Renovated Short Hills ColonialMillburn/Short Hills
45 Martindale Rd. Short Hills NJ 07078 – SOLD!
- 45 Martindale Road
- Millburn/Short Hills
- .37 Acres
- 4 full and 1 half
Sold by Sue Adler – List Price $1,295,000, Sale Price $1,450,000The words “highest quality, great taste and amazing value!” describe this gorgeous newly renovated colonial. Entertain with ease in the large custom kitchen with center island and formal living and dining rooms that lead to an expansive deck. The Family room has brand new custom media center with gas fireplace. A nice added feature is the large office that leads to a bluestone patio. The second level has a gorgeous master suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms. One bedroom has an en suite bath and the remaining 2 share a Jack and Jill bath. A full finished walk out basement offers A large Recreation room, powder room, laundry room, wine cellar and more closet space.
- Spacious foyer with wood floor, crown molding, fluted moldings and trim, turned staircase and guest closet
- Front-to-back living room with wood floor, front picture window, recessed lights, crown molding and a wood-burning fireplace with white Carrara marble surround and wood mantel
- Den / Office with vaulted ceiling, skylights, Palladian windows, recessed lights, separate baseboard heating and sliders to the patio and backyard
- Dining room with wood floor, crown molding, ceiling medallion, chair rail, built-in speakers and French doors to the Trex deck
- Designer kitchen with wood floor, custom cabinets, granite counters, tumbled marble backsplash center island breakfast bar with microwave nook, stainless steel Viking gas range, KitchenAid dishwasher, Marvel wine cooler, Haier microwave, Maytag refrigerator with matching wood panel doors and separate eating area with open entry to the family room
- Family room with built-in media center / custom wall unit and flat screen TV, fireplace, crown molding, wood floor, recessed lights, built-in speakers, large windows and French doors to the Trex deck
- Bedroom 5 / Guest Room with crown molding
- Full bath located adjacent to the bedroom and featuring a marble floor, Kohler toilet, vanity with marble counter top and tile shower
- Master bedroom with vaulted ceiing, carpeting, two closets
- Master bath with marble floor, double vanity with two Kohler sinks and marble counter top, walk-in shower with glass tiles, jetted spa tub with marble surround, Palladian windows and privy room with Toto toilet
- Master walk-in closet/ dressing room with built-in shelving
- Bedroom 2 with carpeting, crown molding, recessed lights and double-width closet
- Bedroom 3 with carpeting, crown molding, recessed lights, double-width closet and a full en suite bath with tile shower
- Bedroom 4 with carpeting, crown molding, recessed lights and double-width closet
- Hall bath with tile floor, vanity with marble counter top, Toto toilet and tile shower/tub
- Central hallway with walk-in closet
- Recreation room with carpeting, wall sconces, recessed lights and built-in cabinets
- Powder room with vanity/sink
- Access to the garage with unfinished storage area and a wine cellar
- Electric baseboard and forced air heating
- Central air conditioning
- Thermal windows and doors
- Updated kitchen and baths
- Stone and wood exterior
- Covered front portico
- Bluestone front walkway
- Patio accessed from the den
- Deck overlooking a private, fenced backyard
- Paved driveway with additional parking
- Built-in, 2-car garage with interior access
- Professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, foundation shrubbery and established lawns
- Desirable Fairfield section offers easy access to major highways and close to the Deerfield Elementary School, downtown shopping, top rated schools and NYC commuter trains
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.