Award-winning Restoration in the Heart of Manor SectionChatham
7 Martin Pl, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 7 Martin Pl
- 4 Full and 1 Half
Exclusive Listing For Sale: 7 Martin Pl, Chatham, NJ 07928
New Price! $1,595,000
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 7 Martin Place in the heart of the historic Manor Section of Chatham. Originally built in the 1840’s, a complete 1999-2000 restoration earned the Chatham Historical Society Award for External Home Preservation. With original period details evident at every turn, and the finest in modern amenities to compliment them, the restoration has only enhanced the character of this classically unique residence.
Upon arrival, you will pass through 8 stately white columns and marvel at the rich mahogany flooring of the expansive wraparound porch. Then, step into the Entry Foyer where you’ll instantly feel the openness and inner warmth of this ageless beauty. The soaring ceilings, original oak floors and woodwork details will give you your first taste of what the home has to offer. Proceed through a broad archway into the formal Living Room where the original hardwood floors gleam from light streaming in through large windows. Gather in front of the impressive fireplace with detailed wood mantel and marble surround while entertaining groups large and small. Just across the foyer is the elegant Dining Room also adorned with hardwood floors, large windows and a magnificent original crystal chandelier that’s been restored to perfection. A more elegant dining setting will be hard to find. The adjacent gourmet Kitchen featuring a huge center island, top-of-the-line appliances and custom cabinetry accented by fine granite is the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack at the breakfast bar, while the Breakfast Area featuring a chrome chandelier and large bay window with backyard views, provides an additional dining option. After the meal, retire to the cozy Den to grab an after dinner drink from the built-in dry bar and then watch a movie in front of the gas operated fireplace. The open and airy Family Room with thirteen screened windows and access to the wrap-around porch provides an additional option for relaxation time. A conveniently located Powder Room with Laundry Room alcove completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, you’ll stroll up the grand staircase to the second level where unlimited charm exudes throughout the sleeping quarters. The luxurious Master Suite is drenched in light from large windows and boasts a luxurious en suite bath and private dressing area for your convenience. Three additional bedrooms on the second level, each with hardwood floors and plenty of closet space, along with a full hall bath assure the comfort of family and guests while 2 additional bedrooms, a full bath and an office on the third level provide even more options.
And there’s more…a spacious lower level recreation room with built-in entertainment center provides plenty of space for daytime activities and game nights with friends, while a separate fully carpeted Bonus Room is ideal for setting up as a home gym, hobby room and more. Outside, the stone patio that sits below a canopy of mature trees has summer views of blossoming hydrangeas and provides an inviting locale for outdoor entertaining, while sitting on the wrap-around porch in a rocking chair couldn’t be more relaxing.
This home is a testament of timeless beauty renovated to sheer perfection. With its classic 19th century style, park-like grounds and close proximity to world-class shopping, fine restaurants and a top notch school district, 7 Martin Place is truly a one-of-a-kind home.
Flooor by Floor Details of 7 Martin Place, Chatham
- Vestibule with glass paned double doors, mosaic tile floor, windows with transom above
- Entry Foyer with crown molding and deep base molding, hardwood floors, pendant light, walk-in coat closet with shelving; broad entryways to Living Room and Dining Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, 5 oversized windows with raised panel wainscoting below, chandelier with ceiling medallion, crown molding, fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround, built-in wall unit with cabinets and display shelving, chair rail and paneled double doors to hallway
- Dining Room with hardwood floors with inlay border, restored original crystal chandelier with ceiling medallion, 5 oversized windows, deep base molding, walk-in crystal/china storage closet with cabinets and shelving, doorway to Kitchen/Laundry Room/Powder Room
- Powder Room/Laundry Room with hardwood floor with inlay border, pedestal sink, bead board wainscoting, window with wood shutters, 2 sconces, recessed lighting, washer, dryer and cabinets behind bi-fold doors
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, custom white cabinetry with glass fronted accent panels, granite counters, ceramic tile backsplash, high end appliances including stainless Thermador electric double wall oven, Thermador Professional 6-burner range, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer with matching cabinetry panel, KitchenAid dishwasher, GE Profile microwave oven, double stainless steel sink with disposal and window above, recessed lighting, chair rail, center island with granite top, breakfast bar, cabinets below and iron chandelier above, large pantry closet, dining area with large bay window with transom above, chandelier, door to backyard and to Den
- Den with hardwood floor, coffered ceiling, ceiling fan with light, decorative radiator cover, gas fireplace with wood mantel and stone surround, built-in cabinetry/dry bar, chair rail, 2 windows with wood shutters, French doors to family Room, doorway to center stairway
- Family Room with hardwood floors with inlay border, 3 full windowed walls with wood blinds, French doors to side porch, coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with light, supplemental base board heating unit, radiator with decorative cover, built-in display shelving and cabinets; 2 sets of French doors – one to Den, one to center staircase, outside entrance from wrap-around porch
- Gallery Landing with raised panel wainscoting, hardwood floors, 2 walk-in closets with shelves, window with window seat, light fixture
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors with inlay border, wainscoting and chair rail, crown molding, window with wood shutters, ceiling fan with light, French door to en suite bath, private dressing area with 2 large closets with sliding doors, window, hardwood floors, chair rail and light fixture; glass panel door with transom to Sitting Room
- En Suite Bath with ceramic tile floor, crown molding, recessed lights, double sink vanity with Corian top, cabinets below, 2 mirrors and light fixture above, bay window with wood shutters and built-in bench, tiled shower with glass door and dual shower heads, dressing room with 2 large closets with sliding doors, window, hardwood floors, chair rail and light fixture; glass panel door with transom to Sitting Room
- Sitting Room with full windowed wall including round-topped window, skylight, bead board wainscoting, full wall built-in shelving and entertainment center, wall-to-wall carpeting, arched ceiling, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors with inlay border, bead board wainscoting, large closet with shelving, 3 windows with wood shutters, ceiling fan with light, crown molding
- Bedroom # 3 with hardwood floors, chair rail, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, closet with shelving, 2 windows with Roman shades
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors with inlay border, ceiling fan with light, 2 windows with wood shutters, walk-in closet with shelving
- Full Hall Bath with mosaic tile floor and tiled walls, window with wood shutters,2 sink vanity with Corian top, storage below and framed mirror above, walk-in oversized shower, separate bath tub, storage cabinet, light fixture and recessed lights
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floor, chair rail, skylight, large window with wood shutters, walk-in closet and access to attic storage
- Bedroom #6 with hardwood floors, built-in shelves, storage closet under eaves, angled ceiling, window with wood shutters, light fixture
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, under eave closet, window with wood shutters, angled ceiling, light fixture
- Office with hardwood floors, window with wood shutters, L shaped built-in oak cabinetry with desk and entertainment center, wired with three telephone lines to allow for separate telephone, fax and computer hook-up under eave storage, light fixture, crown molding
- Full Hall Bath with vanity, ceramic tile floor, window with wood shutters, angled ceiling, chair rail, glass enclosed shower
- Recreation Room with carpet, bead board wainscoting, built-in entertainment center, recessed lighting, 2 storage closets and additional under stair storage, built-in sound system
- Full Bath with tile floor, vanity with cabinets below and mirrored medicine cabinet above, recessed lights, stall shower with glass door, grade level window
- Bonus Room/Exercise Room with carpet, bead board wainscoting, 2 grade level windows, recessed lighting
- Utility Room with storage area and refrigerator
- 1840’s historical home completely remodeled in 1999-2000 – Winner of Chatham Historical Society’s 2000 Award for External Home Preservation
- 3-Zone heat/AC
- Built-in surround sound system
- Security system
- Nine rooms wired for cable television
- Two car detached garage with overhead storage and additional exterior parking
- Resurfaced driveway (2015)
- Thermador double ovens (2013)
- Wrap-around porch with mahogany floor and ceiling fan with light
- Professionally landscaped property with large shade trees, mature decorative trees and shrubs, underground sprinkler system, fully fenced yard with black steel double gated driveway entrance in front, stockade fence in rear, invisible dog fence, fieldstone wall
“Our sale of a higher-priced home in Chatham Borough was complicated by a number of factors that required particular skill around negotiation, timing, market knowledge and understanding of the motivations and needs of both ourselves as sellers and our bidders. Sue Adler was a steady, smart and reliable partner in this challenging process and we feel she and her team delivered the best possible outcome for us.”
David and Miwa Richards
7 Martin Place, Chatham NJ
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.