Full Hall Bath with tile floor, crown molding, stall shower with glass door, vanity with tiled counter top, framed mirror above and storage below, 2 sconces, window with blinds
- Laundry Room with tile floor, Kenmore washer, Maytag dryer, utility sink with surrounding folding surface and storage cabinets above, wet hanging area and built-in ironing board
- Gallery landing overlooking entry hallway with hardwood floors, wainscoting, deep crown moldings, recessed lighting and access to rear staircase
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring tray ceiling, dentil molding, carpet, 5 large windows with 3 exposures, chandelier, ceiling speakers, custom cabinetry with display shelving and storage below, sitting area; dressing room with glass shelved display nooks, recessed lighting, His & Hers walk-in closet with access through 2 separate doors and custom built-ins; en suite bath with radiant floor heat, 2 sink Jerusalem stone topped vanity with storage below and full wall framed mirror above, 2 built-in medicine cabinets, honed marble floor with decorative accents, recessed lighting, ceiling speakers, spa tub with Jerusalem stone surround below large Palladian window with backyard views, walk-in honed marble shower with glass door, 3 shower heads (rain, hand held and stationary), built-in bench and corner shelves and ceiling speaker, separate commode room with built-in storage cabinets and shelves
- Exercise Room/Bedroom #2 with carpet, ceiling speakers, 3 large windows, large walk-in storage closet, additional closet with shelving
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, crown molding, 3 windows with shades, built-in cabinets/book shelves, walk-in closet with shelving, en suite bath with ceramic tile floor, ½ tiled wall, crown molding, recessed lighting, pedestal sink, built-in medicine cabinet and linen storage cabinet, 2 sconces, stall shower with glass door, built-in bench and 2 shower heads (hand held and stationary)
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, large windows with Hunter Douglas wood shades, crown molding, light fixture and walk-in closet with custom shelving
- Bedroom #5 (Guest Master Suite) featuring arched windows with decorative mullions and window treatments, angled ceiling, carpet, 2 walk-in closets with shelving, custom built-in wall unit with desk, drawers and cabinet storage, sitting alcove and chandelier; en suite bath with marble tiled floor, marble topped vanity with framed mirror above and cabinets below, 2 sconces, walk-in tiled shower with glass door, 2 shower heads (hand held and stationary) and built-in bench and corner shelf
- Full Hall Bath with marble floor and ½ wall, crown molding, marble topped vanity with large framed mirror above and cabinets below, linen closet, separate commode with window and blinds
- Mudroom with stone tile floor, bead board wainscoting, 2 closets with shelving and built-in bench between, 2 large walk-in storage closets and access to side door and 3 car garage and Storage Room
- Bedroom #7 with carpet, 2 windows, double closet with shelving, light fixture
- Full Bath with stone tile floor, stone topped vanity with storage below, ½ tiled wall, walk-in shower, recessed lights
- Expansive L-shaped Recreation Room with French door entry, carpet, recessed lighting, grade level windows, ceiling speakers, walk-in cedar closet with carpet, large storage closet and walk-in closet and access to Bonus/Storage room and Utility Room
- Single owner 1999 custom home by James Paragano Architect LLC and Consolidated Contracting
- 11 foot ceiling in lower level Recreation Room
- 3 car garage with electric doors
- 5-Zone forced air heat/AC
- Napco Fire/Security system
- Professionally landscaped .78 acre property with stone patio
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.