55 Locust Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041
- 2 full, 1 half
- $3,230 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
SOLD! The Sue Adler Team is excited to announce the sale of 55 Locust Ave in Millburn. With our custom seller success strategy, we presented the seller with 4 offers all above list price! Thinking about selling your South Mountain Home? Call The Sue Adler Team today 973-936-9129
Nestled on a tree-lined street in the South Mountain Elementary School neighborhood, this charming, move-in ready Tudor at 55 Locust Avenue is warm and inviting, just waiting for your personal touches! A convenient Entry Vestibule is the perfect place to remove wet boots and corral coats, backpacks and shoes, and leads through to the Foyer, where you get your first glimpse of the easy flow of a floor plan suited for entertaining and daily living. Through the arched opening, you’ll enter into the large Living Room, which is centered around the room’s focal point, the striking stone fireplace. Openings on either side of the fireplaces lead to a sweet Sunroom, which allows plenty of light to stream in through the expansive casement windows. Highlighted with an exposed brick wall, this versatile space is perfect as a music room, office or a place to curl up with a good book. The opposite side of the Living Room opens seamlessly into the formal Dining Room, large enough to host all of your family and guests alike. French doors lead to the expansive rear deck, make indoor and outdoor entertaining and living a total joy. Between the Dining Room and the Kitchen, you’ll find a bright Breakfast Area, complete with built-in cabinetry, ideal for casual dining. The Kitchen is large and well equipped, with dual ovens and dual cooktops. The space is enhanced by light flooding in through the skylight, and access to the deck and yard make outdoor entertaining a breeze! Rounding out the first floor is the TV Room, with amazing potential for a convenient first-floor Bedroom, Powder Room and access to the attached two-car Garage.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, you’ll find the spacious Master Bedroom a welcome retreat from the business of the day. You’ll love the en-suite Master Bathroom, the abundant closet space and the charming sitting area, a perfect spot for enjoying morning coffee or unwinding in the evening. The two additional Bedrooms are gracious and bright, with ample closet space for all. Additional storage can be found in the hall cedar and linen closets, and a spacious hall bath rounds out the Second Floor.
And there’s more….the Third Floor provides a convenient, finished Bonus Room and walkout Attic Storage; while the Lower Level is home to a Wine Cellar, Laundry Area and a finished Recreation Room for additional flexible living space. Outside, a private fenced in Backyard sits beneath a canopy of mature trees. A lush lawn provides plenty of room for playtime and all of your favorite hobbies while an expansive deck affords the perfect place for summer entertaining, while providing a seamless transition between indoors and outdoors.
With its easy proximity to Downtown, shopping, dining and the Midtown Direct Train Line, access to sought-after Blue Ribbon schools, 55 Locust Avenue is the ideal place to call home!
Room by Room Details of 55 Locust Avenue, Millburn
- Entry Vestibule with light fixture, tiled floor, closet, baseboard molding, glass paned wood entry door
- Foyer with hardwood floor, baseboard molding, crown molding, architectural port hole cut out, stairwell to 2nd level
- TV Room/Potential 4th Bedroom with carpet, closet (currently used as an entertainment center to house electronics), crown molding, recessed lighting, mounted speakers, two windows
- Kitchen with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, built-in speakers, baseboard molding, pantry, skylight and double windows over sink, built-in SubZero double door refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, center island with granite top, gas cooktop and griddle, double ovens, glass paned door to rear deck
- Breakfast Area with light fixture, hardwood floor, window, original built-ins with counter and cabinetry
- Dining Room with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, built-in china cabinet with glass front, crown molding, double windows, sliders to rear deck
- Living Room with hardwood floor, baseboard molding, crown molding, wired for speakers, fireplace with stone surround, tiled hearth with wood mantel, double windows
- Sunroom with hardwood floor, windowed wall, decorative brick wall, dry bar, track lighting
- Powder Room with decorative tile floor, wainscoting ½ walls, window, access panel to closet in TV Room, light fixture, sink with storage below and mirror overhead
- Landing with hardwood floor, linen closet, cedar closet
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floor, baseboard molding, sconce wall lighting, overhead fan, double windows, closet, sitting area with hardwood and double closets, En-suite Master Bathroom with stall shower, built-in mirrored vanity, tile floor
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, two closets, baseboard molding, three windows, light fixture
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, closet, baseboard molding, double window, additional window, overhead fan with light fixture
- Hall Bathroom with decorative tile floor, crown molding, baseboard molding, pedestal sink with mirror above, shower over tub combination with tiled walls and glass sliders, light fixture
- Walk-out attic storage area
- Finished Storage/Bonus Room with access to additional attic eaves storage space
- Recreation Room with Pergo floor, baseboard molding, recessed lighting
- Laundry Area with utility sink, washer and dryer
- Storage Area with closet
- Utility room with access to Wine Cellar
- Rear deck with outdoor weatherproof speakers and direct gas line
- Professional manicured landscaping, in-ground sprinkler system, fully fenced rear yard
- 2 car garage with electronic openers
- Painted throughout (2017)
- 2nd Floor carpets removed (landing and Master Bedroom) (2017)
- Water Heater (2009)
- Security system
#millburnnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About MillburnVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The town of Millburn was established over 150 years ago, and its rich history imbues the area with its classic, old-world charm, marked by gorgeous architecture including Colonial, Tudor, and Victorian style homes. Known for comfortable living and historic elegance, Millburn is a beloved locale that residents adore and celebrate through enthusiastic community spirit. The area was founded and designed by Stewart Hartshorn and is known as the first planned commuter suburb in America. Hartshorn aimed to create “a harmonious community for people who appreciate nature” and a place “where natural beauty would not be destroyed...and people of congenial tastes could dwell together.” His vision still remains in the peaceful, communal, and scenic Millburn/Short Hills area.
Millburn School Information
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
Millburn Commuting Info
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.
Millburn BLOG POSTS
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Sue Adler Team 2017 Market ReviewREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
- 34 Minutes to NYC