Imagine, A Center for Coping with Loss, was founded on the belief that any child who is grieving deserves to do so in a supportive and understanding environment. Grief can be experienced because of many situations, not just through the death of a family member, but also due to illness, divorce, separation, abandonment, or parental incarceration. This is a true time of crisis in the lives of children, but if handled with love and support, it can eventually become a process of growth, healing and transformation for children and their families. Imagine encourages the safe expression of all feelings and provides an environment where participants can learn healthy coping skills and make meaning from their loss that fosters growth as they move forward.
Here are 5 things you should know about Imagine, A Center for Coping With Loss and what they do:
- Imagine offers free peer grief support to kids, young adults and families that are dealing with the death or life-altering illness of a child, brother/sister or parent. They also provide training and education to organizations across the state.
- Imagine is completely privately funded and currently serves over 230 children and adults from 48 towns across New Jersey every 2 weeks—some come from as far as Hudson County.
- Kids in grief are at risk for depression, poor performance in school, suicide, addiction and simply not living life fully and joyfully. Every year over 20,000 kids in New Jersey lose a parent to death—over 700 in Union county alone.
- When there is a loss or tragedy at a school, workplace or organization, Imagine provides support at your site. They are the people you call.
- Even though the work that gets done at Imagine is intense and oftentimes painful, Imagine is a comforting, beautiful and hopeful place.
There are so many amazing non-profit organizations serving the members of our communities along the MidTown Direct Train Lines. It is an honor for The Sue Adler Team to feature so many of these organizations through our 100th Home Sale Charity Program. We’re humbled by the work that they do and we are proud to feature each one by providing more in-depth information about them and how they serve. The 2017 Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity Program is up and running and first round voting is well under way! We invite you to learn more about how our Team will give away $20,000 across 6 local charities upon the close of our 100th home sale of the year, and how YOU can decide which charity moves on to the final round of voting. Visit www.sueadler.com/100home to vote daily for your charity of choice, and the top 6 vote-getters will move on to the final round. To learn more about the Imagine, A Center for Coping With Loss, and the amazing work that they do, please visit www.imaginenj.org.