Elegant Five Bedroom Colonial In Old Short HillsMillburn/Short Hills
54 Forest Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 54 Forest Drive
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 3 Full and 2 Half
New Listing For Sale! 54 Forest Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue for Details 973-464-9129
New Price! $1,780,000
Situated on a picturesque, tree-lined street in prestigious Old Short Hills, this immaculate move-in ready colonial has been updated and renovated to perfection both inside and out, and just a short walk to train to NYC.
An attractive bluestone path leads you past the elegant front columns and through rich looking double doors into the Entry Foyer and your first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Warm hued wood floors and custom wainscoting provide an ideal neutral backdrop for the home and its extensive living and entertaining spaces. The first level has excellent flow for both entertaining and daily family life. Here you’ll find an elegant formal Living Room, an ideal setting for grand festivities as friends and family enjoy the warmth emanating from the large fireplace while light filters in from windows on three sides. For a more intimate setting, proceed to the adjacent Den with its stunning views of the backyard greenery. Cozy up in front of the gas fireplace with gleaming wood mantel and marble surround as you relax after a day’s work. Continue on into the custom cherry wood Kitchen and take advantage of top-of-the-line stainless appliances as you prepare a quick snack or a gourmet meal easily served in the adjoining Breakfast Room. Step outside through the sliding doors onto the deck for a barbeque while overlooking rolling lawns nestled beneath a canopy of mature trees. Invite your guests into the formal Dining Room that’s sure to impress with its hardwood floors, wainscoting and elegant chandelier. A conveniently located Powder Room as well as a fully equipped Laundry Room complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening you’ll proceed to the grand staircase leading up to the second level where a gallery hallway guides you to the Master Bedroom Suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms. Luxury surrounds you in the master suite impeccably designed with a large walk-in closet with custom shelving, a dressing area with built-in cherry vanity and the spa-like En Suite Bath where you’re sure to feel pampered as you relax in the whirlpool tub. Three additional bedrooms, all with hardwood floors, large windows and plenty of closet space, have easy access to the full Hall Bath and large linen closet. An open and airy third level bedroom and full hall bath add an additional sleeping option with the ultimate in privacy.
And there’s more…the newly remodeled lower level includes a large Recreation Room with plenty of storage space for toys and games, a Media Room with cherry built-ins for all your electronics equipment, a built-in wet bar adjacent to a 500 bottle capacity temperature controlled wine room and a gym equipped with rubber tile floor and built-in bookcase. No matter the activity that you choose, this home has the perfect place for it!
Loving care and thoughtful updates have kept 54 Forest Drive fresh and modern. This move-in ready colonial brings generous interior spaces, a prime location and pretty setting together into one fabulous package. Blue Ribbon schools, Glenwood Elem, Millburn Middle and High School, and easy walk to train to NYC, Millburn Ave, restaurants and world class shopping are icing on the cake!
Floor by Floor Details for 54 Forest Dr, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings, paneled wainscoting, crystal fixture, 2 double coat closets with shelving, archway to Dining Room and Living Room and access to Den and Lower Level
- Living Room with large windows on 3 sides, fireplace with wood mantel, bluestone hearth and brick surround, crown moldings, hardwood floors, window blinds and access to Den
- Den with hardwood floors, crown moldings, large picture window, window treatments, gas fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround, built-in bookcases, light fixture and access to Foyer
- Powder Room with marble tile floor, crown moldings, vanity with marble top, light fixture and window facing rear of home
- Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom cherry cabinetry with limestone backsplash, decorative tile accents and granite countertops, built-in display shelves, stainless steel appliances including 4 burner cooktop, Dacor double wall oven, GE Profile microwave, sink with garbage disposal, SubZero refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher with matching wood panel, granite topped center island with 2 pendant lights, recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, sliders to deck with stairs to driveway and backyard
- Breakfast Room with hardwood floors, chandelier, sliders to deck with stairs to driveway and backyard and access to Dining Room and Laundry Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, deep crown moldings, chandelier, 2 large windows, wainscoting
- Laundry Room with bead board wainscoting, crown molding, ceramic tile floor, washer/dryer, utility sink, cabinets, oval accent window, broom/pantry closet and access to garage with refrigerator
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, crystal fixture and linen closet with shelving
- Bedroom #1 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, large picture window with blinds and double closet with built-in shelves
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, windows with blinds and large double closet with shelving
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, windows with blinds and double closet with shelves
- Hall Bath with travertine tile floor, double sink vanity with granite top, shower over tub with travertine tile walls, crown moldings, recessed lighting, linen closet, large built-in mirror above vanity
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, 3 windows, dressing area with built-in vanity table and fixture, large walk-in closet with custom built-ins and light fixture and en suite bath with marble tile floor and walls, double sink vanity with granite top and framed mirror above, recessed lighting, whirlpool tub, walk-in shower with glass doors and window with blinds
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, 3 closets, 3 windows, light fixture and air conditioning unit
- Hall Bath with tile floor, Formica vanity with mirror and cabinets, recessed lights, stall shower with built-in bench and glass door, window with blinds and access to attic storage
- Recreation room with carpet, recessed lights and large closet with shelving
- Media Room with recessed lights, carpet, built-in cherry wood wall unit and large walk-in storage closet
- Bar Area with sink, custom cherry cabinetry with granite countertop, decorative shelving, recessed lighting and access to Wine Room
- Wine Room with 500 bottle capacity, slate floor, Whispercool unit and light fixture
- Gym with rubber tile floor, recessed lighting, built-in bookcase and cabinets
- Powder Room with bluestone tile floor, marble top vanity, 2 sconces and bead board wainscot
- Utility Room
- Professionally landscaped property
- 1 Zone forced air heat/AC with additional AC unit on 3rd level
- 2 car garage with electric door
- Security system
- Whole house renovation (2005)
- Basement remodel (2010)
- New 75 gallon hot water heater (2014)
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood , Hartshorn, Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program wwhere the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air it is understandable why Millburn and Short Hills have become a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. Great news for Millburn residents! The Maplewood jitney service now picks up in the Wyoming Section and dropping at the Maplewood train station. Stops at 2 locations are scheduled: Ridgewood Road and Cypress Street & Wyoming and Elm Street for a $1 fare each way. check out our blog for more info There are two railroad stations serving the area, one in the heart of Short Hills and the other in the center of Millburn, from where New York Penn Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit ‘s Midtown Direct Train Line. Going to down town Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into Hoboken, as well as New York’s financial district. For the scenic route, many commuters prefer to take the ferry across from Hoboken instead. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/ Short Hills. Parking at Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $360 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.